Test Update 03/21/2023 - New UI Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Drakah UI Designer

The only folder that the uiresources is utilizing for any modifications is the "Default" folder, as any custom folder seems to be ignored when creating anything custom in it.
    Emilari likes this.
  2. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I finally had the chance to log into test and look at the new windows. The blurry text is problematic when increasing the UI scale size. It almost feels like a motion blur effect, and messes with vision. It attributes to digital eye strain. I am on a 32 inch monitor and set ui scale to 1.5. I know there were a few posts made about this last month, but I hope it gets fixed.

As far as the snapping windows. It's fairly subtle. I couldn't really tell until i increase ui scale to notice a difference with the help of someone pointing it out to me.
  3. VMK3 New Member

I just logged onto the test server for first time on the current UI upgrade test. I have a few characters there already, but I had also made a testcopy of a level 110 character just before going to the test server. I used a level 5 SK, which I made to test level 25.

The entire time the Inventory window is white and only shows the equipment and Inventory, no labels, buttons showing. I zoned, no change. I logged out, and did something for half hour or so and logged back on, still the same problem, no change. I logged back in and used the testcopy character, it also has a white inventory box, which only shows the equipment worn and in the bag slots, nothing else, no labels or buttons.

I then created a new character in the training zone, started with a white only inventory square just like the already made character and the testcopy character. From creation to moving into the training zone, white inventory box, no labels or buttons can be seen, only can see equipment worn and in the bag slots.

Also I just spotted that the tool bar at top of screen (default) is just a grey bar, not white like inventory, but only grey nothing can be seen, no icons, words, etc. I did double check this, it is on all the characters.

On desktop computer, good graphics card and monitor, under Windows 10.
    Elenderil and Phro like this.
  4. Drakah UI Designer

So odd that setting the scale to desired number, then logging out of game... then logging back into game, resets your scale back to 1 again. Shouldn't it keep the scale you set it to? o_O But yea... aside from that... global scale is an option, but PER window is a necessity for sure.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Layout Converter cannot make sense of custom EQUI.xml files. I have a custom EQUI.xml file that first points to the default EQUI.xml file in the default folder and then adds custom versions of the Animations and Templates folder, so that I don't have worry about changes being made to the default versions of any of those files:
    Code:
    <?xml version = "1.0"?>
    <!-- Monolithic Parameter File -->
    <!-- The composite section must come first and be followed by the schema -->
    <XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
        <Composite>
        <Include>../default/EQUI.xml</Include>
        <Include>EQUI_Animations_Custom.xml</Include>
        <Include>EQUI_Templates_Custom.xml</Include>
        </Composite>
        <Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/>
    </XML>
    When looking at the default in the converter, you see a list of all the various UI files and a green button on the right to convert them (I assume), but when I choose my custom UI in the dropdown menu nothing is listed. The more involved UIs are going to have similar files like these, and they are going to need to be converted as well.
    That Really don't want to have to have to needlessly duplicate that many files just to make the converter work. They had removed the need for that in the Suite decades ago. I hope that it doesn't take them long to address this signficant flaw.

They shouldn't have started switching any windows over on Live until they actually had the converter working for 99% of work cases rather than 1% of them.
    Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that it only detects folders which have an EQUI.xml file in them. I am guessing that this is the case because it detects mine with my custom EQUI.xml file, even though it doesn't work right.
  6. Phro New Member

I'm experiencing the same symptoms. would be nice if DBG would post a status update if this is being addressed
    Elenderil likes this.
  7. Drakah UI Designer

I posted in Discord a little, but will post more here. I am diving more into trying to pretend I have to make each window by hand, being that the Layout Converter does not work not finding EQUI.xml, errors all over the place, blah blah (Suitable rule not found, File not contained in EQUI.xml, etc.)

Anyway, most of the custom UI's find innovative ways to display the windows and fighting with just "flex" boxes is now becoming a nightmare. What other ways are there? I was trying to do a CSS Grid Layout, using display: grid; grid-template-rows: grid-template-columns: gap: grid-row-start: grid-column-start: grid-row-end: grid-column-end:, none of which seem to be working at all. I am hoping you will be coming out with a UI Editor like you have for EQ2 we can use.

