Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I think we can all agree the only "solution" to stifle the forum rabbling would be to keep Oakwynd the way it is, since there is a large portion of players interested, but release a concurrent server with Mischief 2.0 ruleset.

If they released an update with this ^ statement, the forums would turn into Carebear island <3 lol
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As others have been saying there are other things that could trigger besides just getting agro on a mob. Until we get more information on the system we are all just speculating.

I am not sure how you are making the jump from damaging a mob to summon them to that meaning that just agroing a mob will lock the encounter.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You're completely wrong.

Hate list. With FTE there will be only Locked mobs, or mobs with an Empty hate list.

FTE adds a Lock List.

As soon as the first player enters the hate list that person's entire Raid/Group/Self is added to the Lock List.

Any way in which you enter the empty hate list is called AGGRO, however it occurs, by any mechanic you can describe.

I am not speculating, I know with absolute certainty. YOU can't know because you fail at logic and reasoning.

Feel free to describe anything in this game at all that proves me wrong.

You can't shut out my knowledge by saying "I can't know". And you can't prove me wrong.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As has been pointed out multiple times there are mechanics like summoning that don't trigger based on just getting agro on a mob. There is no reason to assume that just getting agro is the only reason that an encounter will lock and it could easily be damage based as well.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Please feel free to challenge me with any actual mechanic in the game, by which I will again prove to everyone that Engage = Aggro period.

Saying 'there are ways' without describing them is FAILURE, YOU'RE WRONG.
  7. Larsen Augur

Hilariously, wizard may become the most important class for holding dungeon camps because flux staff is the only readily available insta-tagging option with long range and no expendable charges, so it'll be the best method of ensuring that you don't lose your named mobs to the cavalcade of opportunistic KSers who will be going from camp to camp trying to snag named mobs from under the noses of groups who can do literally nothing about it. Elevates wizard to the #1 group class.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Ainamaf New Member

It's easy enough to fix all of this and make DBG a TON of money in the meantime Release Oakwynd, and a 2nd server with Oakwynd +free trade, with or without FTE.

Problem solved. no more threads. everyones happy(ish) and DBG gets tons of money.... no downside, no reason not to
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yeah, I was hatching this scheme with Throw Stone and a guild name something to do with Glass Houses, but sadly I think you're right.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

-Twice the maintenance going forward til they close it down?
    -Twice the setup on launch day?
    -No way to funnel as many as possible into the 'experiment'?
  11. Larsen Augur

Unfortunately, Throw Stone has a short range and a cooldown.

Wizards will rule Oakwynd.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. JeffHanson Augur

This is a good point. Unfortunately, they won't be able to compete with the people using 3rd party software to instantly target and taunt the named mob (from anywhere in the zone).
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are making an assumption that getting agro alone is enough to lock an encounter and there is not enough information at this point in time to confirm that is actually the case. As has been shown there are other mechanics on mob that can trigger based on different conditions there is no reason to assume that encounter locking will trigger based on agro alone no matter how many times you repeat it.

How many times does it need to be stated that things like summoning start after the mob has taken a certain percentage of damage and that could be set as the trigger to lock.
  14. Moforyguy12345 Augur

That is the only way I'd be in favor for FTE. That is an excellent idea. I doubt daybreak would think it.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is concerns like this which might have the system designed on locking encounters on something besides agro alone.
    Demetri likes this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm looking forward to trying out the FTE ruleset, some of the bonuses also look kinda neat. I think there will certainly be wrinkles to iron out and it might create some issues on earlier TLPs that aren't really a thing on Live so if this is a testing ground for something they want to bring to Live servers it may not accurately show the viability for THOSE servers.

I know a lot aren't excited or happy with FTE as it's proposed atm but I would caution them to remember things like Advloot and Pickzones were seen as major heresy to EQ-purists but I can't imagine playing on a TLP without those at this point. Will this be another feature we didn't know we really wanted or be more like Aradune/Miragul and have a gimmick that falls flat in practice?
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, it is still entirely possible they CHANGE their mind, from what they have already clearly stated.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

You are the one that decided to comment on the WoW mechanic in correlation to these FTE rules. No one forced you to make incorrect statements, you chose to do that on your own.

CotZ, which was mentioned, starts as soon as the mob is aggro and in LoS. I like how your "defense" of the FTE system is a potentially even worse idea that the lock triggers at ~97%.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Right on.

Not that anyone asked my opinion, but you know.

I'm all for them bringing it to Oakwynd as envisioned.

And that being the only TLP this cycle.

I am really against it coming to live, even with issues worked out. But that may very well be my shortsighted opinion.

Let's just see how the experiment goes.

Thanks for giving us your take.
  20. Arclyte Augur

wow a sober thought process

prepare to be flamed by the "new member" brigade