Please remove vendor sellback for Apparitional Cloak Fastener

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koutarou_E'ci, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Its causing way too much drama in multiple raid forces.
  2. Celephane Augur

Great post, I'm sure this will work
    Proximoe and Fenthen like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

More currency items should be sell-able back if anything
    FranktheBank, Swiss, Angahran and 9 others like this.
  4. Roxas MM Augur

yes, let us resell for some currency some more. kinda sucks to see all the cloaks that drop go to tribute already.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I guess the real question is whether its better for the cloak to go to an alt or for a main to get the 30% currency.
    alanus likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

First off.... No.

Secondly, when you say multiple raid forces I am going to assume that means open server raids, multi guild raids, etc. Some easy solutions to the drama are-

1. No one loots the cloak
    2. Raid leader loots the cloak. After all, trying to lead open server raids is stressful enough, reward them with a little extra
    3. People just need to calm the halfling down and not worry about a stupid cloak
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's not just the cloak you can sell back....
    Proximoe, Fenthen, alanus and 2 others like this.
  8. Knifen Augur

shhhh some things are better left unsaid.
    Yinla, Rexa and Nennius like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can sell back all the tradeskill drops from raids and if it causes guild drama that is just a guild issue and it is not the devs responsibility to solve. There are plenty of guilds that can handle those items without any problem at all.
    Swiss, Ozon, Syylke_EMarr and 5 others like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Don't have crappy loot systems that allow people to loot coin over someone that needs the upgrade.
    Swiss, Kaenneth and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Who needs a NoS cloak?
    Proximoe and alanus like this.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

This seems like a request to help little children. There are plenty of ways for adults to handle this situation that doesn't require removing a nice benefit for people that know how to behave their age. It is absurd to placate someone collecting social security that still behaves like they are in middle school.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I personally think everything should be able to be sold back to the currency vendor. It's only an issue for raid teams with poorly administered/implemented loot systems - as commonly witnessed with some open raid teams.

I raid with both open and closed raid teams. The people that run them know how to do loot, and it's never been an issue.
    FranktheBank, Ozon, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  14. FYAD Augur

The ability to sell the item back is not the source of the drama. The source of the drama is the attitude that some of your fellow raiders have.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

Simple. Do what a lot of guilds do /random in the advloot window and Good luck
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Rylak Elder

[IMG]
  17. FYAD Augur

I'm going to hazard a guess that there are some people in the raid that want to see these fall to Rot round/alt bids, or w/e the equivalent is for the particular guild, so they can loot with their alt. Instead, mains are bidding for the currency trade-in and they're not actually falling to Rot round. So is it better that a main gets 30% extra currency or that an alt/box char gets loot? I'm going with mains.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Sancus and Svann2 like this.
  18. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Actually the opposite. The majority want the items to be turned in for currency, but there's 20 year old sacred-cow loot rules that prevent it, and every time a clasp drops there's bickering about it and 30 minutes x 54 people of raid time is lost. Its purely a people problem (the sell-back is an enabler), but I've seen it across 2 orgs that both have the expansion fully clear.
    FYAD likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like it is time for a new guild?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Koshk like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like it is time to update the rules in order to take advantage of a changing loot system.