Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. UltrawideGameGuy New Member

The unforeseen issues that came up with Mischief were hilarious and sometimes had awful lasting effects on the server. It seemed very clear they had no idea how it was going to work with this decades-old legacy code and the results were unpredictable.

Oakwynd has some much deeper changes. I suggest popcorn for the show.
    Captain Video likes this.
  2. Montag Augur

I was looking forward to playing with my son now I’m thinking maybe we’ll just play some more vermintide 2 or something. nothing exciting about this at all and no one I’ve talked to likes it

how about in addition to this you also give use a luclin-locked server for the busy folks who just want a server to play at a lazy pace?
  3. Madae Elder

These rules suck, tbqh.
    And this is why. All the encounter locking is meant to do is cut down on the work GM's have to police, and they've always been bad at responding to what they had. It's just as easy to grief with this system as it is with any other system, and one-click classes are going to excel to a toxic level. If you don't have people to enforce rules, what's the point? All the other additions are just pointless fluff, which looks like they're just trying to find reasons to get people to stay and play even longer (and give more money) since now you get a bonus to level up even more alts. It's just watering down the uniqueness of each player and the class they decide to invest in.
  4. Lexx42 New Member

Personally, FTE doesn't matter, we can betatest a server. sure sure, fine.
    But, please make it two servers, one with free trade, so we can enjoy the testing?
    Aerodru likes this.
  5. Aerodru Apprentice

Having a random loot/free trade server, even if it's FTE, would make this a tad more bearable. As it stands, the FTE component that's been proposed sounds like a *terrible* idea.
    Barraind likes this.
  6. Lexx42 New Member

Meh, griefers will grief, in whatever the best-available-griefing method is...
    But anyways...
    I don't care about FTE, I don't care about Random Loot, just give me Free Trade.
  7. Magneress Augur

Big question? Does this next TLP have to be your server, perfect for you? Or ...

Can it be a different server or TLP someone else may like?

Which is permissible to you?
  8. Aerodru Apprentice

I think this is a little myopic and misses the point of all this feedback. It's not that folks want a server that's tailor-made or suited 100% to their individual needs. The proposed ruleset for Oakwynd is so far from what the vast majority of players want. Should we not be allowed to voice our criticism?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Criticism is okay but there are some who have gone way past that into attacks on the server. As they have said they are collecting the feedback and preparing a response we should give the ability to provide that response without all the hate.
    Rijacki, Aiona and Magneress like this.
  10. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Honestly, I think this proposed ruleset actually does appeal to a large portion of the community, we are just viewing a heavily biased point of view in the forums. I was asking pretty much everybody on Yelinak over the week if they are going to move over to Oakwynd, and the answer is predominantly yes. The ruleset certainly appeals to people with lives that just want a grief-free game that can't invest as much time as they once could.

I think of this forums like customer service - you wouldn't necessarily call/post on customer service if your needs were met. This is typically just the platform for players to whine and rage when their views weren't received. Overall, I think the majority is in favor of Oakwynd, with speculation/concern of certain things (FTE).
    Zrender, Rijacki and Magneress like this.
  11. Trident Elder

Why do you think this will stop griefing? All this does is make the level of entry to grief that much lower.

Also, LOL at this being well received. I've witnessed no forum, discord, or general chat that even remotely approaches a general consensus that this idea has merit.
    Barraind, Joules_Bianchi and Aerodru like this.
  12. Aerodru Apprentice

If you know a large portion of players who are in favor of this ruleset, by all means, encourage them to come here and voice their support. I'll be waiting patiently. Ha.
    YouDaGoob and Trident like this.
  13. Keilbasa New Member

I'll be moving from Yelinak to the new server. FTE really has no real issues with how I plan to play the game... Everyone's worries are so outlandish and accounts for unique and probably rare situations. I have been purposely/accidentally trained far many more times than I had to worry about a DPS race for a killsteal. I'll take the FTE.

