NEW one thing next expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 20, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

List 1 NEW thing you want in next expansion
    Ex. new armor design, new mounts (with s meaning horses, drogs, you want many some new), spell effects, spell designs, etc. Whats the 1 NEW thing you'd want.

For me,
    armor design

I'm paying $40 or $50, I could care less about spells, zones, etc. that will go obsolete in 4 years later.
    Armor design though, thats there to stay. To stand the tests of time. Not something you just go back for achievement or time waster purposes because its obsolete.

They have store bought armor designs, thats extra goodies, but every other game, you have an expansion, that INCLUDES new armor designs. I'm sick of wearing the same stuff, slow production of new armor from the creative team.

Creative team, SET UP, give me new armor designs, if it aint good looking, don't waste your time. I'm not trying to be wearing ragged robes ragged dusted ugly armor.

Time is crucial for you, spend it wisely making GOOD looking armor designs.

I'm buying the expansion, 1 thing I'm looking at in the expansion is NEW ARMOR DESIGN.
    Don't let me down.

Armor Design 1 NEW thing I want.
    Everyone else they can put there new 1 thing.

1 because "don't have much time" "not many people working" "etc". Can only get 1 thing out of them.

Armor design, I'm looking at that in the 30th expansion.
    What got people playing the game? The box art looks cool, I like their ARMOR
    [IMG]

If we had good engine, NEXT GEN type engine, brand new game, we could be seeing graphics like this, this is 2020 graphics.
    [IMG]

See the emphasis on armor design, even the NPCs got cool armor.
    [IMG]

Past 15 years haven't seen much improvement.

I buy an expansion just like every other game, there is $$$ store armor and then there is comes with the expansion armor.

Armor design thats my 1 thing I'm going to take notice of after getting the expansion.

This game is old, it's not a next gen, I'd rather not spend time updating code and more time making cool armor. If so much time is spent updating to 64 bit, UI all this time taking away from doing other things. Do EQ3 for the reasons of why you went 64bit why UI update. Make more armor in EQ.

Seeing 64bit upgrade
    UI upgrade.
    all this upgrade
    makes the game seem old.

Just do EQ3 instead of those upgrades. Let old game be old, improve upon with armor designs.
    If this game is trying to have bragging like "most expansions"
    "most iterations" is another bragging right
    EQ3 3rd iteration of an MMORPG.

Sticking to EQ, armor design. Could care less about those things that will go obsolete.
    TBS pretty expansion, its good I'd admit. I don't there anymore because obsolete, why? If its not TLP, why?

Is this MMORPG turning a TLP. Nothing but nostalgia.
    Remember the old ways?
    Remember the old days?
    New year, another year to remember the OLD days.

I'm not to think of anything old.
    Give me new armor design, 1 request from the upcoming expansion.
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Just 'cause it's you Uber ...:)

Dynamic PvP zones or events/raids with PvP
    uberkingkong likes this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

4. Knifen Augur

Id like to test Second to Engage rules on next expansion. Have some fun with it.
    Bobbybick and Koshk like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Difficult group and raid content that isnt gimmicky
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

New moon to explore.
    Elyssanda, Vumad and Sissruukk like this.
  7. Windance Augur

Joint/open raiding feature:

Ability to place a banner when 12+ people are in raid at the same spot. ( not 12 people all the same
    guild )

Would allow smaller guilds to place their banner.
    Would allow multiple banners on a raid, which can be used as in game markers.

Looking back it would be nice to be able to place markers for guild only raids too. Red banner, Green banner.
    Skuz and Vumad like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Riou likes this.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Revamp Food/Drink system so they have to be consumed for the benefit.

But also bigger benefits, like a whole current equipment slot when current food/drink effects are combined.
    Laronk and Rexa like this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Armor...that is what holds you over for 12 months? Give me an option to have my visibles be invisible! The trolls loinclothe and dad bod are what the ladies wanna see!
  11. kiwi New Member

don't use your 3rd party software and you will instantly get harder group content :rolleyes: , specially mission's ach.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  12. Windance Augur

What is your use case for wanting the commissioning system in EQ?

Do you often have other people do combines for you? Looking for a way to make items cheaper than folks selling them in the bazaar with out putting in the time to max out the trade skills yourself?

With the QoL changes and TS mats from overseer its fairly easy to get to 300.

( This is from someone who hates TS's but did them because I wanted the TS earrings/aug )
  13. Buds Augur

A new Class?? Hell, I'd take a new decent AA line at this point, anything new. The copy and paste needs to go.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Since you didnt quote, IDK who you are talking to but this may be an answer.
    Maybe commissioning TS augs that are no-trade. I think there was another mmo where you could open up a window with a tradeskiller, put all the mats in and whatever you feel is an appropriate tip, then he clicks combine. Works even for no trade mats because the other person never actually gets them traded to him..

I can see how people with alts may not want to skillup TS for each of their alts.
  15. Nesalie Lorekeeper

A new outlook on gearing so we don't get [Adjective] of [Slot] gear as top tier with varying degrees of annoyance tied in with getting the ores. I miss having fun named gear in slots.

Weapon Ornament consumables for DBC. Let me pay 100 DBG for a consumable item that will copy the model of a weapon that I can use as a non-removable ornament on my current weapons. Or charge me 1000 DBC for an item that turns a weapon into a removable ornament permanently.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Probably mean the expansion after next. Always find it a bit late when these threads show up. Or maybe DB does wait till around may or June to figure out what will be in the expansion.
  17. Windance Augur

I view the TS quest items as a perk for putting in the work.

If I had to walk up hill carrying my alts to 300 , you can too! :rolleyes:
  18. Ythera Augur

Purchased guild perks. You can buy a guild perk and it tags your character so that whatever guild you're in gains that perk as long as you're in it. Things like: bonus xp, bonus faction, bonus coins on kill, reduced lockout timers, etc.
  19. Windance Augur

Reduce all mission/quest lock out timers to 3 hours (with out reducing the coin/rewards).

Make it so we can run these twice a night.
    alanus, Velisaris_MS and Raccoo like this.
  20. Cadira Augur

What a $hitty, pointless strawman response.

There hasn't been a challenging mission or mission cheese in years. Closest thing we get is boring "see how good your tank is" achievements in past couple years.