Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Magneress Augur

I personally prefer gear scarcity once u get raid or BIS droppables it gets kinda too easy... and ruins the reasons to team up some (for most classes) again... so it is still a deteriment to the social aspect of EQ - lets face it tho this is 2023 who has time to be social tho lol or even learn to cooperate with ppl who arent ideal! (sarcasm slightly intended).

---TLDR the absolute best parts of classic thru luclin is b4 the servers become extremely top heavy and gear laden.

Also starting in Luclin, or LoY even doesn't seem like a bad idea to me either instead of re-hashing classic yet again. - in this way you could divide like 50% of the time between classic and SoF like between LDON/LoY and DoN/PoR then move into the later expacs on a better cadence, I then digress. --- I don't have my heart set on FTE either, I do think ppl need a foil for their silly beliefs and fantasies about it.
  2. Ruhi Augur

i dont see how they folks will have less.

fte gives power to 1 character that's not an sk. your post already shows you win with HT (when its up), meaning a non-sk has no chance.

there are already scenarios when folks show up for the dps race - you have no chance with zero repercussions. the scenario you describe is already in the game and happens to people.

even on a "not very popular" tlp coirnav - me and buddy both 3 boxing were camping ssra keys - a group from a certain guild showed up - said their guild was more important and they are now camping the keys - it was fine - we still won the dps race a few times, but guess what happened then? they formed a raid and brought another group - 100% could not win a dps race after that point - zero repercussions - so, my buddy and i - you know what we did? we moved on and did something else

most people aren't toxic - you will run into entitled people who will steal your spawns regardless of dps race or fte - if fte is easier or not - we'll find out.

auto cast macros with instant clicks - lots of classes have instant abilities or items that are instant (some don't). if the class you enjoy doesn't, then i can see why you have a bias. macros can be bound to movement keys and your 1-12 keys. if you're a clicker type of player, then idk.
    Demetri, Zrender and Magneress like this.
  3. Zansobar Augur

As has been pointed out before - in EQ mobs spawn into the world for a split second invisible which will give a tagging advantage to those that utilize illegal software in their automation (using AE tagging).
    Magneress likes this.
  4. Zapsos Augur

I wasn't gonna play on this server, but I may just have to roll a bard, find a desirable named /melody mez him and then go on a two week vacation to hawaii.
  5. Magneress Augur

They def need to address people cheating using software and instant clicks on this server. If they are going through with it. WoW has been designed around that and had it stomped out and they don't even use FTE anymore, everyone just gets credit/rolls on all drops (its fair and sane and would be ideal for eq too, if u damage the mob u get some chance at getting stuff and some exp).
    Zrender likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you will come back to a suspended account if not an outright ban. Just because they are adding a new system doesn't mean that they won't crack down on people who try to abuse it like that.
    Demetri, Zrender and Magneress like this.
  7. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Yes... So you said the supply is the same, but it is not. There will be more items in circulation than at any time before that since its no drop and not tradable. Basic stuff. FTE with free trade will at least make the flaws/issues of FTE a little less obvious
  8. WeCameWeConquered Elder

No. This is factually incorrect. The same number of people are trying to get the item as always. Anyone who's seen the market on Mischief vs other TLPs knows how far prices are driven down due to free trade. Many of the typical krono farmers left Mischief for this very reason, as it was much more profitable for them on other servers.
  9. Ruhi Augur

sure, cheaters are going to cheat - i remember seeing fd'd necros warping on top of any item dropped on the ground in swamp of no hope during kunark on agnaar attempting to get that vp key piece. - someone put it on youtube
    Magneress likes this.
  10. Hashire New Member

Its almost like there's a pop locked server to go at your own lazy pace already, huh weird odd and flabergasting
    Laronk and Ruhi like this.
  11. Magneress Augur

the best solution is remove the VP key entirely or the vp key pain point or make it optional fluff and lore.

People will have less incentive to cheat just to get their rend robes or whatever it is they so desperately desire from VP -- i remember on live never doing any of the big raid content because i couldn't be bothered to fight with other players for stuff like that and I didn't get raid gear until well into PoP.

One of the saddest things about TLP too is that all that hard work and effort legitimately getting into VP and getting your rend robe or cheating (bad!!!) is that that rend robe is also obsolete in a few weeks so... whyyyy lol idk why ppl behave the way they do. I seriously don't understand it. I guess that is one of the pros of playing on a modern live /current server really. If you can catch up and deal with all the abilities and spells. It makes sense again to put the work in.
  12. Trident Elder

It really is weird that people do the content that is available to them. Not sure why anyone would do any of the content on a tlp at all when all the gear will be useless 6 years later when it hits live. Silly players.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the supply will still be the same as the number of items that rot from group camps because of no drop isn't going to be that high.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not true as there will be players, alts, boxes who will be attempting to get an item if it is tradeable but will not bother if it isn't. The simple fact that they can go out to the marketplace and get it instead of having to wait for looting rights will increase demand for those items. Mischief prices are heavily influenced by the massively increased drop rates on the server.
  15. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Dude, no. Rotting gear from plane of hate/fear vs a mischief server where everything is scooped and sold at competing low prices in EC results in more items available for cheaper. End of story. You obviously did not play Mischief/Thornblade.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

Even if they did some how manage to stop all cheating on the server FTE still won't be the most fair solution to contested mobs since someone living on the East Coast will be at a disadvantage to someone living in the West Coast; due to server ping, and someone living in another country may as well completely forget about getting a contested mob in era. At least with DPS races they have a chance of winning a contested fight from time to time.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is much more Everquest content to think about then the short window of time when that gear would be desired. You can't just ignore the fact that Mischief and Thornblade have an increased drop rate which makes gear much more common when comparing it to other servers.
  18. Kahna Augur

So the group just lets the rest of the mobs in that room spawn on you once and you spend 2 weeks at your bind point.
  19. Trident Elder

And if the bard pulls the mob to the now, completely safe zone in?
  20. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Move that goalpost. You're not wrong, everyone else is
    Barraind and Rasper Helpdesk like this.