Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. code-zero Augur

Based entirely off past experience, if you kite something long enough without doing damage it can get bored and go home.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It will entail the mob 'walking' back to it's spawn/start point for roam.

The only warping will happen when it gets stuck on geometry but the pathing code 'realizes' it's stuck. Sometimes they get stuck and it doesn't try to warp. Just depends.

At any rate, the farther you can pull it away before losing aggro, the longer you'll have to re-acquire.

*EDIT*
    This is simple Necro/Bard/Monk stuff, I'm not sure about the Leashing mechanic details. I assume some mobs that are Leashed can't be pulled farther than a specified distance away. Again, seems obvious.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Trident Elder

This aspect of the mechanic is pretty much the least of my worries.
  4. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Your argument that FTE will be good for EQ cuz it was for WOW doesn't really hold any water cuz a ton of people who play EQ don't play WOW or other MMO's because its different. Some would say more hardcore. I feel like FTE makes the game even easier which for a lot of old time vets will be bored much faster and quit.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

67% don't want it?

Looking closer at those numbers and it seems 56.2% are at least willing to give it a try and 24% are writing off any server that isn't a Mischief clone. It seems that only 19.9% are saying that they don't want it.
    Vindar, Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we have nothing to confirm that other then people making a guess at how the system will work. It could easily be similar to how summoning works and the mob needs to be damaged before it triggers.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But we don't know how it will be triggered and we need to wait for more information to confirm.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No we can't there are already mechanics in game such as summoning that trigger based on damage to the mob most of the time but can also trigger just based on agro. Until we hear more about the system we can't say for sure what it means to engage an encounter and trigger a lock. It could easily be any agro but it might not be either.
    Zrender likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you get summoned, you aggroed the mob.

If you got summoned and the mob wasn't currently locked, it is now.

Engage = Aggro in every case.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  10. Ruhi Augur

we've got 90 pages of the same 12 people talking about this.

you're so dead set in your own opinion of what engage means in this context.

i'm replying to you and engaging this conversation - and if i sat here and never responded - i wouldn't be engaged with you.

in several other games, aggroing a mob doesn't tag it - a debuff or dmg is required - it's feasible the mechanic is what you think it is or perhaps it is not - and belittling other posters engaged in this conversation isn't really helpful feedback for devs lol.
    Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While that might be the case it is also possible that damage is required to lock the mob just as it is required to put a mob in a summoning state.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

The fact that they just announced they have to delay the UI update for to a lot of issues they discovered on the Test server (kudos for actually utilizing the Test Server properly), just shows that FTE should be tested there first prior to being implemented on a pay to play server. This way the fundementslly game changing update can be Tested in a proper environment to iron on most of the worst wrinkles before pushing it Live. Especially considering this was something more than likely slapped together and not having been in works for months now; unlike the UI update.

Edit: adding link to UI Delay Announcement; https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-new-ui-engine-update
    Crabman likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Testing on the test server is very unlikely to test the concerns that are being raised in this thread and would likely provide little value.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. Crabman Augur

It is quite a poorly written poll honestly.

Only the first option says they like the idea, and it is incredibly strongly worded "i love it!" or whatever it said.

"giving it a shot" is in both of the next 2 answers and give no insight at all to whether those actually think its a good idea or not.

no way, i think theyve made a grave mistake is another incredibly strong stance the other way

and mischief or bust is also very strong. we see tons of people say i want mischief plus this one thing. so they may think mischief rules are/were good but put their answer elsewhere...

people who are on the fence, why are they on the fence? are you someone who enjoys pre-pop and want to do that but you are on the fence about this fte? are you just waiting for more details? are you hoping they get rid of it and thats why you are on the fence? This poll provides no insight whatsoever...
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If the mob's hate list is currently empty, any action that puts you on the hate list immediately locks that mob to you/group/raid.

With the Paths back - Reset - Unlock. There will only ever be Locked mobs, or mobs with an empty hate list.

Topping the hate list is what we call in EQ... AGGRO.

Any way you do it, any way it happens, it's always Engage = Aggro period.
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. TheRealMuramx Elder

The truth I feel is, TLE isn't what people wanted. What people really wanted was for DPG to bring back the PnP or at the very least enforce their own ToS.

I mean think about it, why do a camp check if camps don't exist? because players respected each other and those that didn't were afraid if they got reported old SoE would find the 3rd party stuff they were using, and they would get suspended/banned. people were a lot more lowkey with basically cheating.

With DPG it's zero accountability. Teh expansions change the "camp" (which i use loosely) change, but the people don't. They train, they KS (DPS race to make the people that do it feel better about being jerks) and it doesn't matter how many reports get filed about them, how many screen shots of videos.... the response is always the same "we cant tell you what action we took" why because they sent an e-mail saying "please don't do that anymore" for the 20th time.

TLE is for them more then it is for us. its less reports to go through. When what we asked for is for them to enforce their own ToS at the very least.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. Koniku Elder

100%

One thing people seem to ignore is that people lie in polls all the time. A good amount of the "I will not play on this ruleset" types will play on it anyways, they just want to try to influence a change.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Domniatric Augur

I have a ingenious idea for those people who want to play on a TLP with Mischief rules. Now hear me out on this one....Play on Mischief.
  19. Lamberduim Elder

Sure go back to an expansion people actually enjoy and I'll play mischief. Majority of TLP players leave after velious/luclin/pop

Myself included
  20. Arclyte Augur

he is currently abusing the civil rights of this innocent swamp-dweller

[IMG]