2023 TLP what could have been.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Warrior, Apr 9, 2023.

1. TLP Warrior New Member

Rather then complain about what has been announced. Instead I wanted to give a suggestion or 3 about what I believe could have been.

~~~Saryrn Server~~~ or ~~~Zebuxoruk Server~~~

-All raid level items (including CLASSIC) are now flagged as attunable. Once equipped they become No-Drop

-Encounter locks would happen when any mob health drops below 76%. When the mob health arrives at 75% whichever raid or group has done the majority of the damage thus far may continue to engage. All other raids or groups damage is now ignored and the mob cannot be targeted anymore by those locked out.

-Major Bosses in (Open World zones only) now drop 1-2 Temporal Essences. This item can be consumed by a player on 1 item to revert the No-Drop flag back to attunable. This enables most of the best loot in the game to have a free-trade like aspect but not nearly as insane as mischief is.

-Darkpaw also would offer this new item on the station cash store at approximately 1000 station cash each. This effectively monetizes EQ1 in a far more efficient and effective way that would not see 100s of alts running around wasting everyone time.

Items like epics, keys, backflag items etc.. certain things can never be made attunable.

AoE Stuns from Enchanters, and Damage Shields from Druids do not work on this server. This will prevent highly scalable power leveling techniques

Enemies now scale in power based on how many are on your extended target window starting at 5+(Raid Encounters do not use this mechanic). With every enemy beyond the 5th EACH enemy will now hit 10% harder. This effectively will punish any player from pulling large amounts of enemies and restore the originally intended functionality to many zones... ie The deep.

With all of this said, this ruleset would solve most of what people want from EverQuest 1. The following types of players would possibly benefit as such

The hard-core raiders can farm a lot as usual and hand down items to alts or sell extra loot to the players to earn plat or kronos without having to grief people as they will get Temporal Essences from the raids giving them greater flexibility on how to customize their gameplay experience

The Semi-Casual raiders will also get access but see them to a lesser extent. Many of these players will buy gear from the hard-core players and purchase kronos and temporal essences from Darkpaw in order to customize their gameplay experience

The Casual players will now have access to all of the most powerful items either from joining raids casually or by purchasing items from other players via krono and with pay to win. They are not infringed upon by hardcore or semi-casual raiders because there is no reason for them to be

Please don't be too harsh in your criticism as not everyone will be 100% happy but keep in mind this is just my opinion. Thanks and let me know!
    KobalWR, Raptorjesus5 and Appren like this.
  2. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

I honestly think this is a decent suggestion and seems to be a good foil to all the issues that arose from a ruleset like mischief. I do think that the reverting of items back to tradeable should be even more restricted than you placed here. Make it a guild level decision based on item scarcity, and have these mobs stop dropping the items the moment the next expansion comes out so that people cannot farm them out of era. OW mobs only last so long, make a half dozen drop from the end boss each week and call it a day.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

Actually a good idea on the TLP forum? why I never...oh, except for the power leveling part, you ruined it there :(
  4. Runes Augur

Some of the ideas are interesting, no to the druid and chanter nerf, that is just too harsh to want to suggest to a class badly just because of a handful of power levelers.
  5. Crabman Augur

Attunable is worse than no trade imo... helps krono farmers only and people who arent actually trying to gear their toons and no one else. If you change temporal to drop within aoc's and maybe I could be on board... I would just keep farming Naggy to be able to move gear after I used it or to an alt or whatever... Feels like a pain though and every time I did I would just be annoyed it wasnt free trade from the start.

Whats the rational for a 25% dps race vs 100% ?

Making stun not work does alot more than affect power leveling. A better fix would just be max targets stunned is 6 or 8 or something like that.

Then make DS scale with level of player receiving the buff regardless of what level of DS was cast...
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Attunable sucks. Free trade or normal no-trade items.
    Crabman likes this.
  7. TLP Warrior New Member

The 25% dps race still allows the players to have the thrill of racing to raid bosses and mobilizing fast to throw down against each other. Many players (myself included) really enjoy this aspect. The encounter locks if Darkpaw wishes to use this by it's initially suggested functionality is probably the worst idea ever at the current time. People will pull/tag lock encounters to grief each other without even being able to engage or kill the targets, this is a horrible idea...

It's true that the enchanter/druid nerf is far too heavy handed. If the extended target nerf was used this Stun Chain and DS power leveling would become far less useful and likely never used as it is today... to mass kill zones.

If raid items were attuneable then far less would be sold as Loot Rights and just picked up and placed in the tunnel/bazaar and this would provide more gear to the entire server population for not only mains but alts alike. This would create a far more entertaining play experience for everyone

Just my own opinion here. Appreciate the positivity!
  8. Falafel Lorekeeper

Disable DS completely? Come on...

I REALLY don't see the harm in speeding up 1-30 or so. Should twinking be outlawed too? can't equip anything other than what you've found till max level?
  9. hustlin New Member

I like the idea of making all no drop stuff attunable, but lets not go half way.

Also nerfing aoe stun and druid DS is silly and will never happen. Encs use the aoe stun every charm break. It would seriously cripple their class. Id much rather they keep the new FTE rules over nerfing the crap out of 2 classes.
  10. Kabouter New Member

Some nice suggestions in there, but probably difficult to implement some of the changes.

Big NO to nerfing DS and stun though, I think there are easier ways to prevent AoE leveling (like a max mob limit, stun limit that would really only affect AoE groups let's say 10+)

I don't get the hate for making no drop gear attuneable, I think this is the perfect solution. Better than having all the no drop gear rotting and it also gives casuals a chance to get raid gear like on mischief, but not as easy as on mischief.

I would go further and make all the keys/quest items tradeable as well, make keying easier and epics available for everyone.
  11. KobalWR Lorekeeper

Love it!
    You forgot to add Kunark available at launch tho :D
  12. Vlahkmaak Augur

You spelled Luclin wrong ;)
  13. Overcast451 Augur

Not sure I'll play another TLP without Free Trade to be honest. That was a lot of fun. It certainly simplified getting gear. Particularly for casual players. Once gear wasn't "current expansion" - it was cheap and plentiful in the Bazaar.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  14. WinterchillTLP New Member

If you had added Relaxed Truebox from the get-go,i'd be all for it - Still several things i would personally add like starting the game with Vanilla and Kunark enabled, for all those new fun places to level, Zerker and Beastlords enabled as well as all the QoL spells up until Luclin like the Paladins stun lines or Breeze.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Yelinak was a huge success last year, we could be seeing a Yelinak 2.0
  16. Typhus Elder

Umm, you must be trolling right? Because Yelinak has already failed.