Aside from this, I am finding that the only "border style" that works is border-style: solid. Did you disable all the others? I can't seem to get anything else to work, such as
    border-style: dotted | dashed | double | groove | ridge | inset | outset | initial | inherit
    which would be useful when bordering the class="IW_CharacterView" box for the 3D effect. -- Which leads me to this new Bug. I tried to change the class="IW_CharacterView" style-border="true" to "false", the border still shows. Not only does it still show, the border also does not play nice. It does not stay within the Flex box of the area designated. Apparently this size is designated solely in the main.css and must be edited only there to change this dimention. Once I deleted the style-border="true" entirely, then the border was gone. You obviously shouldn't have to do that, so the "false" option is not working. You would think there would be a height/width element to the <eq-box>.
    Emilari likes this.
  8. mh272 Custom UI Updater

Hey Drakah, did they fix the issue with not being able to have a custom folder in uiresources?
    I have stopped trying to do anything until that is at least fixed.
  9. Drakah UI Designer

They have not fixed it. :rolleyes:
  10. mh272 Custom UI Updater

Of course. Thanks.
  11. Drakah UI Designer

Unable to center the text using the <eq-button> when there is an Icon associated with the text.

Example:
    Code:
                        <eq-button
                            dispatch="InventoryWindow"
                            style="margin-left: 1.5rem"
                            item="IW_FindItemButton"
                            class="BDT_FindItem font-2"
                            width="185"
                            height="20"
                            text="Find Item"
                            no-wrap
                        ></eq-button>
    Emilari likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

Is there any update on when/if there is going to be a new version of the layout converter that, you know, works ?
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Daedly Augur

Lately I have been having a problem with the faded level of my inventory window setting it to some kind of see through when I log in, despite me not making any changes and the faded/normal values still reading at 100.

Sometimes my inventory window will flip to the merc gear tab on its own. I can’t remember if it’s on login or randomly.

I have also been logging in with the AA window up, “can purchase” selected, and on the merc AA tab. I definitely didn’t log out with it that way.
  14. mh272 Custom UI Updater

The new layout converter program v1.0.0.1, hangs on "Generate screen html 100%". It does not complete.

It only outputs index.html, and the windows folder with the file you converted (StoryWnd, QuantityWnd etc). There
    is no main.css, img folder, or assets folder. Also, the output file and folder are dumped into the root of uiresources and not in their own folder. It was not like this with v1.0.0.0

Also, we still have to copy files into the uiresources\Default folder to see any changes that are made to any file.
  15. Mikana Augur

Still no fix for the blurry font?
    https://ibb.co/s6BRF1f

Please give us options to disable whatever antialiasing/smoothing is on the new UI.
    Please give us option to disable the window snapping.

Please fix the existing issues before converting any more windows.
    kizant likes this.
  16. Angahran Augur

I'm guessing that the windows that have been converted by DBG have all been converted manually since the 'LayoutConverter' appears incapable of actually 'converting' any 'layout' ?

Are there any plans to release an actual working version of this tool or is the plan to kill off custom UIs (or at least until people learn a completely new skill and figure out how to manually convert them to the "new and improved" engine) ?
    klanderso likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess it is still a work in progress as they have only converted a couple of windows so far and it won't be critical to getting it working until they get closer to converting all of the windows over.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

I know this is probably in this thread somewhere, but I am trying the LayoutConverter, and it keeps telling me I need .NET. .NET is already included with Windows11. What do I need to do to bypass this? Thanks.
  19. Nniki Augur

It's targeting and requiring the .NET 5 runtime specifically. You likely only have a version of the .NET Framework installed, which has been replaced with the cross-platform .NET (formerly called .NET Core). You can install the .NET Desktop Runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/5.0.
  20. Bernel Augur

A couple of problems in my UI.

1. The horizontal window at the top of the screen which launches other windows isn't showing the icons. If I move my mouse over the bar, then the icons show up, but then they disappear again.

2. The inventory window is white on white and the window border is missing. I also see a flashing triangle in the middle of the window where the animated class icon is.

[IMG]
    Elenderil likes this.