- What if a bard takes all npcs and runs in circles... Who cares I'll go to another zone or log off.
    - What if someone tags the rare mob you are camping... Who cares. Most people would come and out DPS me if they really wanted in a non FTE ruleset.

However, I would like the ability to help other groups if they are in trouble.
  14. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Ive been vocal about being against FTE. I know that it really ruins my time when I get named mobs stolen from me, and this will allow any character to grab my nameds from time to time and lead them down an area that we've already cleared out. If there was free trade announced, I would shut the hell up and give it all a shot. I don't know how everything will pan out, but at least with free trade, the good things will outweigh the bad things (cheaper prices on items, etc).
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Cheaper prices on items would only be true if the server also had increased loot otherwise it will lead to higher prices as more people would be willing to buy the items but the supply is the same.
    Demetri and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  16. Magneress Augur

It's possible to lose mobs to cheaters or people who automate entire raids either way. you got a 50/50 shot tho with FTE if there is a fast ability/thrown item or something u can use **and** cheating gets patched**. So it's not a net loss, it's a solid gain for the solo player (or person who doesn't box, not that boxing is bad). Who will now be called the "solo griefer" but mehh, we call everyone we don't like bad things... best option is to communicate with other players and share the content and don't act like you own every mob in game for X kills until you get X loot X times. This is the enlightened approach and FTE isn't going to have a drastic effect on that! And not using the skill excuse (you're not good enough at the game to do X camp or able to box X toons so you are not worth of X content or whatever) as a gatekeeping method in 90% of content cuz lol this game isn't hard, the social aspect does seem to be for a small % tho !

I know this is a bit of a jittery post, just trying to stream of concious help here. I Feel like I can't say much more at this point.

I like the critisicsm and discussion of the FTE lots of valid points about ppl engaging mobs with evil programs! and automation etc... what I find triggery and bad is the sheer number of ppl who didnt even read any of the threads and just said "I hate FTE it ruins everything its so bad the world is going to explode this server is destined to fail NO ONE LIKES IT omgosh all caps.. we aren't quite there, you get the idea tho those are unhelpful and frankly untrue comments". That is just white noise, and I'm frankly surprised at how much of it there is!
    Zrender likes this.
  17. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

The supply is higher. If something is free trade, it can be sold at any time in any zone at another date. If its no drop, it can be looted or sold in a small window.
  18. Trident Elder

Except it won't be 50-50 for Johnny Casual. It actually will not even be remotely close to that.
  19. Magneress Augur

Even of someone brings 50 guys to an FTE fight you still have a good chance of tagging it first if bad software is smashed and the game is patched around said bad software to make it a roll of the dice whether you can target the mob first and engage with some buffer or something to fix the mobs not spawned in game yet bug of the old engine, there are easy ways to fix that. It makes it way less appatizing for someone to sit at a camp with 50 guys long after their due hoping to cash in on big R M T when there are 20 legitimate players competing too that they cannot just block thru dps or trains.

will there be times when you are the only one in zone and u lose a mob to this vs some other rando? Ya

they are increasing named spawn and item drop rates no? especially later down the road as expacs unlock? so that will also help some still - the best change would be personal loot off named x also a 100% garantee named will spawn on a 20 min or 17 min cycle or whatever. Works better than FTE. Can't RMT an item if the market is flooded with it. Zone disruption goes down.

There is a cool feature on one of the many classic servers out there called /list which would put an end to this as well where you could have everyone on the /list for a named have a random chance to get the loot with a slight bonus of being at the camp longer with the caveat of having been there and participated in the kill to get the roll, i like that option too and its a bit tweaked from what the other folks do. The reason you would let anyone on the list have a chance is so that no one could flood the list with alt accounts and basically block ppl at the bottom of the list. Yet you still fairly treat people at the top of the list by giving them some bonus priority.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is ignoring the fact that you now have many more players fighting for those same items including alts and boxes that might not normally be trying to get that item because it was no drop. While it is true that it is easier to get an item if it is tradable it also means that more people will be looking to get said item.
    YouDaGoob likes this.