Test Update 4/11/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Baulkin Augur

Is the /yell change FTE related? This change is being pushed it live?
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well it seems obvious yes this would support an aspect of FTE. It doesn't mean all of FTE will come to live, yet. It's my belief they intend to bring it to live, until they state otherwise.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Swiss and Knifen like this.
  4. Pikollo Augur

I'd argue the main reason to buy them is for mounts/teleports/illusions. Remove some of those and less people would buy.

Not saying people wouldn't buy them still but I think less would if you can't get the really good items.

Personally i'm all for opening the shop on every TLP allowing players to buy anything (or mostly anything) you can on live and instead just tweaking the buffs. Include the LoN packs. All of that would make them more money.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That might be true for some but that isn't true for everyone as there has been requests recently to have them available on more of the TLP servers.
  6. Riou EQResource

- Updated NPC resistance checks against elemental weapon damage to apply full damage if the NPC is not immune to the resist type.

tbh, This should just delete the elemental damage on weapons/augs and roll it into Raw damage instead

There's probably so few NPC's in the game in general immune to any of the various elemental types, that this change seems like a weird change when the difference between elemental damage vs raw will be basically non existant vs probably 99% of the mobs that exist, seems like it would be easier/better to just dump any checks related to elemental weapon damage at all
  7. EQbud Augur

So this got done, but we can still have a dozen redundant Cleric spell hastes on us at the same time.
    I don't feel like looking up how many levels of spell haste there are, but it's about 15. If 1 HP was added to the lowest one on a non conflicting stacking line and it went up by 1 each time that would still only be an additional 15 HPs at level 120. Wouldn't even be noticed.
    Tegila, Metanis and minimind like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are still times when a lower level rank 3 spell haste will provide a greater benefit then a higher level rank 1.
  9. Pikollo Augur

Thats why I said adjust something else and not whats in the loot box. Same for LoN packs. Make them all available in all their glory, but block OP buffs on TLP till certain expacs. DBG makes more money, players get more swag.

Side note. Maybe add things like mounts and teleporters to the /claim. So if you do roll one you can use it on another server. Or claim it and sell it.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The adjustments they did allow them to be available on more servers which I am guessing that is the goal here.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Pikollo Augur

I get where ya coming from. For me if I am a company wanting to make money I wouldn't remove things to do it. I'd make the cosmetic portion available while blocking the unintended (or overpowered) buff/stat the item comes with. The same can be said for LoN packs. Overseer (if they ever updated the system to include lower levels). Mounts/illusions/cosmetics in the store.

Put it all on TLP and create a better system in which the buffs can't be abused but you still get the cosmetic side of it (until the buff or whatever is unlocked via level/expansion).
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are missing the point of the change and how those crates and sales would be none existent on some TLP servers because not all the required expansions are unlocked. It seems they don't want players getting items that are unusable on the server and would rather just remove the chance of getting them so they can put the crate in the market on that server.
    Rijacki likes this.
  13. Rolaque Ancient

On Test under our AA General, Twinproc now reads --- grants a 22% chance to twincast detrimental combat activated instant spells triggered from your items, buffs, and alternate abilities.

This removes the current twincast procs on Live for Arms of Holy Wrath on priest 2HB weapons. The Test proc rate seems similar to the current live rate, about 30-40% from either detrimental spells or combat melee.

However, the current range limit for Arms of Holy Wrath remains set at 100. Our other priest heals or dps spells are almost always in the +200 range. The range for Arms of Holy Wrath should be raised to 200, if not 250.
    Wulfhere and Metanis like this.
  14. Pikollo Augur

No I get it. Referencing an earlier post (which I don't know if thats what will be removed or not)

The mounts are cosmetic/run speed. Probably the best things in the crates beside the illusions (from my point of view). The mounts probably come with a buff which is what I suggested being blocked instead of not having a chance at the mount.

The TP items for Iksar are all Ruins of Kunark zones from what I can tell. On any TLP they'd be usable almost right away. From what I can tell most of the teleports are PoP and lower. Which is why I suggested put these on the /claim so if you do get one you can use it elsewhere or wait till it opens on the TLP.

For me personally I'd want mount > Illusions > Teleporter (for use now or later). Take some of those out and I wouldn't spend my money on the crate whether its in TLP or not.
  15. globeadue Lorekeeper

All I can say is DON"T DO THIS.
    I would never play a new TLP again if this goes live, or more specifically, I would never buy heritage crates on the next TLP I played on. To have the majority of the good things out of the crate not drop from this change is ridiculous. I have played 6 TLP's and bought many crates and held onto the mounts/teleports eagerly awaiting the day I could use them. (psst - giving players something they have to wait for an expansion to use gives them a reason to keep playing). Reducing the good items from crates just makes so you higher chances of junk like suits of armor and music boxes /sadpanda
    Please note I usually drop $100-200 on crates when they launch to get the mounts/teleports from them, so this is not some casual user saying oh no the sky is falling.
    itzagame_m8s, Kaenneth and Skuz like this.
  16. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

For most instances, that's what this change does. However, it's far less work for them than your suggestion, which would require changes to hundreds of items. This instead address *how* all the existing items work. I wouldn't be surprised if we stop seeing new items which include elemental damage types, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we continue to, since so many things are cut & paste then increase by some amount to make it "new" without designing anything.
  17. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

Excuse me developer team, why hasn't there yet been a fix on live for the 6h lockout /tasktimer imposed upon completion of the 24th Anniversary task 'Reetuk the Inexorable?' Why is it not included in this patch, either?
  18. Riou EQResource

Would just be 1 db query basically to swap over and this still has checks for immunity on every hit attempt vs no checks in the going all the way change, this is like a halfway change
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Why do you think that wasnt intended?
    NyteShayd and Nennius like this.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Can no longer run two clients on one pc. tested on two different PCs. Replicated error several times. Patched client back to LIVE and works fine.