Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Arclyte Augur

the random loot was kind of interesting, but the triple loot and free trade raid gear was over the top easymode
    KobalWR and Runes like this.
  2. Laronk Augur

I like mischief rules too but it kind of depends on what the plan is re: 25th annivesary. if they're planning a mischief type server next year then we probably wont get that this year.
  3. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Yeah quite true. About what you can expect from the braintrust at reddit.

However, a simply stated poll on the official Discord, which as far as I know isn't a biased population: "Do you like the rules, yes or no" Came up with about a 93% disapproval of the idea.

Small sample, but it's a very clear indication this is an incredibly unpopular idea.
    Crabman likes this.
  4. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Sure modern MMOs are very popular and many use some variation of FTE but do people really want to modernize Everquest TLPs? Isn't the whole point of these TLPS to relive some nostalgia but also to experience the old game mechanics for better or worse, trains and all.

I would think that Everquest 2 and even Everquest Live would be a more appropriate place to implement these modern mechanics because it's more inline with the identity and vision of those games compared to TLP servers.
  5. code-zero Augur

I'm afraid that in the future DPS race will be fondly remembered along with corpse runs and coin weight.
  6. Animosity Elder

That was the purpose of them. Now they are just turning them into live servers but starting from the beginning via progression. Shame to see them taking all the originality out of the game and making us play the current version of the game.
  7. Jontrann Augur

Their next status update is going to make it or break it for me. There's already a ton of good games i want to play that are coming out in june like diablo 4 and final fantasy 16, no reason to waste time playing a subpar tlp.
    Esmefamily likes this.
  8. Runes Augur

Agreed the triple loot killed it for me, lost all value for gear because it was way to plentiful and easy to get, I had no sense of accomplishment on earning items like I did on past servers.
    KobalWR and Zrender like this.
  9. Tackk New Member

I'm still holding onto hope that we will get feedback from daybreak like eq2 did. At the very least a 2nd server with some other optional way to play this game.
  10. Tachyon Augur

thanks any idea on boxing rules?
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

A non-official "poll" in the discussion thread of a channel on Discord isn't indicative of anything other than those who happened to be online at the moment the comment was posted. The Discord server is official, the "poll" is not and has as much validity as asking your particular group of friends for an opinion. Posting on a channel of the Daybreak run Everquest Discord server is analogous to posting on the Daybreak run Everquest forums.
  12. TheRealMuramx Elder

Just because you like something doesn't disprove that a vast majority don't. Whether the forums here, discord, reddit, Facebook pages etc etc all say the same thing with slight variance. That is, that a vast majority of players are angry and dislike the new TLP.
  13. Vindar Augur

What are you basing that on? The only data we have of any relevance was a reddit poll that showed only 20% outright hated the idea. The people who post here only represent a small fraction of the playerbase, and those who don't like something are always more likely to be the loudest.

It's pretty typical for people to be afraid of change, but at least I'm willing to give it a try before judging whether or not it's actually terrible. As it stands we have very little information about how they plan on implementing it.
    Demetri likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Then you are either lying or misinformed.

It is absolutely feedback. That's not a debatable point. If someone says something stupid and I call them stupid, that is also feedback. Just because it's not tied with a nice bow doesnt make it not feedback.

Correct, all we have is speculation, because they have chosen to ignore the mob. So people will continue to speculate because its the only interaction from the devs to go off of.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The point of testing it on a new TLP server isn't to test the basic mechanics of encounters locking and unlocking but how that impacts the player base and due to the nature of the very low population on the test server that isn't something that would provide any value.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't what I am saying at all, just because the mobs agro when you get in range or cast something on them doesn't mean that it will be when an encounter is is locked.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am saying that is what I remember from when I was playing last year

Saying something is stupid when you don't have all the details isn't feedback and your complaints could be invalid if the system doesn't work like you are thinking. It also isn't feedback to just demand that they switch to something else.
  18. Obliteration Elder

I'm excited to see this next tlp as it is currently set to be, should be alot of fun
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, which made it fun for vacationing from Live.
  20. TheRealMuramx Elder

Come on now... Really. People want to defend this trash so badly. This is like the Alamo where your vastly out numbered but, hey everyone is wrong but you because you don't want to be wrong. The EQ forums have 1 pro comment vs 15 negative ones. The EQ discord same, reddit the same, EQ Facebook page the same. Go to the server pages on FB, the class websites... They are all the same. 10-20%in favor vs 80-90% against.

Even prior to the dumpsterfire that is Vaniki, there were a bunch of guilds trying to recruit... How many are in the TLP recruitment for Oakwynd? 2 maybe 3. This is basic math 1+1=2 not rocket science. Anyone that thinks this server is not going to be extremely space with people if something doesn't change is living in denial.
    Zithax and Crabman like this.