TLC Blocks level 120's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkeychunks, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Monkeychunks Augur

2. Knifen Augur

And while your fixing that code, go ahead and throw GMM ornaments on the TBL raid vendor so I can buy a second set. That would be swell.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Fenthen likes this.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

This isn't just for the Beryl ornaments. This is effecting Dark Elf ornaments etc as well. You can't get those to drop anymore, this needs attention. Please upvote Monkey's bug.
    Monkeychunks likes this.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

This is working as intended and is not a bug, so I am moving this thread to the Veterans' Lounge.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

It may not be a bug, but it's kinda silly to keep it in place at this point in the game's life, don't you think?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think the point being is that it is NOT working at intended since no one can get the drops. Several have mentioned meeting the TLC and still no drops.

Seems to me like it is a bug
  8. Cicelee Augur

Just to confirm, it is intended for a level 120 to not be able to kill mobs in order to obtain Beryl ornamentations? That the only way is to (a) delevel (lol), (b) buy in bazaar if available, or (c) create a level appropriate toon for those zones and then loot them accordingly?
    Monkeychunks likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Trivial loot code is pretty silly, but if my gear was all recommended level instead required level and there was a bonus to doing it I wouldn't mind doing a NG+.

Just romping from glooming deep mines to NoS obliterating everything would be fun. A good bonus would be 10x kill credit on any white con or higher for slayer would be interesting. Or bonus loot, or something.
    Barraind likes this.
  10. Monkeychunks Augur

So " working at intended" means:

Per the announcement back in Aug 12, 2018
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-524342

Beryl Hero's Forge - Any level 10+ NPC in a current Hotzone

And was the below corrected? Or are we still stuck on not everyone being able to get that set?

The dark blue or higher kills for Hero's Forge drops is intended. This does create an issue with the set that drops in Hot Zones, so you can expect a change to make sure everyone can get that set.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

We are just asking for the Trivial Loot code to be removed from Hero's Forge, not weapons and stat armor. Failing that, at least offer it in the marketplace like they used to.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  12. VerranaFV Journeyman

13. VerranaFV Journeyman

Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ngreth likely replied after confirming that you cannot get them from existing hotzones, and then at the meeting about it the Devs as a whole dug into the whole thing and brought up that it wasn't a bug but the intended function. At most, the low priority ticket could simply be that they are going to add them as possible drops to whatever the Daily Adventures are or to simply add hotzones for 100-110. So Ngreth could be addressing the fact that the items cannot be obtained without shrouding down, while Ratalthor was addressing the fact that this is not a bug, but how the TLC is intended to work.
    Use Shroud and go kill in one of the Hotzones that would drop it for that level range. You don't need to delevel, you don't need to buy int in the bazaar, and you don't need to create a separate character to do it.
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

Do you think players have not done this already?

Please prove us wrong and shroud down and go to Oceangreen Hills. That is the last reported zone that had any Beryl drop at all.

And please post a screen shot of how many Beryl you get.
    VerranaFV likes this.
  16. VerranaFV Journeyman

I have leveled characters recently in level-appropriate hot zones and have not seen any Beryl drop. TLC should not prevent it from dropping from mobs that are blue, white, yellow, or red for characters that are leveling in the appropriate zones where it's supposed to drop.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You are confusing it being rare with it not droppping because of TLC. The Beryl gear most definitely drops, it is just rare. It is not at ultra rare rates, but it is a bit more rare than is typical for a rare drop.
  18. bobbin Elder

I got a Beryl Wizard Hat in the 75 hot zone a few days ago on my level 75 toon.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

TLC should not apply to ornaments. Ever.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Be nice if i could get Bixie ornaments to drop but nope :(
    Silvena likes this.