Oakwynd Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Basak Augur

Yeah, I did not see that my first read through, someone pointed that out to me shortly after I made my response.
  2. Magneress Augur

I think some of the heirloom stuff is good if you want to main a necro or monk and like iksar or something and don't want to reroll or for example want to hand down your rogue or paladin or cleric epic to your froglok cleric ), at least I assume this is how it will work.

Since enchanters can "Illusion" half elf.. I would love to see Half Elf Clerics, Wizards (there are half elf wizards in West Karan!), SK's etc still ) I know half elf cleric is 90% of the way there as a lot of druid/cleric gear crosses over ! :) even if some class gear is weird it could be implemented in stages. Although I really understand why you wouldn't want to side track to any major group of changes changes like this. Along with testing out FTE.

--- I love the feedback about FTE

I feel pretty good about playing on this server and am looking forward to the grand experiment !
  3. Trox2010 Augur

Be nicer if flagging was account based; one VP key and your whole account has access (maybe that's what you meant).
    7arami and Zrender like this.
  4. Insanoflex New Member

I was really hoping for full free trade just to speed up raiding. With free trade we can plow through the whole raid then distribute loot at the end. It's much more efficient and you get to see everything that drops and can make better decisions where to spend your dkps.
  5. Zrender Augur

Nice thinking. I also love that it will let us farm no-trade items for our alts on whatever class we consider the best for that farm. Will work out nicely for a bunch of epic pieces even much later on after release, even epic 2.0. Would much rather farm a lot of the dungeon drops on my necro for example.

Also look forward to no more useful raid drops rotting "hey, you have a rogue don't you, ok take that dagger" or "isn't that the last piece you need for your warrior's epic? Here." Fun stuff.
    Magneress likes this.
  6. Go Take A Nap Augur

Q: If a player dies while pulling an NPC, can it be locked by someone else immediately or does it need to revert back to its spawn point?
    A: If an NPC no longer has anyone on its hatelist and leaves combat, it will unlock in a short time whether it is at its spawn point or not. Once it is no longer locked, it can then be locked by anyone even if the NPC hasn’t reached its spawn point.

So training isnt actually fixed with this considering instant deaggro potential for fd, mem blur, and just training to zone out or training past your intended victim(s) planning for fd clears before path back finishes
    7arami likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Same here, but at least this is an improvement over the normal loot ruleset.
  8. taliefer Augur

So if someone /Y's a bunch of mobs opening it up for others to help, do those mob social agro if there are people around who arent interested in helping? cause if they do, that seems rather pointless. you can still train people.
    7arami likes this.
  9. SirGaynar New Member

I cannot wait for someone on a bard to tag all the Hill Giants in Rathe and kite them around for entire days griefing people. Ohhh baby this about to open up a pandora's box worth of griefing.

Wizards with Staff of Temperate Flux about to be OP and meta! No one stealing mobs from insta clicky threat wooo!
    xeveq likes this.
  10. xeveq New Member

Can an FD class grab a pack of mobs, cycle through /yell on each, and then FD on top of a group to train them? What's the scope of "semi-unlock" here? Just that others can attack it, or once "semi-unlocked" can the mobs also attack others? The additional hoop of /yell really isn't much of an impediment to a dedicated trainer.

Also, the focus on Legacy Characters is still just utterly baffling to me. Eventually everyone has to box because there's no way to get much done with just a single character, and the pitiful xp bonus and promise of heirloom gear doesn't even remotely entice me to *continuously* level up alts on a TLP that's likely to implode after or slightly before the 70 era.
  11. Zansobar Augur

I believe the Legacy Characters is the element they want to push to Live (I could be wrong), but if true then it makes more sense. It doesn't really matter on a TLP but I would think on Live servers there are many more people with multiple alts per account. (I don't play Live so I am not sure, but it seems to make sense given they have much more time to spend per expansion than on TLPs).
  12. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

• We will make it so No Drop items that are NOT Free-Trade No Drop will automatically be Heirloom items. This does not affect items that are already Heirloom, they will stay Heirloom. Note, this rule will be attached to the Legacy Characters Ruleset, so if future servers get the Legacy Characters Ruleset, they will also experience this change.
    Heirloom and Attunable?
  13. Zansobar Augur

Only Heirloom at the moment. Heirloom and attunable would be another improvement, but I doubt they go that far.
  14. blood & gufts Augur

The thing about locking is as it was first introduced

There no change. So bad
  15. Tucoh Augur

Dear EQ developers being urgently re-tasked to increase the scope of the Oakwynd changes from what you initially budgeted out in order to sweeten the deal for a feature that the EQ community doesn't want and for a server that is probably DOA no matter what you do in order to satisfy the design objectives of people totally out of touch with the game and playerbase: sorry and I feel your pain.
    Grimaldus, Metanis and Sabra like this.
  16. Verrix New Member

Does Legacy bonus XP work on both AA XP and leveling XP or just leveling XP? Thank you!
  17. coltongrundy Augur

Why is this only being done for Legacy Character Ruleset? All other instances only give lockouts per character. LDoN raid instances are acquired from NPCs very similarly to how AOCs work but they are not AOCs, and the lockouts are per character. Plane of Time, Tacvi, Anguish, etc are all instances with lockouts that are character specific.

This is a change that really should be done for all servers. It really does seem like account wide lockouts should never have been a thing in the first place.
  18. Zansobar Augur

It seems like separate buckets since they have an XP bonus and AA bonus tiers. Hopefully they clarify, but I would expect they are separate.
  19. Verrix New Member

Yeah I suspect it's just leveling XP but a clarification would be nice.
  20. Britans New Member

This....
    Pigskin likes this.