Do you enjoy playing Overseer each day?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I am amused by some of the quest names, especially when I first see them or see them after an period of not seeing them. The task information is sometimes humorous, too.
    Nennius, Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

This.

It's nothing more than an in-game tool I use to make certain boring, time-consuming tasks go faster. That's all it is.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

TBH I wish more people non-boxed were willing to do ToV missions every couple of days so I didn't have to play Overseer.
  4. Daedly Augur

Make it both in-game and a mobile interface. When I am logged in, I want to actually play, but I would happy to do overseer stuff on my phone. They could even add a few Ad banners to make some extra money. And add raids so that people from the same guild could contribute characters.
    Bernel likes this.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

I enjoyed it originally when it was novel. Revealing new character art and snippets of lore was cool. I don't "enjoy" it today, but I 100% appreciate its function: easy experience, easy TS materials, easy collectibles, another means of acquiring rez tokens, etc.

For those who don't have a stable full of max-gear, max-AA level 120, Overseer has a ton of value.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  6. Fian Augur

It sounds like most people feel that Overseer rewards are worthwhile. I also agree. However, if your choice was to just login and automatically get the rewards, or play the overseer game to get them, what would you choose? Personally, I would prefer to just get a login reward, equivalent to 5 overseer quests.

Or maybe a compromise? Once you have all Overseer achieves, it reverts to a login reward. So you do have to play the game to level it up first.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

8. Chorus Augur

frankly, I'd like to see it removed from the game. Having that card game make a come back would be 100's of times better than overseer. I use it because it adds efficiency to things I'm currently working on, but feel it detracts from the game immensely overall and would like to see immersion breaking things like this one removed. At least the card game was a separate interface with in game rewards and that card game was actually a bit enjoyable for people that like deck building.
    Animosity likes this.
  9. ForumBoss Augur

I find it quite tedious, but the regular xp and merc AA rewards make it essential for me. I'd much rather have the normal mob kill XP rate increased for regular XP and just grind out a lesson somewhere.

One minor annoyance that I think could be easily fixed is that after you start a mission, it selects the Active Quests tab, then you have to do an extra click to get back to the first tab to select another mission. Just let me start a mission with a single click (no confirmation, saving another click) and be done, please. And please also add an "accept all rewards" button.