Oakwynd Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 17, 2023.

1. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Free trade means the item enters the market and stays there. It can be listed indefinitely and resold over and over again. Because of that, prices drop (more supply == lower cost). Without free trade, the supply is limited (and timed), thus the price is higher. With account wide lockouts, the market was smaller at any given time but with character-based lockouts, the market grows, increasing potential consumers.
  2. Komodon Augur

I mean in all fairness to that we are talking about a message board where they could post the smoking gun evidence to back up and bring community awareness to the complaint after that type of petition goes typically un-punished...and THEY would be the one to see those posts deleted while the offender/s themselves essentially get protected. So it's a pretty fair assumption that coming here to do that, before the peanut gallery even chimes in mind you, isn't exactly welcome friendly enough to be worth that level of effort for most people.

Every once in a while you simply get one who is just too rage'y to resist :)
  3. Zrender Augur

Nah. You're just not able to understand basic economics apparently. To make money from increasing the supply of free-trade servers requires that you increase the supply of free-trade players. Not just people that want to recycle from Mischief, Thornblade and FV. There's no doubt that a free-trade server would be very popular, same as Mischief was, I was there on day 1, I was there when they opened TB because of queues. I get it, it's popular. I just don't think it's popular enough to support another one and keep Mischief and FV at high pop. I was responding to someone observing that they release TLPs without regard for their rulesets being exclusive all the way to live with the reasons I don't think that logic applies to Mischief. Feel free to disagree but maybe think through your responses. Calling basic logic "mental gymnastics" just makes you look bad.
  4. CleverName New Member

So let me get this straight. Your listening, but literally 90% of the posts in your thread all say they want free trade. The Server that you made the most money on in most recent years is a Free-trade sever. Seems like people want Free-trade on this game.

I don't see what's the problem with moving your entire game to free trade. Why not make all severs free trade.

I Personally could see a lot of players returning to play this game not for just a few months of TLP but actually stay playing the game more consistently.

You guys are willing to make such huge changes like raid locking every encounter in the entire game - by the way people have also been very resistant to making EVER mob this way.

But you still adamite about doing it. Why are you guys so resistant to give people what they want. Literally the majority of people want this. Why are you so resistant to making all named and raid mobs locked only. Why are you so resistant to doing Free-trade. Why are you so resistant to the people you want to pay for your bills and paychecks?

I personally don't get your mindset. This is not really changing much from what the MAJORITY wanted. This is trying to compromise with a few. I DO NOT GET THAT. Nobody wants to play 2-5 chars on one account. You are risking making your TLP a failure not only because its lackluster, but other games are launching at the same time. You are alienating the people who WANT to play this server, The people who would be willing to pay for all access yearly. The people who are willing to help make your efforts profitable. I don't get making semi-small change as compromise to what the majority want. If you wanted to prove me wrong have a link when you open the game to a link where you can vote if you would want free trade on your server.. I guarantee you would have overwhelming results. The problem is you don't care. Which makes no sense to me. Its like saying you don't want to be paid for the fruits of your labor.
  5. Ainamaf New Member

Claims to be listening, ignores the thousands of people saying they want Free trade, and ignores the thousands saying FTE is terrible, and acts like they heard "double it and give it to the next person"
    Kunfo and CleverName like this.
  6. CleverName New Member

speak for yourself
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Problem with gaining more EXP dependant of how many alts you have, means you will level faster than any new or returning player. While it may initially get some new alts playing with others if they are all starting at level 1, they will soon out level new/returning players.
    Magneress likes this.
  8. MyOtherAccountBanned New Member

I'm not going to quote anyone because its always seen as a personal attack. To the people who say "they're not listening".

You need to crawl out of your parents' basements and get a job in the professional world. In the real world companies don't just sit around hoping their customers give them feedback. No, they have actual goals they are trying to achieve. The #1 goal is make money right? No, the #1 is to SECURE a way to CONTINUE making money.

Listening to a flip-flopping customer base is not going to help them reach that goal. Instead, they have to set goals as a team/company and STICK TO THEM regardless of what their customers are saying. Key word is "saying". Saying and Doing are different things. You're all saying you're not going to play on this TLP but DPG knows damn well that even though X number of people complain, Y number of people still subscribe (hint: cause you're all HOOOKED).
  9. Goomba New Member

I am glad they have released a faq

heirlooming no drops is a good change

however, to make the server a smash hit please consider randomized loot, and/or free trade

there is going to be new types of endless grief from the FTE mechanics, but its better than trying to go up against a bot army

also /yell needs a cooldown timer, a long one, it will destroy the AOE rmt
    nothing can eliminate the cheese, supply and demand will dictate prices for services

but allowing rmt sellers the ability to monopolize whole zones hurts the game more than it helps
  10. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Heirloom change makes this very interesting, from a powergamer standpoint. FTE still needs to die though.
  11. Warlock003 New Member

Can we have something more substantial for alt exp bonus? 10% is meh but up it to 75%-100% and now we're talking.
  12. CleverName New Member

I'll qoute you, no its to make money. you secure making money by making the right decisions. They are sperate.
  13. Sabra Lorekeeper

They think FTE is the right decision based off the analytics they have and we do not.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Bubbajoebob New Member

@dev team

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but maybe it would be best to put FTE to a vote via priest of discord. Let the most popular stance on the implementation of this new mechanic prevail. Regardless of outcome it would give the player base a feeling of having a voice in the matter. Just a thought
  15. Khanfu Elder

I just don't understand this server at all.

