It's time to demonetize Underfoot: PART 2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Magneress Augur

I imagine banning a decades worth of plat farming would do wonders for inflation. Lol.

Honestly the best solution is adding a new tradeable currency every expansion and make that currency easier to get in the new expansion than farming plat in old ones to buy it with.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

no, they 100% legitimately DPS raced.
    Koshk and Tatanka like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Found the TLP players. :D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Nope, no interest in TLP.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

botting bad.
    instances good.
    Kaenneth, Koshk and Magneress like this.
  6. Magneress Augur

Bots happen in wow but they generally happen in a spot where its not a problem. (Shardhides) or like out in the middle of a bunch of mobs just grinding loot with a vendor mount and u will see like a small group of ppl mass pulling but the mobs insta respawn where they are at.

Just design in places for the botts to congregate and they will /pickzone and leave the contested spots on their own.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Hate to break it to you, but where they happen in EQ are also places where it is not a problem. Most of them don't want to get banned and have to go through the hassle of creating new accounts and leveling up those accounts.
    I will say that just making AoC have the group named ph's respawn with their being a lockout on the rares spawning would be the best solution.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

DPS racing is not a thing outside of TLP. Nothing more than a pissing contest between angry souls.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Killing trash mob thread?
    EQ2, if I recall from playing it.

If your outside the level range, you pretty much get no drops.
    Simple solution to this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I really don't recall any recent interaction with another player that was more complicated than oops, sorry, didn't realize you had this and I'll move away.
    Maybe live servers are full of less jerks or something?
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Flatchy and Yinla like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then how do you farm the lower level TS items?
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  12. Sheebea Augur

I already know you could careless about the facts, but I'lI put this here for people that still have their grey matter working.
    Solo task- The Lone Adventurer

Kill 5 burynai tunnelblades 0/5 (The Underquarry)
    Kill 2 burynai caveblades 0/2 (The Underquarry)

Kill 2 burynai mineblades 0/2 (The Underquarry)

Kill 2 burynai welterwizards 0/2 (The Underquarry)

Kill 2 burynai archwizards 0/2 (The Underquarry)

Return to the lone adventurer 0/1 (The Underquarry)

You say, 'Hail, a lone adventurer'

As you tell the lone adventurer about the burynai that you eliminated on her behalf, you can hear her sigh in relief, as if a great weight was taken off of her. She hands you your reward as promised, but it seems she is still not fully satisfied.
    These mob spawn in only one area. Only in one zone-The Underquarry
    These(assumed) botters were controlling entire sections of this zone. Section, not one spot. This Monk character was on a spawn before it appeared. Then moved on to the next mob spot. Again, before it appeared. There were/are No mob up, as they are killed micro-seconds after they appear.
    So Einstein, what other zone would you suggest to get these mob for completing Mercenary of The Underquarry? Or Mercenary/Partisan of any Underfoot zone? These selfish plat farmers make it almost impossible to complete these tasks. And yeah, I tried to sent tells- Player not found. Tho I am looking at them. So if on some auto-ignore, OOC and Shout didn't work either. Everyone of these farmers show Anonymous. Why would they do that?? If not hiding who they are on given server.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Yes. 5 to 15 years hard time in the State Penitentiary will suffice.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then they need to add other ways to get the TS drops. I'd be more than happy to see the lower level TS drops as rewards from overseer, rather than having to kill a shed load of greys for what I need.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Despite your condescending tone, you fail to prove anything except that you're willing to break rules. Maybe they are hacking, maybe not. If they are truly disrupting the zone, you're posting in the exact wrong place to get it addressed, 'Einstein'.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if you did add them as rewards you wouldn't be able to match the quantity and speed you can get them from mass killing.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ummm No. And we all promise to stay off your lawn.

Seriously, you are losing it. This is a game. Time for you to step back a bit I think.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What rule(s) did he break?
  19. Nenton Augur

He admitted to "kill stealing" from a robot. To I_Love_My_Bandwidth, that is magnitudes more egregious than the fact that a robot exists in the first place.

#RobotRights #DontTouchAnyonesPlat/KronoFarmingSchemes
    -I_Love_My_Bandwidth (presumably)
    Fraknor likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ah, so when he said "break rules", he meant his own rules, not Everquest's rules.

Since he wasn't a party to the event, not sure how his rules come into play, anyway ;)