Illusions from item effects work differently?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

Is there any reason why the erudite illusion from the Mask of Obtenebration wouldn't work to raise my human bard of Veeshan's faction with various factions in Erudin? In particular, I was trying to go from indifferent to high amiable, at least, with the Peace Keepers there. Yes, I've made sure that he isn't invisible, sneaking, or anything of that sort, but the Mask illusion isn't working towards raising his factions there. I'll check to see if it works properly or not within Paineel next.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

Faction is the sum of a few factors including the PC race, class, deity, faction modifiers, and faction hits from quests and killing NPCs. Not all illusions do grant faction modifiers. You have to kill many kobolds in The Warrens to raise the erudite factions.
  3. Agrippa Augur

*nods* Thank you for the quick reply. I'm somewhat familiar with how factions work, but the illusion from the Mask not bumping my bard's faction up a single rank is rather puzzling to me. From everything that I've read (and experienced with my dwarf paladin), racial illusions of appropriate race should work towards raising quite a few of the older factions. Unfortunately for my bard, though, the Peace Keepers is one faction that cannot be raised by killing anything or from any simple quests at that level.
  4. Agrippa Augur

Disregard, please. I had forgotten all about the "newer" Faction Standing window. The illusion is working to raise faction, but, for my bard, it's only raising his faction by 50 points. Not enough to change from indifferent to amiable. Time to gather some heretic heads in Stonebrunt Mountains.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

Did you check your faction before and after doing the illusion applique in the faction window?

Oops. Replies came in while I was typing mine.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

You are singing the faction song?
  7. Riou EQResource

Yea, Erudites only gain 50 for Peace Keepers specifically

The other possible modifiers (Paladin, Quellious) you can't adjust like an Illusion of course
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

We need more headless heretics ;)
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

Miranda's Chocolate is a much better quest for the faction. You can kill brownies in DSH and LFay for it but you need foraging, >126 baking, and apprehensive Kejek Village faction for it.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Thank you for the replies. I overlooked the quest with the Marrs Cherries there. The heretics were pretty rare.

I'm unsure how the bard faction song works. It (and my charm songs) won't work on the NPCs in question. If I target myself using the alliance song, I get a message that I become friendly, but I don't actually become more friendly with anyone. To be clear, I've been unable to raise my faction with the Peace Keepers by a single point using my bard alliance song.
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

If an npc resists the alliance song then you keep trying until you find one the song lands on that is on that faction. You do have to target them with the song though. It generates no aggro.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sounds like something which should be a Spongebob song.

He already has a CAMPFIRE song ;)
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The key is being able to sing it on someone of the same faction as the one you want to raise. Sometimes finding someone it has an effect on can be a challenge.