EverQuest Producer’s Letter April 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Insanoflex New Member

....and give us BL and zerkers at launch.
  2. Bickle New Member

I am in no way against power leveling, I often PL new toons I make, or friends or guildies toons, using higher level toons on my other accounts (I run 4 accounts on truebox TLPs). What I am against is the PLers who use 3rd party software like macaroni quest and similar on Truebox servers, and the use of these programs to run multiple characters on the same pc on on Truebox servers, period. I don't understand why DBG don't/won't enforce the truebox ruleset!
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Magneress like this.
  3. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

So in reality you would just like them to combat cheating, and stop messing with the game mechanics. Cheaters will always find away around any type of mechanic, but when you place mechanics in the game to combat cheating the casual player is the one who will be burnt.
  4. Magneress Augur

FTE does burn everyone a little bit. If done well it burns everyone fairly equally tho. And does a lot to level the playing field. It won't destroy the game tho. It's also not going to be a magic bullet.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You aren't the first to say that & you will not be the last & frankly you & all of the others are completely & utterly wrong.

On TLP Monks decimate both of them in DPS up until Level 90/100 so if anything they would actually be underpowered during the sub 65 expansions, they lack any real power from their later good spells & discs that would make them OP.

The only thing Zerker really has going for it pre-65 is the physical-check snare, otherwise they are nothing more than warrior level dps that can't tank.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. xeveq New Member

Deserves reiterating: 8 weeks in Classic is absurd. Every TLP guild I've had starts out with a massive head count, but towards the end of Classic significant portions of the roster have either vanished or been replaced with new faces. Lots of people just log on twice a week for raids until they eventually disappear altogether - and this repeats for Kunark and Velious. Apart from the first month scramble, there's just not much to do in Classic.

Why the heck can't a TLP just start in Kunark or Velious? Classic leveling is atrocious, funneling people into the same overcrowded zones that we've used every TLP for over a decade now. Kunark and Velious (Luclin too, for that matter) have some wonderful leveling zones that are almost never used outside of the small handful of people leveling up alts and boxes.

If encounter locking is supposed to combat Classic-era toxicity then why not just start in Kunark/Velious where people can spread out and potentially avoid pissing matches? You could even lock raid zones or despawn bosses if you're concerned about invalidating earlier expansion content/gear.

Outside of Selos, which started in Luclin but was accompanied by absurdly fast 1 month unlocks, starting in something other than Classic hasn't been tried yet.
    Barton, Laronk, KobalWR and 1 other person like this.
  7. Magneress Augur

My zerker was meh on vaniki and ppl with rogues in their groups smoked her. That would have been improved some by having the zerker epic tho.

Tbh. By pop. They are fine. I could see them doing well in luclin. They don't have much going for them aside from snare and some decent thrown axes prior to Luclin. In kunark. Even the head stun and snares are limited by a small endurance pool designed around gear with hundreds of bonuses. Not ten STA and 30 hp.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

TLP Monks are like that because of the revamp to the HtH skill specifically dealing with the unarmed dmg/delay. In the early game, basically until PoP or maybe late SoL, monks are better off with bare fists than a weapon. This was done pre-defiant gear and official TLP servers were even an inkling of an idea of really happening. All the other classes at lower levels were doing far more DPS because of changes to the gear and skills that they had, but monks were lacking in these things so they revamped bare fist ratio and tied it to the skill. In turn when the Progression servers came along they were not going to reverse the change they made, but instead did other things to nerf to Monk's HtH on TLP down to what it is on TLP servers now. The change as it was reversed most of the reason for the initial revamp. Put simply, they could not nerf the TLP Monk any further without having an unacceptable effect on the live server Monk of the same level ranges.

Now, today they might be able to do something more specific to just TLP server, but it rarely comes up.

But getting back to the point, TLP Monks are like that because Monk's HtH bare fist ratio is balanced at an expansion that came well after even the berserker was introduced.
  9. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I feel ya buddy. I have been asking for Kunark start since Aradune release. I just don't think no matter what the ruleset is, me and my friends can't do classic again for 2 months. My nostalgia for Lguk has turned into hatred. I want to level in a zone I haven't leveled in for 6 years straight. Starting later when Kunark releases isn't the answer either. Its different. It sucks. The launch excitement is gone by then. Give us a Kunark or Velious release. But they want those Iksar race change potion money they get every year.
    xeveq likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

How old is this game? They should be focused primarily on fan service at this point, not what make life as miserable as possible.

FTE doesn't stop PLing, just makes it take a bit longer. Meanwhile, they've just introduced something that's highly exploitable, and they'll use that for further combat restrictions.

Everquest doesn't need FTE to survive.
    Kuldiin likes this.
  11. D4 it is FTE is the real EQ killer

Holy crap. So did you read the 1000 posts explaining how this will be abused and thought nah, the community that has played the game for 24 years and overwhelmingly agrees this will be terrible is out of touch?
  12. D4 it is FTE is the real EQ killer

Exactly. 24 years old and THRIVING. Let’s change core game mechanics to appease children who grew up on games that spoon feed you everything.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Pro Forum Quest tip (since you seem to be trying to pad your post count):
    People can create free forum accounts and 'flood the zone'.

The forum community is distinct and separate from the community of people that actually play the game. And does not represent the actual community who pay money to the business.

There's plenty of crossover, but you always have to examine the poster and the post. We're watching you. You ain't one of us yet D4ITIS, you can run right along to D4 any time.
    Magneress, Zrender, Komodon and 2 others like this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Who gives a poop, his post are correct. This game survived almost 2.5 decades without FTE. It doesn't need it now, EQ is not going to sunset because it doesn't have FTE.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Totally agree on FTE.

Just trying to slow the roll on a newb, trying to claim the 'forum blow up' is all individual people who never posted before, but immediately freaked out about this.

Judge each post and the poster.

If you read everything, like I do. You'll see me agreeing with you. And if you're looking closely you'll see a bunch of new members came out of the woodwork over this.

Some may be genuine. 'D4 it is' is blindly attacking posts. You don't need to do that to make a point.
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

EQ is not going to sunset because one TLP server has FTE.

EQ is not going to sunset even if FTE was brought to all other Live and TLP servers.

Yes, a few players won't play on that TLP. Possibly a few would leave EQ altogether. There might be other players who start playing or who return. Some Live players might even join the TLP.

Your pronouncements both about FTE and the game are your opinion only.
  17. Tappin Augur

I'm sure lots of people reroll chat accounts. I try to stick to one - not really into policing it though.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. HuggyBear Journeyman

Good mentality but I end up making new accounts for the TLPs I play on. Reason being I can buy the current bags plus the ones that come out with the new server. So I can have 4 40 slot bags instead of just 2 if I stick with my current account. I know I am "that" person to some people who think bags are p2w.
  19. brickz Augur

3 business days and no update. The longer you take the worse off the server is going to be. A lot of people will only check the initial announcement and never check back for any updates. If you're going to do some damage control do it quickly please
  20. Excruciator_Test New Member

I agree that they need to get it out as soon as possible, but as soon as possible to me is the time it takes to think things through thoroughly. If they get it out before that, it will be rushed. Rushed things suck and are lame compared to something well thought out.
    Skuz likes this.