Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Ruhi Augur

We don't have all the information. My take is: let's wait and see how it works out. I'm ok with something new and interesting.

The 6 people who think bards will kite all the mobs everywhere - or some uber monk/bard puller will snipe every named - we literally don't even know the details of how the new mechanic will work exactly - it's all assumption.

I get it though, people were hoping for mischief 2.0 clone - the posts that say free trade would make fte tolerable make me laugh.
  2. HuggyBear Journeyman

It is very short sighted to assume that because there won't be AE PL groups that those people will then join PUG groups. The amount of PUGs will not increase, they will just end up losing the subscribers who cannot keep up anymore. Those PL groups allow people who cannot dedicate 20 hours a week to leveling/AAs + 15 hours a week for raiding to keep up with people who can.

Some people do not have 4 hours a night to join these absolute trash groups who are 50% afk and 2 people are doing all the work. I should know I have played a puller on every TLP so I see the garbage groups out there, and it is VERY common. It is why MOST people have static groups they grind it out with because they know those people will 100% contribute even if it is for the 1-2 hours.
    Appren and Go Take A Nap like this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In a vacume of a server with only Players on it.

It's RMTers that cause the problem.

RMTers don't want to Kill steal you, you're a potential customer.

RMTers don't want to run a bard around a zone locking everything down with too much effort.

All they want to do is extract money from your play.

I don't care about 1 TLP, I'm just afraid this will come to Live.

Currently an RMTer can't really compete with a max level on live, when it's DPS race. When you can tag and gatekeep? well...
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

By what metrics? We don't have much information about the full rules of the server or why they decided to attempt these rules. Once they release the FAQ we will likely have more of that information and will have a better understanding of what the rules are intended to do.
    Demetri likes this.
  5. Thatoneguy666 Elder

FTE is a solution in search of a problem. I think that is pretty obvious. The fact that day break never thinks it's worthwhile to share their reasoning and their thinking with the players ought to be a huge concern.

We deserve better. Period.
  6. Fhiele Augur

I don't think the server sounds bad. I'm not sure I'll play, I'm a little worn out from Mischief and then Yelinak. I could skip one. This might be the one.
    Demetri and 6BoxerOnCoirnav like this.
  7. KronoCatcher Journeyman

Thats not fun TLP action?! lol - No keying would move the pointless bottlenecks which is why they exist to begin with.
  8. KronoCatcher Journeyman

Pretty simple fix for FTE - make 2 servers, one with and one without. See how it goes. Lets mash it up against a Mischief clone? Or would that be too much for FTE to handle? :)
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't designed to see how popular the idea is rather if it will work and what issues it has that need to be addressed.
    Demetri, Rijacki and Zrender like this.
  10. KronoCatcher Journeyman

Your saying this is moving forward and we will be used to iron out the bugs? This is the reason I didnt like EQ2, the "locking" of the mobs was 100% why I didnt play that game, just my opinion of course :)
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see how they don't move forward with it at this point in time as they have just done a basic announcement and they posted they are working on responding to our feedback.
  12. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

whoa. maybe relax instead of posting so much?
  13. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Because they've never made bad TLP design decisions before and rolled them back due to negative feedback... o_O
    KronoCatcher likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't change the fact that we should at least wait for more complete details before writing off the new rules and expect them to walk back on it. Based on information that they release expanding on the details this server might not be as bad as you think.
  15. Valv Journeyman

Ahh yes, standing around waiting for things to spawn, peak kunark gaming.
    VP key and angry/shady goblin are the two things that makes kunark pretty awful to play on tlps and I'd rather they fix issues like this than any of the unlocking mods we are getting

bonus loot seems mandatory on short lockout tlps, raiding with 72 people to get 3 loots off a boss is just outdated gameplay, 10mans in wow drop 2-3 loots per boss, we don't sit in each expac for 2 years, 8 weeks in tlp is just punishing to try to gear up raiding

the bonus loot being random adds so much to the game
    free loot makes alts playable and main swapping realistic on tlps
    10% bonus feels low, 20% per would be very noticeable after 1-2 max level toons and 5 alts at max level seems like plenty for anyone on 1 account to reach the 100% cap
    Excruciator_Test likes this.
  16. Overcast451 Augur

Personally, I like the idea of the locks. It works well in WoW to be honest, overall.