It literally rewards having one account-- heirloom and all the bonuses. This is completely out of touch with a very large part of the player base. Its mindboggling.. and less money for DBG.

Seems it mostly sounds wonderful to those that can sit on the forums posting day and night.. so I'm assuming they have unlimited time to play EQ or actually don't play much at all.. once again this does not reflect the main player base.

I have played EQ off and on since 99 and I will not be told I'm so out of touch with the majority of EQ players. I just don't believe this will be a well received TLP about a year into its lifespan.
    CleverName likes this.
  16. Mashef Augur

Q: What is Encounter Locking? What is the goal for Encounter Locking?
    A:The Encounter Locking feature will allow the first person that engages an NPC the ability to prevent others from interfering with the fight. A primary goal with adding this feature is to mitigate issues we've seen regarding kill-stealing and training in the early TLP experience before content becomes more instance based as the expansions unlock.

Answer to Answer: Just allow training and a self policing server. Much better mechanism then FTE.

Q: How is the lock applied?
    A: The lock is applied to the first player that gets added to an NPC’s hatelist. This could be via a player attacking the NPC directly or the NPC attacking a player.

Answer to Answer: This is unfathomably bad idea. At least make it like 3% dmg like summon. Something that prevents an auto lock on spawn to some character. As is, it is just blatant encouragement for people to cheat.

Q: Can members be added mid fight to the group or raid?
    A: Yes. The lock is owned by an individual player. The group or raid that they currently belong to is the one that “owns” the lock. Players that are currently in the same group or raid as that player will be able to attack. Those that are not will not be able to attack.

Answer to Answer: You will now have random people on named spawn that can just tag a mob and get a group invite. With Bard song you create aggro to a party that isn't even close. The mob now trains to that group thus wiping out the poor schmucks in its path and you don't even have anyone to ban because no one caused the train but you the developers. You have just created a major training problem, which is what you are trying to solve.

Q: Will this prevent assisting/helping other players?
    A: No. If a player would like assistance from someone outside their group or raid, they can target the NPC and use /yell. This will semi-unlock the NPC and allow anyone to attack it. Once unlocked using /yell, the NPC cannot be locked again until it leaves combat, and the original lock is removed.

Answer to Answer: Also a terrible idea - locked is locked. This also creates a boat load of problems that you can't even imagine.

Q: If a player dies while pulling an NPC, can it be locked by someone else immediately or does it need to revert back to its spawn point?

Answer to Answer: So you can't monk/SK FD pull anymore. Sounds legit. Way to break a timeless and uniquely EQ feature.

Here to help if you have anymore ideas you need help understanding how it will actually effect the game.
  17. CleverName New Member

I also hate the binary, well if u want something then it must be because your Krono farmer. its disingenuous and doesn't actually have any stance.

I multibox eq because for me 1-2 extra chars makes the grind more fun. Playing 1 char is boring to me. It is really hard to get into truebox server, usually dont make it passed kunark.

I think a lot of people are going to end up playing other games rather then eq... thats why a vast majority of TLP'ers leave after first few expansions. It because boring doing the same thing so many times over and over. The fact you can progress with more then 1 char makes the game more fun. I think relaxed truebox is how most servers should launch.

Also they know what's been the most popular based on some of this kind of information. I think thats what makes it so weird with how out of touch they are because they have the data that actually supports our opinion, wants and desires with the new TLP.
    Khanfu likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is the plan to bring the Legacy Ruleset to Live servers, yes or no?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Khanfu Elder

/yell..... Horrid idea.

It screams last minute bull SHI*

Just start over and lets get something that will make EQ BETTER... Don't implement half baked ideas.

EDIT... It wont take a day for ideas like this to become exploited in some way and then you'll try to fix it and slowly have to make extensive changes and then realize you should have went in a completely different direction. I vote to put this on hold for testing... adding stuff like /yell to try and fix an obvious oversight from the original idea is just bad...
  20. Ravenclaws New Member

As this is primarily to deal with early TLP issues can it be removed once LDON hits and content is more based instanced?

I really don't like the idea of changing part of EQs core, this feels like it should be part of a new EQ not added to a game we have loved and still love for over 24 year. I could put up with it for a short time to deal with issues I have never myself seen on a TLP, but not in the long term.