Oakwynd Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Starshape Elder

Can we have some information on why Random Loot or Free Trade aren't being considered?

Heirloom seems like a token thing to try and quiet the people asking for a Mischief clone but misses the point.
    Lynada, CleverName, ForumBoss and 3 others like this.
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Welcome to the new meta. Tryhard raiding guilds will require warriors to have 3 or more clones on their account for alt raid heirloom gearing. Gear up faster, win expansions faster for farm mode.
    7arami likes this.
  3. gunstar Apprentice

I don't speak for them but according to the TLP pattern, Daybreak doesn't make clone servers until the original has made it to Live. Mischief is still in the middle of progression. I am sure they will do another one once it's done.
    Kaenneth and Zrender like this.
  4. Iove Elder

Ok so just make free-trade server without random loot, so no one can call it Mischief clone :)
  5. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Huh? Every TLP other than Mischief and Thornblade have been standard re: loot.
  6. Washek New Member

Any chance we get OOC regen on this server? OOC made Vaniki much more fun.
  7. Accidental perp New Member

I actually like a lot about what is being tried on this server.

Leaning into people playing alts and not just a million boxes is targeting a portion of the player base that doesn't spend a lot of time on forums and Discord so maybe are unrepresented here.

That said, I've spent hours now reading these posts and Discord and it really looks like one of those situations where we really need to believe it when folks tell you who they are. There are numerous people basically promising to use FTE as a new griefing tool and while I would love to think there will be repercussions for those actions, history tells me otherwise.

I really feel like you almost have a really great server, don't let it all go bad by discounting how toxic the player base can be to each other. Give the players on this server an out for issues that have been brought up a number of times across all the avenues.

Random Loot (keeping heirloom instead of free trade) solves almost every issue people have. FTE locking people out of a rare spawn matters a lot less when the drops can be found elsewhere....OR.... look at removing the XP nerf from AoC instances so people can use them to XP when the griefing gets bad. It gives players other avenues of play that will lessen the frustration that is INEVITABLY going to come from the new system.

Just a thought, probably typing into the abyss here.
    Magneress likes this.
  8. Pigskin Journeyman

I don't understand how the dev's still have a job. This is going to be a very large fail of a ruleset. For goodness sake, listen to customers. It's not too late.

Random loot, free trade, limited relaxed truebox, merge some more expansions.
    Animosity likes this.
  9. Sakuraba Augur

Appreciate the clarification on the ruleset, and that it is clear some of the feedback was taken into account. It is clear you are going for a separate server style here, with the idea of "Legacy Servers" and awarding people who continue to play on one account. It is good to have variety.

Hopefully this also prevents Mischief from collapsing before hitting Live era - Many have expressed concerns that you all didn't just "Clone Mischief", and I have many words for those folks but the least offensive of which is "Misguided".

Looking forward to giving it a run in May!
    Magneress and Rijacki like this.
  10. Lugerweb New Member

The wording here is a little strange. Is this implying that some No Drop items are free trade, and the ones that are not will automatically be heirloom items? We want free trade.

What I don't understand is the logic behind the giant emphasis on players focusing on a single account when most of the player base has been around for 20+ years and enjoys the challenge of playing multiple characters at once. People invest in multiple computers to 2 or 3 box on Truebox starts. These players are a good chunk if not the majority of subscriptions. This ruleset offers absolutely nothing to these players. Are you hoping to bring back more casual players with this ruleset at the expense of possibly turning away your dependable long-term playerbase? At the very least, please allow players to tie accounts together so Heirloom can be traded between accounts owned by the same player.
  11. Insanoflex New Member

It's not my first choice for server ruleset, but the legacy features and heirlooms will make it easier for those of us who play beastlord and berserker to catch up later. I would prefer just having them unlocked at start but at least this helps a little.
  12. Lynada Journeyman

I didn't want to jump into this thread until the system was explained a lot more, but now that it has been elaborated upon, and it appears to be just the most basic version that everyone has been speculating from the very start, I would just like to point out there are pages over pages of theorycrafting (on this forum and many other related gaming forums) on how to exploit this very basic implementation of FTE, not only to steal camps and train people, but also to heal raids without generating agro, skip an entire zone of trash that is supposed to be cleared, and a whole slew of issues that do NOT currently exist in the game.

