What classes are the best Power levelers at 120?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Koronu187, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Koronu187 Elder

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what classes are the best power levelers at 120?

I am trying to learn and play live EQ.

Thank you!
  2. Alnitak Augur

Mage, always go with a mage.
    If you have other classes available - make a mage, level it up to 120 and use the mage to PL other alts.
    And if you don't have mage - borrow a mage.
  3. Koronu187 Elder

Thank you for your response!!!
  4. Dilquan Augur

Druids are good.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Something like 90% of the PLs I've ever gotten or given were from druids.

Having a healer and an evac is a good idea or sv vs downtime from a random AoE, etc.

Bad pulls and missed aggros happen sometimes.
    toodlem likes this.
  6. Ribeye Journeyman

Shadowknights are the best powerlevelers because of mass swarming experience.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The real answer BTW

The best PL is the one you're getting.

Who cares what class has the DS? ;)
    minimind likes this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

I need to be educated.
    How do you use a druid to PL from lvl 80 to lvl 90 ?
    Those levels were always a slow-down for my alts.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

level 120 druid with DS stack - thorns, coat and wrath, preferably raid geared, pull many mobs, stand next to noob with any AoE, have noob PBAoE, confirm damage dealt, cast thorns, coat and wrath. Simple as. At higher levels the druid just group up with the player.

Cycling missions for TAs works too.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

I am assuming the druid can do it same as sk just not as efficiently. They have a massive Damage shield on. Sk uses NO DAMAGE weapons and stands there doing aoe aggro. The lil fellers (not grouped with the sk btw) sit there and do aoe spells on the swarm trying to kill the sk. Lil fellers get all the exp for the mobs who are dieing to the SK damage shield. If the sk does any melee damage at all lil guys go without any exp.
    Quatr and Sanduleak like this.
  11. Alnitak Augur

Well, lvl 80 can't group or get TA's from lvl 120. Level 80+ mobs (to get a 0.5% per kill or better experience) fatten up to several hundred K HP. Long-duration damage shields stop being effective as means of killing mobs en-masse. And mobs start hammering up quite hard, 3K'ish melee from lvl 85'ish mobs are not excessive.
    So, to level up, say, lvl 80 to 81 it usually takes killing of 100-200 lvl 80-85 mobs, which is a tall order to do it with DS or lvl 80 AE spells. Takes really long time.
    On another hand - I usually preserve a lvl 100-110 character for the task - it can group with lvl 80 and just slaughter a hundred or two of gnomes in Fortress Mechanotus within a single Lesson burn and a lvl 80 dings up a level or two.
    Yes, a level 100+ druid can do that easily, but I fail to see how a lvl 120 druid can effectively PL a lvl 80-85-89 character with DS.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

13. Wulfhere Augur

Lol

Druids can stack damage shields on others:

Slot 1: Shield of Thistles line (main line)
    Slot 5: Surge of Ironvines line
    Slot 7: Wrath of the Wild (AA)
    Slot 8: Spiritwood (AA)
    Slot 10: Barkspur line
    Slot 17: Spire line
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

The best PL pair is SHD w/ MAG.

The best single PL is DRU.

Once you can group with the level cap, the best single PL is RNG headshot.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

This thread makes me giggle.
  16. Vlahkmaak Augur

Troll Warrior.
  17. Soapy Journeyman

I usually go for out of group warrior (sk/pally would also work), cleric (any healer) and bard (to boost ds). Equip a fishing rod and shield and pull a whole zone, tag the mobs before they die with an aoe on the char to be levelled (if class with no aoe, level two at a time). With mage/ranger/bard buffs you're looking at 16-20k ds.

If you left a rog or ranger at 115 with good gear/hdex group with them in FM when possible, or wait for lvl 90 then group with a 120 rog/rng/war or something. As you get closer to 110 it slows down, but 1-100 is pretty easy in a single session. After 111 use mission xp from ToV and ToL during an xp bonus. With some overseer that will take you to 120.
  18. Belexes ForumQuester

A good rogue is best PL'er at 120 for levels 90-108. Nothing else comes close.

I will PL someone from 90-105 in FM and then 105-108 in Gorowyn.

It is about mobs per hour (MPH) and knowing when to move to different zone.

Nothing has a better MPH in the two zones I mentioned...Nothing.

At 108 it slows down. I can take a rogue into Ry'gorr on the live side and get them to 110, but my MPH is not as good, so rarely take anyone there. The efficiency is not there.

After 108, group progression with a good group gets you the rest of the way with some overseer or grinding at some point.

At 110, I would do ToV group prog and when you are full exp at 115, then do ToL group progression.