ALT Tabbing from Full Screen to a Browser Locks the GUI

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ozadar, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Ozadar Elder

This happens all the time to me on multiple computers. If I am running EQ full screen and ALT-TAB to a MS Edge or Google Chrome browser, the EQ GUI will lock up. I bring up the task manager and hold my arrow over it to bring it to the front. Process is locked. After about 5 minutes, the process lock times out the EQ GUI is restored.

Lock ups also occur when I have EQ full screen but minimized to the task bar. When I click on the process on the task bar to bring EQ back, it frequently locks up. The workaround is to hover the cursor over the task bar icon for a few seconds and then click.

Another workaround is run EQ non-stretched. It EQ is stretched to any of the screen edges, it will lock up when you ALT-TAB into or out of the GUI.

I am running Win10/64 bit, fully patched. I've upgraded my Video Card drivers but does not effect this behavior. This has been going on for over a year.

Ozadar of Zek
    Ascending Dawn
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I've seen this and always clears by choosing end task for Google. I'm not sure it is an EQ issue.
  3. Knifen Augur

I feel for you, tabbing back and forth in full screen freq hosed up my machine, or stuck at black screen for periods of time. Was a nightmare to 2 box on or even try to go to a browser to look something up, finally bit the bullet and maximized and resized everything in windowed mode. Other than the task bar popping up ever once in a while its night and day better, every other problem I had went away.