The one big problem with them in WoW however are those situations where you group is engaged on trash mobs and someone slithers past and grabs the named while you are engaged. That could be a small problem in some cases still.

This might... help with the PLers that dominate zones. In certain eras some zones are completely useless. Going to 'The Deep' during Luclin or PoP? Good luck! Went there with a group once and 10 instances were capped out with PLers pulling 50%-100% of the entire zone.

I mean - how often do you see.. "Selling Deep PL!!" - yea.. constantly. Until PoP - then it's PoInnovation.

Admittedly - I didn't get mobs KSed from me very often at all, once I was engaged. The largest problem I seen for EQ in general was PLers completely dominating certain zones to PL paying customers. They did it with no tact, no concern for others in most cases.

No actual issue personally with the AFK PLing to be honest - it was the way they acted towards others in the zones who wanted to play normally. At least they are attempting to address it.

DBG either needs to add something like this or instances on demand. I have a feeling they aren't going to do instances on demand.

There may be some 'social impact' - but seriously.. don't blame DBG. Blame those that feel they can take over an entire zone for Krono.
    Servers_are_Down and Zrender like this.
  17. filthytlpplayer Elder

Personally, on the AoE PL I do blame Daybreak. The AoE PLers are meeting a community demand to bypass the leveling process. There is clearly enough demand to keep them in business. The leveling process in this game is mind-numbing, excruciating, and a huge waste of time in its current form. Daybreak could address this in numerous ways, for example adjusting per kill xp upward, adding more engaging leveling content/quests, adding solo experience pathways or eliminating the obstacles in finding groups, eliminating the hurdles associated with small scale boxing, etc, but they don't do this.

Instead, if the mechanic changes are meant to disincentivize PL behavior, they aim to force players into the grind it out leveling slog that frankly is outdated and responsible players don't have time for anymore. EQ TLP's are a race to max level and engaging in the raid scene for the majority of the players, xp rates and server design should embrace this reality, not force a playstyle that people clearly don't want.
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

Would have liked:

- All races/classes available from the get-go.
    - Mischief lewtz rules.
    - Gnomes, halflings, and dorfs 50% self-snared due to shorter legs.
    Lynada, Appren, wade_watts and 2 others like this.
  19. Tachyon Augur

have they said anything yet about the regular rules?
  20. Overcast451 Augur

Well they certainly did little to address the problem. I have to agree there. They ended up nerfing the Enchanter Color stuns - effectively killing off any possibility of doing a 'legit' AoE group with people. Used to do those in Chardok years ago. Get a solid group together and head down for some AoE goodness. No krono, no cash - just a group having fun. Was high reward but high risk too.

And yeah - more paths to XP are a thing that EQ really does need.I don't know why they seem so dead-set against quests giving respectable XP.

I am sure I will be chastised but I don't care.. this is many of the reasons I play WoW Classic currently. Yeah, I'm weak and all of that. Nevermind I played EQ since 2000 and really love the game. I have played multiple TLPs as well.. I can't even begin to think (or want to) about how much cash I have put into EQ over the years.

But in WoW - no one is dominating entire zones. Ever. Don't need to.

No one sells PLing in WoW that I know of. I'm sure there's a niche for some. I see gold seller mail and such, but never PLers. But you really don't need to there, there are so many avenues to leveling. Quests, dungeons, grinding if you wish.

But come whatever snide comments - I'm 51 years old. I have things to do, my life doesn't revolve around a single MMO. I want to 'enjoy' my gaming time. Not spend an hour getting to some place like Seb, only for it to be 100% dominated by PLers.

Then hell - with the PBAoE stun nerf they did to enchanters - I can't even put my own friggin' AoE group together, lol.