Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Reminding people that we don't have the full, or very much information at all about this new mechanic is contributing to this thread. Repeated posts about how this is all doomed to to fail, no one will want to play on it, all these various speculated problems and other issues with the server isn't helping anything or anyone in regards to this server. Providing feedback and posting concerns is one thing but the rest isn't going to provide any value.

You call my posts whining but that is what others think about all the doom and gloom posts or demands to change this server into something else before the full rules are actually released.
    Vindar and Zrender like this.
  2. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

You have to be trolling lol. You are the one whining about how this hypothetical server isn't meeting your needs. The man is just telling you to wait for a developer response/update.

"We need our voices heard before it's too late!" Dude, it's a TLP server plan, and you are treating it like world war 3 lol.
  3. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

Lets settle down Servers_are_Down, no reason to be so hostile on the forums.
  4. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Rabble Rabble Rabble.
  5. Trident Elder

Please guys just let them buy enough time to give us more details. Then at that point when it does come down any further feedback that will inevitably come will be useless in any attempts to avoid the launch of this being a complete clusterf as development will already be locked in.

It's almost as if they didnt wait until the last minute to announce these things they wouldn't corner themselves into these situations.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Seeing as how they have almost across the board refused to change server rules after they release, if people do want a change you need it made before launch. Look at the plethora of go nowhere requests for late life server changes and the endless choruses of 'you signed up for it.'
  7. Trox2010 Augur

And Mangler's initial announcement shows that they are willing to rethink a servers ruleset if a vast majority of players voice concerns prior to launch; granted in that case it was damn near universally hated.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

No, I noticed it 23 years ago when they were already changing stuff. But boomers keep thinking the game has been unchanged in 2 decades.

Again, the company has not had a good enough track record for me to agree. They can call Mangler a hardcore server and Selo a casual server, that doesnt make it true, it shows lack of understanding.

And now we're back to you speaking for the company.Knock it off.

Wrong on both accounts. Currently, Nokhud in Dragonflight is 100% occupied by PLers across many, many, many different shards. There are dozens of people spamming city chat for PLs and they are much cheaper than EQ.

It's just less of an issue because up multiple people, grouped or not, can obtain rewards for tagging mobs.

When is the last time you checked? Because the person you replied to gave a time frame and you said nothing of any value.

Basically since War Mode was introduced, WoW has not have FTE, except with WM on.

Changing things before they are released is literally the best way. Instead of the glacial pace we usually get change AND because launch hype is a huge snowball effect.
  9. Thatoneguy666 Elder

apples and oranges. Do you really think any developer had any ego or significant coding time tied up in the idea of Mangler being era-locked or 50% exp or whatever dumb idea they had for that server?

Of course not. Just a case of them being out of touch and having no idea what their customers as want, as per usual. But their hearts were in the right place. Once they saw the backlash, it wasn't that difficult for them to say, "Sorry, we were wrong."

Completely different with FTE. This is an ideologically driven change, that is clearly very near and dear to someone's heart. Perhaps multiple someone's, we don't know. And the longer they take to come up with a response, the less hope I have. Saying "I'm sorry, we were wrong, we're going in a different direction" isn't too tough if that's how you feel.

Trying to perform the necessary mental gymnastics to convince yourself that despite 90% of feedback being negative, you are absolutely in the right, AND writing a nice FAQ to essentially ram this down the customers throat, while at the same time finding the precisely worded softball questions to somehow make themselves not seem like total incompetents....Well that could take a minute.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

That's not true. The overwhelming majority of people sharing feedback is helping inform DPG that this ruleset is terrible while there is still time to reconsider. It doesn't guarantee that they will listen but to say that folks shouldn't express their (sometimes exagerated) feedback is just to presume that doing nothing is better. In actuality, sitting around and assuming that it will be fine is the thing that isn't actually helping anyone.

The company seemingly has trained the players that the only way to impact product direction is to form an angry and vocal mob waving pitchforks on the forums. If there were better community involvement, I agree that this wouldn't be necessary (but we also wouldn't be looking at this terrible ruleset).
  11. Lamberduim Lorekeeper

I don't care about fte or whatever. I think it's funny tlps are now the new test server. I just want mischief rules, otherwise I'm sitting out another year
    Lynada likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Last time I played which was last year they had encounters lock to the faction that attacked first.
  13. Lamberduim Lorekeeper

Mischief 2.0 server
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The people that are providing feedback are making a lot of assumptions about how the ruleset will actually work since we don't have any of the details behind it as of now. You are also talking about the people who are posting on the forums and there is another large group that don't read or post on them at all. We should be focusing on feedback that raises our concerns and not focusing on why you think this idea is going to fail or be bad in general and needs to be immediately discarded for another server idea.
    Zrender likes this.
  15. Zrender Augur

No, the (not really) overwhelming majority is QQing because it's not Mischief 2.0 and they are willing to say whatever to try to get that. As if DPG didn't already know that would be the response. Sometimes what the vocal forum warriors want is not what's best for the game's longevity.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

Then you are playing with War Mode on, which is like playing on a pvp server irrelevant to the current discussion.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Those two sentences are the same. Reasons why an idea is going to fail IS feedback about the concerns. It's not up to us (the royal us) to sit back and wait 2 weeks for an answer, it's up to the company that made the ruleset to either address concerns or ignore the mob. If you ignore the mob, maybe it goes away or maybe it gets louder.
  18. wade_watts Augur

I am talking about people from every social forum that I am aware of that discusses EQ. This forum, official and unofficial discords, other forums, reddit, guild discords, etc. I have yet to find a place in which even a sizable minority thinks this is a good idea. It has resonated so much so that the community managers on the official discord have promised a response to the blowback.

You keep saying "focus on feedback that raises concerns". Thats literally what everyone is doing - you are just being oddly critical about the way in which people are sharing their feedback. Feedback IS saying that this ruleset is not good and should be discarded for another server idea.
  19. Goomba New Member

Thanks mods for allowing my thread to go through, I will try to keep things simple

Me and my friends have played literally for over 2 decades, all of us are coming back regardless of ruleset, but:

I was on the free trade TLP, it was AWESOME

I was on the mischief servers, they were AWESOME

I am going to presume what we are asking for is difficult to code, or whatever

If you go through the current boring exprimental ruleset, it will hurt your profits

Please consider Free trade + Mischief + current Oakwynd ruleset

I have tried to read through every Oakwyind Dev thread post. I am fine with first tagging, I just want all the other goodies. Going without Mischief and/or Free Trade is a HUGE MISTAKE
    Lynada and Appren like this.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

There's just a ton of useless/irrelevant/wrong information here. Btw - 616 to Verant to SoE to Daybreak to EG7. That's 5 companies in history. Some of the worst management happened 20-24 years ago, when they kept deciding to take profits from EQ to make EQ2, DCUO, etc. because there was no way EQ was gonna be their only game. ALSO, EQ benefited GREATLY from having almost no competition at the time. After they peaked in LoY (goat expac) came the giant fumbling of the bag with GoD/OoW which coincided with WoW beta and that was the downfall.

Nothing Daybreak has done in the past ~5 years will hold a candle to that era's just massive mishandling.
    6BoxerOnCoirnav likes this.