Bristlebane's Party Favor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Anyone know how this works or some advice to finish it? Based on what I read about it you just afk for 20+ hours in 20 different zones to finish it. Is this quest designed to try to get people playing EQ to not play EQ? This is an evil quest because it is all based around you not being able to play. It is worst than sitting there killing a ph for 20+ hours every 15-30mins because you can't do anything for it. I mean I guess you can run between 20 zones to try to find it but after that he doesn't change zones for 1 hour which means you get the zone done then have to afk for 1 hour in the next zone and repeat? Who thought this was fun to do?
  2. Brickhaus Augur

It was extremely fun when it was introduced ... in 2009 (14 years ago!!!).

Before the formula was known, there was a dedicated chat channel to the party machine and people would actively search and update folks on its whereabouts. At least that's how it was on Xev (I cannot remember if we had merged with Druzzil Ro or Xegony yet).

Yeah, it sucks if you miss an update, but the anniversary goes for 4 more weeks. It's really not that hard to do.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

afking for hours in 20 different zones isn't fun and the opposite of hard. Can anyone at least tell me what I am looking for? I used formula on allak to find the zone it is in but I can't track anything and the loc they give don't match to real locations in the game. So I have within 1 hour traveled to every single zone he can be in and not found anything that looks like a party machine. I run 6 accounts on 1 computer and have graphics turned down so is this something I need to turn on particles to be able to see where it is like an invs npc or something? I just want to see a picture of what I am trying to find since you can't track it like an NPC.

This quest is really making me want to quit playing again. I want to play a game not sit there and watch nothing happening until a random update happens.

The other option I am considering is creating 14 more free accounts so I can afk them all in the 20 different zones to look for it.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Well incase anyone else is working on this don't use the allak formula of ((year * 24) + hour) / 20 then result 0.## * 20. It doesn't work and gives the wrong zone. Mine was in barren coast even though formula says it should be rathe. so, 20th instead of 16th zone.

The correct formula for luclin server right now is
    /up dd.hh.mm.ss
    ((dd* 24) + hh) / 20
    (result decimal * 20) + 4
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have used the formula every year that is in Allah and it works. While there are 20 zones but there is not a zone 20 numbered as 20 as it starts with Steamfont which is zone 0. Rath would be #11 and The 16th zone is Dragonscale, Barren is #19.

Just keep in mind that:

You have to do the /up in POK - /up tells you how long your server has been up and it starts your formula.

He is not on track. Look up for the fireworks to more easily find him. He is a fat robot that wanders a set path in each zone and is shooting fireworks up into the air.

There are coordinates listed in Allah for each zone that are 90% accurate.

Each server is different ie you won't find him in BB at the same time on different servers

It all resets everytime there is a patch

The final computation can be adjusted with a minus 4 or 7 depending on the server

He does not always show up at the top of the hour, instead its usually 10 after. So hang around if your early.

And once you know the zone then you can count them out from there and go to bed and pick up the next day where ever the count would be

Don't throw away your count notes because there is a second quest you will need to go to one of his locations too.

/up (the times listed are just examples here)
    05:21:30:07 (take the 5 which is days x 24 which is hours in a day) = 120
    Add those to the hours listed (21) + 120
    Equals 141

141 divided by 20 (the 20 is how many zones it will go thru) = 7.05

Drop the whole number (7) and just use the fraction .05 which
    you will multiply by 20 (.05 x 20) = 1

Although Bonzz does list a slightly different formula, I have never gotten his to work. I always need to do the faction part at the end. This is Bonzz's
    15:02:28:46, that translates to 15 Days, 2 Hours, 28 minutes and 46 seconds. Ignore the minutes and seconds. Convert the days into hours (15 x 24 = 360) and then add in the hours (360 + 2 = 362). Now divide the 362 by 20 (362 / 20 = 18.1)

The zone numbers are:
    #0 - Steamfont
    #1 - Butcherblock
    #2 - Qeynos Hills
    #3 - Southern Desert of Ro
    #4 - Everfrost
    #5 - Erudin,
    #6 - Feerrott
    #7 - Field of Bone
    #8 - Shar Vahl
    #9 - Greater Faydark
    #10 - Nektulos
    #11 - Rathe Mountains
    #12 -Misty Thicket
    #13 - Natimbi
    #14 - Highpass
    #15 - Crescent Reach
    #16 -Dragonscale Hills
    #17 -Dawnshroud
    #18 Cobalt Scar
    #19 - Barren Coast.

Hope this helps - yes it is long but at least the devs who made it back then are not still laughing at us.
    demi and Zaray like this.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Even if you go zero based it is wrong.

/up 07:10:20:47
    ((7 * 24) + 10) / 20 = 8.9
    0.9 * 20 = 18

Currently with this time he is in butcherblock so that version on allak is wrong.

