Oakwynd Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 17, 2023.

1. code-zero Augur

My take away is that /yell initiates a DPS race and if your group wipes then the mobs will be up for grabs before they go home.

This answers my questions so I'm good with it
  2. Komodon Augur

This is essentially going to to turn FTE into the griefer circus that *not* allowing such could and would have avoided. Trade offs to random exception example conveniences needed to be made to make encounter locking scenarios less exploitable to "toxic play", and both those were absolutely critical ones.

This takes me from cautiously optimistic about seeing how the change plays out to re-questioning whether I'd rather just stick with the evil I know.
    7arami likes this.
  3. Basak Augur

That is assuming /yell is target based. I would assume /yell would unlock everything currently locked to an entity.
  4. brickz Augur

They must have data that I don't, because nobody I know really bothers with alts on the same account on TLPs. The only advantage to heirloom loot that I can see is: you can roll a monk or rogue and then send some of your raid gear over if you want to reroll beast or berserker. Of course free trade already solved this problem so this doesn't make the server that special.
    CleverName, Jontrann, 7arami and 3 others like this.
  5. Trox2010 Augur

With the way the Unlocking works the FTE doesn't really help for AoE PLing (even though that wasn't really mentioned), nor intentional training, and it just changes the requirements for Kill Stealing but doesn't stop it.

I do like the AoC locks and the Heirloom item changes; I do wish the XP bonus was changed so that it takes about half as many Alts to get the full bonus. Also would be nice if you could designate your "Main" so they can get the full bonus on a level increase Xpac, before the alts get knocked back down to no bonus. Maybe make it so you can change that designation prior to each level increase Xpac; for those that may change up what they play based on Guild's needs.
  6. Zansobar Augur

Thanks. This is a solid improvement to the game, not as good as Free-Trade but a middle ground at least. I like that it's tied to the Legacy Character Ruleset since I doubt anyone would object to that ruleset being applied to all future TLP servers including Live.
  7. Vlahkmaak Augur

Still no all classes available.... /bleh.
  8. Zrender Augur

Except for the massive factor you ignored, that you had to actually earn that gear vs buying it for cash on free-trade.
    gunstar and 7arami like this.
  9. MischiefTLP Augur

So to mitigate training you created a new mechanic that means if a Monk runs a bunch of mobs on you and FDs they aggro on your group. Or giving you the benefit of the doubt maybe until they reach their spawn point they have no aggro and you've completely removed pulling from the game, drag an entire zone and cherry pick mobs from the pile.
    Dalyrina and 7arami like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just running past a mob and getting on its hate list will lock that mob to you?
    7arami and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

My assumption (and I hope we get confirmation) is that mobs which become unlocked will not trigger proximity or social agro until they reach spawn point.

So if a monk trains your group and fds, the mobs will ignore you and what you are fighting and go home. But you can target them and agro directly if you wish.
    Kaenneth, Rijacki, Meeko and 2 others like this.
  12. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

They certainly need to clarify.. Because that system exists in EQ2.. When you "Yell" you can receive outside help, but the mob becomes worthless, nobody gets xp, and it drops no loot
    7arami likes this.
  13. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Daybreak, add a one second delay to the /yell command. *evil laugh*
  14. NImxat Elder

The puller or another toon in the locked group can /yell to a toon (wizard) in another for help, that toon wins the dps race and power level achieved. Likewise the DS'd puller /yell's to the low level toon (party) and all good. Easy macro to social.
  15. NImxat Elder

Some items that are normally no trade will be transferable to other toons on the same account as if they were heirloom. Not perfect but useful to some players.
  16. Zansobar Augur

Since the FAQ explicitly states targeting the NPC (and in that example they were only talking about engaging a single NPC) I would think you'd need to do that for each NPC locked. If not, then yeah it just got even easier to PL and to train folks.
  17. Zansobar Augur

I think the Legacy Character isn't so useful on TLPs but is one of the things they want to bring to Live, where people probably have loads of alts on each account. (I'm assuming). The only reason you don't on a TLP is there isn't enough time to keep up too many alts that you aren't playing simultaneously (boxing). I don't box so it will help me but then again I only ever do 1-3 alts on a TLP and rarely have them all leveled up anyway.
    Skuz and Magneress like this.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

PLers should have to unlock their mobs via /auction with a rate limit set via demonstration of their real life auctioneering skill.
    Magneress likes this.
  19. Everhaste New Member

Love that AoC lockouts are character based... would it be crazy for flagging to be character based?
  20. Zansobar Augur

Yeah I like it, it's a huge improvement over the base game rules, but not nearly as good as Free-Trade rules.