Issues connecting to EverQuest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dude120, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Dude120 New Member

Hello,
    I've been having an issue the last couple of days where every time I zone I get disconnected. Other times I am unable to log on and connect properly, I either get a Time Out error, or it says that my client needs updating and it just restarts until I'm able to finally connect later.

I've also noticed that when this does happen, I'm also unable to connect to www.everquest.com (all other websites work fine) but trying to load up this site I get an error message "Hmmm.. can't reach this page" and something about DNS.

I'm assuming that I am having an issue connecting to EQ servers, is there any way I can fix this? I tried the following:
    * Restarted PC and Router
    * Flushed DNS
    * Released and Renewed DNS
    * Plugged my LAN cable in different ports on my router
  2. Iven the Lunatic

As only EQ is affected, your firewall might block the IP adress. At first validate your files by the patcher.
  3. Jedis Arch Mage

I'd also try a new ethernet cable, assuming you're not using wifi.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

That is nonsense because he can connect to other sites.
  5. Jedis Arch Mage

It's a $5 fix and worth trying. "Did you try turning it off and on again" - solves any number of issues with technology. Start simple, then dive deeper.
    Flatchy and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Are you a Centurylink/Brightspeed customer by chance?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am a customer of Century Link and do not have the modem issue your thinking of so didn't mention it but its a good idea since folks could get onto the rest of the internet but those modems were blocking EQ

Another thought is what happens if you by pass the launcher?

https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php
    Barton likes this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

I just experienced a similar problem and it happened without changing anything from one hour to another after restarting the computer.

It turned out that the additional software firewall blocked EQ even that it was on the whitelist. After unlocking the firewal there was no connection issue anymore and I just re-added EQ to the whitelist. It is possible that the problem has something to do with the current patch. I do now read that the login server was down but it would be a weird coincident that I unlocked the firewall at the same moment when the login server was up again.
  9. Jedis Arch Mage

What firewall software are you using? I use ESET and occasionally I do need to tell it to apply the existing rules for eqgame.exe to the modified executable, otherwise the game can't connect to the internet.