The /yell command needs a timer to prevent AE Plers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OpenSource, Apr 17, 2023.

1. OpenSource Journeyman

The /yell command is going to need a timer, 10-30 seconds or AE Plers are just going to write scripts to /yell every mob so they can unlock them.
    Laronk and Zrender like this.
  2. Pullin New Member

lol people have done nothing but complain about FTE needing to be fixed, since its removing PLing from the game (one of the backbones of the game). Now they announce a fix to allow FTE, but still allow PLing, and people are still out here complaining for changes :D. Dont get me wrong i think this FTE is absolutely idiotic and possibly the worst idea they have ever came out with, but damn if the everquest community as a whole just can never be satisfied or happy lmao.
  3. Tucoh Augur

It's almost as if the EQ community is made up of individuals with different stances, goals and opinions.
    Vindar, Waring_McMarrin and Koshk like this.
  4. Laronk Augur

with /yell it sounds like the focus is more on kill stealing than on stopping pl
  5. Appren Gnomercy

A good change, this will let the public retain the good service powerlevelers provide, and at the same time combat (to some degree, there will be some macro-instaclickers etc) killstealers and "party crashers"
  6. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I actually would like it if we can make AoE plvling easier.
  7. ForumBoss Augur

My issue with /yell is it allows trains to be dumped on non-consenting players. Each character needs an option to disable mobs from being "yelled" onto them. Personally I have no problem with either small or large scale PL's, but I recommend a "/yell all" option to limit spam if we're going to have this feature.
    Koshk likes this.
  8. Mestik New Member

They aren't trying to stop the AE powerleveling which is why they changed yell to unlock them, allowing that is being done intentionally. I suspect the next change will be to make yell unlock all mobs and not individually targeted ones.

But man, imagine pulling on a monk oog and you have 5 mobs on you, get near the group FD and yell one of them and the group tags it and moves it back, one at a time. I assume the rest wont aggro in that scenario, because if they would aggro you could just drop a train on a group and not yell... and they would have no ability to fight the mobs.
  9. Trox2010 Augur

Yeah unfortunately the whole /yell command is just going to open up all new ways for people to grief and train others. It now makes it possible to drop a train on a group, only /yell the DPS mobs and leave the healers encountered lock so the other group has no way to burn them down as they spam heal the dpsing mobs.
  10. Sabra Lorekeeper

I don't think you're understanding. /yell makes it so people CAN help you by doing damage to the mob (you still get the kill afterwards). It does not make the mob insta-aggro on them. If the person/group chooses NOT to help, the mob will stand there and start to reset and walk home while not aggroing on anyone around them (until the lock is completely lifted which could mean as they walk home)
  11. Trox2010 Augur

All it takes is for one person in the group to goof once mobs are unlocked. Plus you are relying on the fact DPG will make the assist on attack only and not just being added to hatelist.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think what he means is that if the /yell command is targetted, then they simply /yell unlock the non-healer mobs and leave the healer mobs locked, so that those mobs just continually heal the other mobs, but can't be attacked/killed.
  13. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Very very simply solution to the train / yell / fd problem. If a mob goes from locked to unlocked (either by fd, LD, zone, player death, etc) it becomes Beta Neutral until it returns to spawn point. It is indifferent to all so it won't agro, it is on different faction so it won't assist agro or heal, but it can still be targeted and agrod by a player directly. When it returns to spawn point the Beta Neutral mask drops and it becomes normal again.
  14. Cildar Journeyman

I know that I read here that yelled groups don't give exp in EQ2. Why would your plan work if they do the same in EQ?
  15. Trox2010 Augur

They already said that once a /yell is done it is basically DPS race at that point; if they did similar to EQ2 at least that would hinder the large AFK PL groups.