From my experience playing the game and being harrassed, killstealed, campstealed, trained, wrongfully petitioned etc. over the last couple of years of on/off playing, the biggest issue is and has always been ENFORCEMENT. It will take them hours, if at all, to respond to tickets about the new FTE system, and this system will have the same problem as the previous system, violators will not face any consequences.

If DPG actually started doing something about AOE PL, they could, easiest thing to identify IMHO. They don't do it, because they lack the staff, or make too much money off of it.

If DBG actually started doing something about intentional trains, same thing. They don't do it because they lack the staff.

I just don't see how FTE solves anything. It just turns EQ into a different game, which will have the same amount or even greater of CS tickets.

If you want to remove this kind of behavior, invest some of the MOUNTAINS OF MONEY you are making every year with TLP servers into actually staffing them. Especially during EU hours, TLPs are a Free For All Exploit FEST.

I will be trying out this new server, but I think the ruleset is underwhelming, so the first time someone uses the new FTE system to mess with me, I am out. Taking bets on WHEN (not IF)
    Dalyrina likes this.
  13. Lynada Journeyman

To add 1 last point, while people will certainly report and petition issues with FTE when they're on the receiving end of shenanigans, don't expect anyone from big guilds to step up and report people exploiting the new mechanic for things that don't negatively affect anyone but instead give them an unfair advantage.
    Magneress likes this.
  14. Trox2010 Augur

One thing that may help keep FTE from becoming PetitionQuest is adding random loot to group level mobs (feel free to leave Raid Bosses alone). At least that way there would be much less need to attempt to kill steal and train groups that are camping the names. Will also spread out the population more so less friction between groups that used to have to camp near each other.
  15. Zrender Augur

Agree, as you may know haha. Just piling on to this great idea! ;-) Or the even greater idea of 1 random item and 1 classic item drop. So if you wanted guise, for example, you could camp assassin for double chance OR any of the other mobs in that loot bracket for a single chance. Reduces nonsense and makes loot fun and interesting.
    Vazz likes this.
  16. Lucerin Apprentice

Please consider the early release of Year 11 Veteran AA - Clockwork Banker.
    - Remove the logistic hurdle for guilds taking advantage of Legacy characters in expansions prior to travel relief (PoK/Guild Hall). A banker available en route for guilds on the move can ease the burden of changing out characters and gear.

Please consider heirloom to cover even FV No Trade items.
    - It made sense to keep epics from being sold, or specific very involved quest lines from being sold on the market. I can see why Breakdown in Communication augs, or epics, should be kept to their owner for the work accomplished, but keeping them from being used on other characters on the account creates hurdles around sharing gear and load outs. It should be the intent of Legacy characters to ease the hurdles around using characters on the same account.
    Magneress likes this.
  17. Sabra Lorekeeper

I believe this is how it will work. They clearly state that one point of FTE is to mitigate training. This means that /yell will allow others to attack but if they choose NOT TO the mob will stand there, turn around and begin to walk home.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

How would that be any different from Free Trade and removing account-wide lockouts?

Seems the "issue" here is with account-wide lockouts being removed and nothing to do with heirloom.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

How would that be any different from Free Trade and removing account-wide lockouts?

Seems the "issue" here is with account-wide lockouts being removed and nothing to do with heirloom.
  20. Tepin Journeyman

As someone that is playing on Hardcore WoW Classic (Bloodsail Buccaneers server) I can tell you that the tagging of mobs and locking them absolutely screws everyone else. In WoW the first to touch a mob with dmg the mob becomes locked to that person. The problem is Quest mobs that are named are instantly taken by anyone with a instant cast dmg spell.

Specific scenario - Barrens quest for killing Kreenig in the razorboar area is required to finish a quest. What you have is about 20 people all standing around an 8 minute spawn point, but the only people that will ever get him are Shamans, Druids and Mages. They just make a /tar and /cast macro and spam that key and tag him before anyone else can react.

Applying this in EQ where you have contested mobs for epic quests or rare / high value loot items...lol good luck. Take some lessons from other games that do what you're thinking is a super good idea and realize it's a bad idea which it is.

This rule set is a huge L. I will 100% not be playing it.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.