Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Zrender Augur

I don't want free trade but I would like to see the other items in your list added or moved to sooner expansions in the "evolution". Just random loot would be ok, I guess, but I like someone else's idea of 1 roll for the items that normally drop from a named and then an additional roll for a drop that's random based on Mischief tables for that mob. I think that would be really fun. You'd still get a chance at the normal drop from that mob but also get a chance at something additional from the same tier. Would still solve the named drop monopolizing issue.
  2. Tranced Lorekeeper

I've sold a boatload of PL time in the last decade and I can tell you that there is definitely not an average of 100 people buying 10 hours of PL per day.....
  3. Trident Elder

Lmao... thank you for this. I was wondering if you typing it out would help you realize how outlandish that claim was, but doubling down on the delusion was the expected outcome.
    Braelvenae likes this.
  4. Tranced Lorekeeper

:)

If you take this dude's middle of the road numbers he's got people purchasing 5-10 million dollars worth of krono per year to pay for PL...
  5. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

Hey everyone, I just have to say I'm incredibly disappointed with the rules on this new server. As Sun Tzu once said, "All warfare is based on deception." And that's exactly what these rules feel like to me, a deception to lure players in only to restrict them from playing the game how they want to.

I mean, encounter locking? No free trade? What is this, a daycare center for carebears? And don't even get me started on the account lockouts for raids. It's like the devs want to penalize us for leveling alts on the same account.

Let's say I'm camping an item with my group, and we've been at it for hours. We finally get the mob to spawn, only for someone to come in and use encounter locking to steal the mob from us. All our hard work and time wasted, just like that, If only we could have a DPS race instead. If we were able to out-DPS the other group, this wouldn't have happened. But no, the rules have to be so restrictive that encounter locking becomes the go-to strategy for griefers and trolls.

Looks like the devs want us to embrace the ancient art of encounter locking instead of actually playing the game. Maybe they should just rename the game to Everlock instead of Everquest!
  6. coltongrundy Augur

this is the only real response so far: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-producer’s-letter-april-2023.289799/page-25#post-4211082
  7. Zrender Augur

Maybe you missed the "for new expansion drops" part. It's an estimate based on a small sample and the fact that every global channel is constantly spammed by afk AE PL sellers 24/7. Who knows what the real number is over a longer span. I have no doubt it's very significant cash. Feel free to go check out the deep on expansion release and throw out some of your own numbers. Actually, let's hear some numbers from either of you. How much cash will you be losing if this change sticks?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With everything they have said about the random loot servers and calling them such I think it is safe to say that is what Daybreak considers them and no a free trade server.
  9. Ratonga_in_EQ1_When? New Member

So, here are my questions:
    Will encounter lock work like it does in EQ2? i.e. FTE gets the tag, but outsiders can help(although there is an option in eq2 to turn this off)?
    With the changes to engage, and therefore loot, and the potential for griefing that can keep people from completing quests objectives, epic bottlenecks, etc - will Oakwynd be Free Trade?
  10. coltongrundy Augur

all of your questions are answered in the producer's letter.
  11. Crabman Augur

and FV is just a roleplaying server and free trade doesnt exist anywhere. got it. that little no trade tag that just happens to be missing is a bug on those specific servers.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

FV is still considered a RP server by Daybreak and Mischief/Thornblade are considered random loot servers but that does not mean they don't have other features such as free trade.
  13. 7arami Irritably sharp-tongued.

You know what they say about encounter locking, it's like trying to catch a Ranger in a forest - almost impossible! But on this server, encounter locking seems to be the new norm, making it feel like we're all just sitting ducks waiting to be locked out of our own encounters :D
  14. Crabman Augur

Saying that they consider it "not a free trade server" as you said is just wrong. oakwynd is an evolving ruleset server, saying that daybreak does not consider it an encounter locking server is wrong
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As they announced them by calling them random loot servers with free trade as a footnote and they continue to call them random loot servers I would say that is what is important to them in regards to those servers and not the free trade aspect.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Crabman Augur

oh right you know exactly what the devs think so theres no point in arguing with you. i remember now.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I know how the server was called in the announcement and how they refer to it when they talk about them on the forums
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Ignore-ance is bliss. The joy button is close at hand...
    Demetri and Crabman like this.
  19. Magneress Augur

On games built around FTE these things are much more common unless it's a cosmetic item or mount (which can take days and days and be really rare).. All "necessary" player power camps should just be a guaranteed 20-30 min everytime spawn at this point.
  20. Koshk Augur

Suggest we knock off the pedantic arguing about server labels, before it escalates and we accidentally get this thread locked. I for one, apologize for initially starting it. Those arguing know how this works by now. Some people will willingly die on their chosen hills. That's fine, let it go.
    Magneress likes this.