However if you don't use 0 base and add 4 to it (subtract 20 since 20 is max) then it comes out as 2 which is equal to butcherblock where he is.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Heh they have found it every year so I think I would give a listen.
    oh an turn your effects up so you can see the fireworks, may help.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

My guess is the allak formula to calculate where he is wrong due to the +4 I am having to add which would mean maybe it has something to do with changing time to match UTC. +4 would make sense because right now EST (normally add +5 to get UTC) is on EDT which would mean needing to add +4 to match UTC instead of +5 which works to meet where he is right now. Maybe they changed from standard time on the server to UTC time making it change from the allak formula version.
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

I used .09 * 20 and got 1.8 which would be Butcherblock where you say he is at that time. Since that works out to be correct in the formula I wonder if you dropped a "10" spot cause your using .9 instead of .09

Also he says
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

I am thinking the issue here maybe because when you run /up on client it is comparing the server UTC time it came up to your local time which means it could be different for everyone and offset could be different. So PST would need +8 where EST needs +5 added but due to daylight saving time it would be +7 and +4. That or all clients are showing EDT right now meaning everyone needs +4.

Where are you doing math at? 0.9 * 20 is not 1.8.... 0.9 * 2 is 1.8.
  11. Monkeychunks Augur

The -4 or 7 has to do with the time zone, yes. Its only different for server.

The math I was pointing out is that your using .9 and it does not work out. But if you use .09 it does work out..09 x 20 =1.8 and at 1.8 he would be around Butcherblock.

So perhaps in the math work up you did something was slightly wrong and changed it so you get .9 instead of .09. Like dropped a 10 or decimal point.

Either way, I will stick with whats in Allah since it has worked for over 10 years and to come along when this is your first time doing it and saying its all wrong is kinda wrong. Its easy to get confused the first few times you do it but it becomes more clear each year.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

I didn't choose the values I used I used the calculated values from the allak formula which doesn't work right now on my server.

This is allak that doesn't work

/up day:hour:min:sec
    ((day * 24) + hour) / 20 = whole.decimal
    whole.decimal = 0.decimal
    0.decimal * 20 = location

This is utc offset version that works

/up day:hour:min:sec
    ((day * 24) + hour) / 20 = whole.decimal
    whole.decimal = 0.decimal
    (0.decimal * 20) + 4 = location

Also do you live in UTC time zone? If you are in the same time zone as UTC it probably would work fine for you to use their formula since there is no offset needed.
  13. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

You do not have to AFK in a zone for 20 hours. He is not that difficult to find really I was able to finish the quest in a couple of days only because I had to work.

On luclin server I know where he will be until the 18th. For any given hour and have helped others find him.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Sevenless New Member

For Xegony and times in BST (UK time) which I have gained updates (2023).

#0 - Steamfont 00:16
    #1 - Butcherblock 01:27
    #2 - Qeynos Hills 02:07
    #3 - Southern Desert of Ro Updated last year
    #4 - Everfrost missed
    #5 - Erudin missed
    #6 - Feerrott 06:53
    #7 - Field of Bone 07:08
    #8 - Shar Vahl 08:06
    #9 - Greater Faydark 09:26
    #10 - Nektulos Updated last year
    #11 - Rathe Mountains Updated last year
    #12 -Misty Thicket 12:15
    #13 - Natimbi 13:19
    #14 - Highpass 14:06
    #15 - Crescent Reach 19:07
    #16 -Dragonscale Hills 20:20
    #17 -Dawnshroud 21:44
    #18 Cobalt Scar 22:17
    #19 - Barren Coast. 23:16
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a note in Allah that clearly states you may have to adjust the final number by 4 or 7 and especially after a server reset.

And as Fenanebae says you can figure out the whole route and know where he will be for a few days so you don't have to sit around for 20 hours.

There is no issue with the directions in Allah. I have no idea why it works for everyone but you. You are more than welcome to post your findings on Allah but also like was said above - this is your first time doing it and what is posted is years old and confirmed to work over and over.
    demi likes this.
  16. GNOME_POWER Augur

This is the timetable that I use.
    [IMG]
    Loup Garou likes this.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

This year on Tunare its an add 4 to the end formula. It will not be the same for other servers.

If you want an easy way to get this started what I do is go Shar Vahl and sit on the middle of the bridge.

Make sure your time stamps are on in chat and then just go afk or whatever.

Eventually he will pass by and when you check your chat will see system message that: "you hear a laugh in your mind. Bristlebane has noticed your attendance at his party"

Look at your time stamp. So mark Shar Vahl at whatever time and then count from there down the list

No math or formula) needed (but I did use it to start with this year again)
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

heh, this is actually a good idea. Since he wanders in all the other zones but pretty much goes back and forth on the bridge so no chance of missing it. Sitting on the bridge overnight or when your not active. Make sure your not KOS there lol
  19. demi Augur

I have done this quest many many times over the years and Ive always used the calculations found on Alla and it has never failed me .. If the calculations are done correctly .. I no longer do this quest cause I do not feel like chasing down a robot for 20 hours just for some firworks clicky :p and an Xp potion ..

example .. im LFG takes me 10 to 15min to find a group willing to invite me .. takes another 5min to run to group and start fighting .. 45min later " hey guys i'll brb have to go track down this partybot in BB rq.." do that a few times and they wont invite ya anymore ..

in all seriousness .. it was fun 10+ years ago or so when i was younger and didnt mind sitting afk in a zone .. I remember sitting at said /loc and falling asleep waking up and noticeing i had the update :p went to next zone sat at /loc of path .. went and cooked dinner or ran an errand come back and quest updated ..
    CatsPaws likes this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore