Cloak of Selenelion - difficulty levels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alena, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Alena Elder

I can be wrong but If I understood right then the Evolution of this cloak is

Challenger first
    Hunter next

I want to bring into conscious mind that the Challenger is something which is terrible hard to do for groupers. Without a raid tank or an extremely well geared and versatile group it is much more difficult to make e.g. mean street with all Challenger Achievements than Hunter Achievement.

From gaming logic and experience with the Rallos Zek Earring it does make more sense to have Hunter before Challenger and at least it would give non-raiders a chance to at least reach the Hunter stage.

A thought worth thinking though....
    Tegila, Metanis, dreadlord and 7 others like this.
  2. Windance Augur

I wouldn't call this a bug, but ...

I tend to agree that hunters is easier.

Hopefully as more people do the challenger cheese you'll be able to find folks willing to task add you.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

well they messed up the 1st two ach
    Stage 1 (Lucent) to Stage 2 (Vivid) = Champion achievement (all quests done + factioning)
    Stage 2 (Vivid) to Stage 3 (Dulled) = Paragon achievement (all group missions completed)

these need to be switched really = that champion has the max tasks for faction.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Going to respectfully disagree here.

Except for the big shroom task at the end (just because of the number of mobs and fast respawn), there's nothing really challenging in Champion, except for the sheer number of quests. Any group should be able to eventually get through it all. (Since they didn't change the fact that the spirit mission can be farmed for the faction, it's really not that hard to get the 3 faction achievements... usually only 3 missions needed to get enough squiggles for one character).

I'm not sure you can say the same about all the missions. Although I haven't tried them all yet. Primarily because I was working on Champion first...

It feels wrong to have challenger as an unlock step as it makes the mission achievements over valuable. The earring was nicely done - Explorer, Mercenary, Partisans, Paragon, Scavenger, Hunter, Raids ... and that's what should have been followed here.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's almost like the devs completely forget what they did in a previous expansion and have to start from scratch every time. They have 20+ years of expansion experience to draw from (with regards to what woks and what doesn't), yet start at square one every new expansion.

I don't understand how that happens.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Having Champion as the first unlock is a specifically daunting task, based on how much progression that is and how terrible some of these partisan tasks are to do (and buggy, at that).

And why there was no collectible requirement baffles me a bit.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

I am moving this thread to the Veteran's Lounge as this is feedback and not a bug.
  8. Szilent Augur

Hunter is a very long project, appropriately placed at the end of group evolver progression since getting Hunter necessarily entails getting a lot of evo exp.

Making Champion, i.e. mercenary plus partisan, just one unlock, and the *first* unlock, is more questionable to me.

It would be good if evolvers described the next step in their progress on their Lore tab
    Silvena, Kaenneth and Annastasya like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Said this in another thread and will say it again.

They need to change evolves from a linear progression to an objective count.

Paragon, champion, collector, vanquisher, etc.

You need any 1 to evolve once.
    Any 2 to level 3.
    Any 3 to level 4.
    Any 4 to get to level 5.
    Any 6 to get to level 6
    and all 8 to get to level 7.

Not only does this fit the open world, non-linear model better, but by making it so you can get to Level 6 without raiding, it lets group players get 1 level higher, while allowing raiders another path to rank 6 but still requiring the same amount to get to rank 7.
    Waring_McMarrin, Tegila, Rexa and 8 others like this.
  10. FYAD Augur

Hunter takes way longer from a time component. I'd rather hunter be later in the chain so that I'm not stuck on that step and wasting kill xp trying to get rares to spawn. Challenger can be done in a couple hours outside of a few achievements that are mutually exclusive and require a second run through after the lockout. I get that challenger is, well, challenging, but you don't need raid gear. You do need a well balanced group that might mean you have to go looking for certain classes to round out your group with people who know how to play. But once you figure out the correct strategy, all of the challenger achievements can be had without ever needing to raid.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Crowd 1: Not enough content!
    Crowd 2: Content too hard!
    Crowd 3: Content too easy!
    Crowd 4: Too much content!
    Crowd 5: Content!
    Yukaan the Bear likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was thinking, you can get Hunter and Mission just sitting in the guild lobby.

Putting progression first makes it for real players.
    Tegila likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Not sure anyone in this thread has said it's too difficult. I believe the complaint is that it is too linear. People are driven to do it it in an order that has been chosen for them, and they would rather do things in an order that works better for the way they want to play. The difference between "Crowd 2" and "Crowd" 5 in this conversation is simply a difference between the order being the way one plays and the way another does not.
  14. kizant Augur

I like hunters being later in the list because I never wanted to do hunters.
    Fian and Belexes like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In what way does that make conflicting opinions of value? The point here is the topic revolves around context and the disconnect people seem to have with the fact they're complaining in many differing directions.

Without consensus, there can be no victory.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is after the Raid requirement.
    I would actually say that most of the people say that the order is arbitrary rather than linear. The order is scattershot, and makes no sense. The order should go from the easiest to complete to the most difficult to complete. Or even better would be what Vumad suggested, remove the specific requirements all together and just require that you have so many of them completed to unlock each step. It is entirely possible that someone could complete all of the later steps and but still be missing some of the merc or partisan quests or faction, or certain named just won't spawn for them.
    You can be a real player, and actively play, but not get groups or be able to do the merc or partisan tasks without a group. And the further out from launch you get the harder it is to get those tasks done becomes.
    Vumad and Metanis like this.
  17. Knifen Augur

And why there was no collectible requirement baffles me a bit.

erm? Not saying you're wrong but where did that info come from? There is only one evolve left after Conq is done, was under the impression it was Vanquisher. Im fine either way as everything but Vanq is done. Just curious.
    Fenthen, Tegila, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly I cannot remember as it has been a little while since I read it. I just clearly remember it as the raid stuff came before it. Do we know definitively how many tiers of it there are? I mean it could be that whoever I heard it from was expecting there to be an additional rank after the second of the raid ones. It's been weeks, so I have no clue as to where I would have read it.
  19. Knifen Augur

Ill watch out for it. Im at aged Nebulas now with collects done and it wont let me evolve. So its either not used or used in conj with Vanquisher, or like you mentioned maybe there is a step after but I think the cape is all black after Vanq upgrade so not sure.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

Pretty sure this is like TBL was requiring all achievements to be done.