Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How am I changing anything? I was never talking about the raid game and I simply stated that making items tradeable would not increase the amount of them in the game.
  2. Magneress Augur

That is a straw man. Removing the vp key pain point doesn't stop ppl from doing the content and enjoying it while it's still relevant. More ppl can enjoy it then. The VP key is a Lore quest and was a way of time gating players so they would stay subbed longer. It's no longer necessary from a time gating and power gating perspective. It doesn't make TLPs bad to take it away when the expansions fly by at lightening speed. It only matters when that expansion is current content for like a year, which in the old days it was current for a lot of people for many years. People do not play the game like this anymore. You'll be hard pressed to find a VP raid into Pop or OoW.

It wasn't even innitially designed for 99% of the population to do, which is what is happening now. Or at least people are trying to do.
    Zrender likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

What would that actually accomplish? One mob in one pick being locked down? When there are dozens of other picks? It would get the bard a nice suspension and accomplish basically nothing. You're hardly going to see some crazy wave of bards keeping mobs locked down at zone lines. This is really no different then an enchanter charming a named PH and keeping it locked down. You don't see massive crowds of chanters doing that now.

Trolls get bored fast, especially when folks just move to another pick and ignore them. This type of trolling will probably cause CS tickets at the start, but is much harder for folks to weaponize then training. It will reduce their overall CS ticket load. With nothing in it for the troll other than trolling they will move on.
    Zrender and Magneress like this.
  4. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Selling loot rights for a rotting item, vs picking up the item and selling it in EC. This basic fact alone means that there will exist more of the item if there is free trade, than if there is not. You are unable to grasp this basic, basic concept. You said supply is the same on a server with or without free trade. Simply and undeniably not true. I could log on at any point in the day and find someone selling a tradeable no drop item, not just being limited to someone who happens to be selling the loot right on a rotting corpse right that second. Good luck on the new server!
  5. Twizle Journeyman

Listen all ... we have fixed FTE by adding increased respawn timers , this has been discussed in official discord with dev tagging.
  6. Zapsos Augur

It wouldn't be too hard to find a safe spot without any roamers, and since mobs have to return to their spawn to reset it's not like they can 'train' them to me.
  7. Trident Elder

You manage to answer why it will not get removed in your very own post. Impressive.
  8. Kahna Augur

So you think there will be some mass of bards mezzing mobs in random corners of the world for hours on end just for funsies? Trolls love their trolling, but they also get bored quickly when they aren't really gaining anything from the act (unlike training now.) A few weeks of cracking down behavior and the trolls would go elsewhere. Even Fansy threw in the towel.
    Zrender likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I disagree on that point as the drops people are going to want are going to have someone around to loot it most of the time and it will not end up rotting.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The play nice policy would still apply and it prevents things like zone disruption which would include keeping a mob mezzed and players unable to interact with it.
  11. Trident Elder

And for zones that dont pop picks? Or have ridiculous thresholds to pop them? If enchanters attempt that now, you atleast have the chance to burn it or kite it away before charm lands again or even charm it yourself and move it elsewhere to attempt a kill.

People will be completely sol here. Blows my mind how much people underestimate the griefing creativity people possess in this game when it comes to these scenarios.

If the answer to fight these situations is to get 70 guildies to come spawn you a pick (that you still may lose permenantly), then it's a horrible mechanic.
  12. Trident Elder

Zone disruption? Like when a group of players pull an entire zone and then proceed to slowly kill them over and over? Who then get reported and cs does nothing about? I cant imagine why we would have no faith in them enforcing this...
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

FTE is not the only thing different. In EQ2 most buffs are your own group only. In EQ2 many mobs are grouped/linked, if you pull one, you pull them all. From launch, encounters were ranked as well as conned with some being tougher, intended for groups, while others were easier with fancier 'horns' on the mob name to denote that ranking.

But those are only just a some of the combat-related differences. There are a lot more non-combat related differences.

To make a declaration that FTE is why people play on EQ vs EQ2 is very inaccurate.
    Zrender likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We don't need to get into a discussion about how you feel the rules are enforced and I feel that these changes are meant to address some of the existing issues. Really there is a big difference between pulling things to kill them and doing things to prevent anyone, including yourself, from killing things.
    Zrender likes this.
  15. Ratonga_in_EQ1_When? New Member

They actually aren't. There's a fluff statement, but no actual detail of the mechanics of this 'experiment'
  16. coltongrundy Augur

I'm not doing it for you. Go read the producer's letter.
  17. Zansobar Augur

Drops rot all the time due to being no drop. But Free Trade also reduces the demand since you don't have to have multiples of the same item for all your alts (for those that play multiple non-boxed alts). Free Trade increases the likelihood players will roll alts since it's easier to gear alts.
  18. Zansobar Augur

"Additionally, this server will be our first attempt at encounter locking. In short, once an NPC is engaged, it will be locked to that character, group, or raid. Characters not part of the lock cannot contribute damage. Spells from outside characters will not land on the NPC. If an actively locked NPC loses aggro for a short time period, the NPC will go home, reset, then unlock."

The only aspect of this that isn't 100% clear is what constitutes "engaged". Does that just mean when a mob aggros on a player? It seems to mean that because if the mobs are only tagged when you attack them (with a hostile act) then I would think they would use the word "attacked" instead of "engaged".

But regardless mobs that are engaged and chasing someone will do so without regard to anyone else outside their group and cannot be engaged (tagged) by anyone outside the puller's group until aggro is dropped, the NPC walks back to its start location, resets (heals to full hp), and only then is it unlocked such that another can tag (engage) the mob.
    Demetri likes this.
  19. Ratonga_in_EQ1_When? New Member

And letting a rogue/wiz/monk/sk/necro freely grief any group by invising/training+FDing and then tagging their mobs and encounter-locking them when they have been there for hours camping is grief-free how exactly? Not even that different from DPS racing, ecept you can't out-DPS some tool who tags in your camp because the encounter is locked to them - you can't even train them to teach them a lesson because the mobs are locked to you.
  20. Ruhi Augur

so rogues and wizards and monks and sks are good named soloers?

i never knew training people taught them lessons....

what camp are you talking about specifically?
    Zrender likes this.