QA In Progress When One Door Closes (Raid): Chicken Stun Bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Syylke_EMarr, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

After the last update to this raid (which "fixed" the cockatrice emote to actually land), the stun AE is landing 100% of the time regardless of looking away from the cockatrice.

I believe this is the same bug that exists in the mission version? Maybe the mechanic needs to be removed if it cannot be made to work correctly.
    Swiss, FYAD, cadres and 18 others like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Even with the stun, do folks have issues winning the raid?
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

The stun can 100% be avoided, at least while the boss is in chicken form, by proper positioning. Now you just have to figure out where to stand. A little harder to do when the boss is a blob since you get no visual warning but it's still doable.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That's not the issue. Just because something is winnable while bugged does not mean bugs should not be reported.

Also not the issue. Circumventing the mechanic to avoid a bug does not fix a bug.
    Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I suspect this is an issue that runs into limitations of the engine.

Somewhat OT, but bards have 2 old chest clickies that can block stun.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Chill. Never said it wasn't a bug.

I was just curious if this was a "this is stopping progression" bug or a "this is annoying, please put on a list" bug.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

This is a "the raid never worked as intended" bug.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Sorry, there can be a trend of replies on bugs basically saying "it doesn't stop you from doing it, so it's not worth fixing," and I made an assumption. That's on me :)

But yeah, it's definitely winnable in its current state, just falls into that second "annoying" category so figured I'd toss the report out there just to make sure devs are aware :p
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

This is really annoying. I don't mind mechanics as long as they work correctly. I have tried running far away, being behind a pillar, and I always look away and still get stunned about 90% of the time. It's a long stun also.
    Knifen likes this.
  10. Knifen Augur

Its booboo for sure. I can be standing on top of my other toon or as close as possible and one gets hit the other doesnt. I dont even bother looking away anymore it made no difference for me.
    Sissruukk, Svann2 and Thunderkiks like this.
  11. Daktarr Lorekeeper

Originally, the stun didn't work at all. Since the patch, the second the chicken spawns you can be stunned with no time to do anything. Fortunately, it appears to be random, so it won't normally wipe the raid or the group mission. It does seem a bit excessive however as there is nothing you can do to intentionally avoid it. I did get some messages that say "you shake off the stun".

~Daktarr~ AB server
  12. Cadira Augur

Devs gonna fix this like, soon or just conveniently forget about it?
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Its only in the QA stage.... not flagged confirmed. So, it will be a while and then put into the pile behind grammar and ornament fixes before being left to rot.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Cadira Augur

I'll just keep reminding em
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

I think people are right. I am never near the boss during this fight and always looking away from it so use to never get stunned. Last night I pretty much was stunned the entire fight. Especially on move calls.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Cadira Augur

This still wasn't fixed in test patch, don't forget about it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Doing this event 2-3x a week makes me want to never play EQ again. Random stuns, especially on move calls, and then getting stuck in the stun or root aura, or being unable to run away from charm emotes, is absolutely asinine.

Deepshade 2 is even worse. I spent the first 3 minutes of the Dance event on Saturday in chain DA because of a bugged aura that didn't exist. I was literally released just to hit bard epic a 2nd time. I didn't even get all of my "off the top" burn abilities used on engage.
    Marton and Cadira like this.
  18. Cadira Augur

Still needs acknowledged by devs and fixed. In the group mission the mechanic works just fine.
  19. Cadira Augur

This still needs fixed, too.
  20. Cadira Augur

Still needs fixed, not in patch notes.
    cadres likes this.