What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Seeing new stats like Luck, or systems like Overseer and now FTE added as a mechanic to this antique of a game means all player requests are free game (classes, races, etc). Anyone that claims, it’s too much work for the devs should be suspended.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a very strange jump of logic as we have no clue on the amount of work required to add in those new systems. What we do know is that they used bit masking to determine class and race combinations and that is something that is built into the system at a very low level and would take a large lift to change. Not to mention with the class balance issues that they currently have adding new class to the mix won't help that at all. Adding a new race won't have the same balance issues but it will still need a lot of work on itemization throughout the game and we already have limited dev time for content.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It is sometimes significantly easier to add something completely new than to revise an old system.
    minimind and Kaenneth like this.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I rolled my iksar shaman on my main account (because i had like 3 40slot bags and some xp pots i could pass it to make it faster), leveled it to 60, then split it off onto my second account.

You know, an account to account transfer. In late 2017.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Roll all 'half-elf' and 'barbarian' characters into 'human', and use the slots for new races, while
    splitting humans into Freeport/Qeynos/Half-elf/Barbarian drakkin-style heritages

merge the remaining elves into one race with heritages (give them a heritage-specific lesser power as well) more race slots. expand dwarves into Kaladim, Thurgadin and a lava themed heritages.

clockwork gnome heritage!
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yeah, because the current players of half-elves, barbarians, and elves don't matter :rolleyes: . These are different races with different sizes. Barbarians are larger than humans, half-elves are smaller than humans. Both have different 'naked' clothing. The three elves are not only different in size (tree elves and dark elves are smaller than high elves), they also have different colouring and different 'naked' clothing. Why not suggest merging Vah Shir, Iksar, Froglok and Drakkin since they're 'monster' races?
  7. kizant Augur

Dark Elf, Guktan, Dwarf, Gnome, Iksar, Human, Troll, and Ogre should stay. Everything else is bad and replaceable.
    Ravanta Suffer, Alarya and Nennius like this.
  8. Alarya Augur

also, Ogre wizards should be a thing
    Rijacki and kizant like this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

They might have issues from their lower intelligence, but why not?

One of the things I like about EQ2 is any race can be any class though some might not be an ideal combo.
  10. Koshk Augur

It's a joke, Mister McMarrin. That's the whole point of this "hot takes" thread. To say outrageous, off-the-wall things.

Thought you'd have figured that out by now...
    Tyranthraxus and kizant like this.
  11. Alarya Augur

Level requirements for old proc weapons (pre PoP era) should be removed for old servers, especially FV!
    Hileth likes this.
  12. Pimento Lorekeeper

periodically have a war - between races - loser race is changed to winner race until next war. Once every 14 days. Players can help or hinder the war as they wish
    Nennius likes this.
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

GINA is cheating.
    Koshk, Annastasya and kizant like this.
  14. Annastasya Augur

...Baby One More Time and Oops..I Did It Again are the same song.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Call it, "Cull the Herd".
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not enough relevant content to last the year.
  17. Alarya Augur

That over simplified melody has nothing to do with EQ! :p
  18. Britans New Member

EQ Hot Take: Everquest is a dying niche game due to its inability to create and balance meaningful PVP. All newer games, from 2004 up until now, that have had high amounts of success or hype, had a great PVE story with PVP being some sort of component to the game. What you get is the 15-20k nerds who all hate the idea, screaming EQ is not a pvp game, meanwhile other games boasting hundreds of thousands of players with pvp as a part or main part of the game.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

New freeport is functionally better than old freeport, but absolutely hideous with terrible art/zone design.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Minecraft on easy is too difficult for a majority of the EQ playerbase.