What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Bows for Bards!
    Koshk and Rijacki like this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And not just for their hair! :p
  3. Thraine Augur

allow account to account transfers? :) i know i know!! .. its a very edgy request.
    Metanis, Koshk, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  4. Alarya Augur

I would spend so much money getting my alts organized! lol
    Koshk and Rijacki like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

They used to... but it was abused :(

I was trying to set up to do a transfer / account consolidation several years ago (both accts had to be subbed with same card for 30+ days) but life intervened and I missed the timing with another break from gaming. When I got back to gaming, they no longer offered transfers :(
    Alarya likes this.
  6. Alarya Augur

yeah, same actually =(
  7. FranktheBank Augur

By that, you mean the person who knew how to do them left.
  8. Braelvenae Lorekeeper

Lost to the times in the depths of the spaghetti code holding things together it will wait for someone, someday to find it
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And thus the horrors of uncommented code from the ill-conceived notion that not documenting or commenting on the code to make it usable later is somehow "job security".
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just wait until the one dev that knows how to do patches quits....
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its actually a comedy of errors.

They stopped supporting Windows XP in Feb 2016 and it broke the mechanics for transfers and then

They had switched off flat character storage

So they must have had someone doing them manually because after that time you could still do account transfers.

By June 2016 the players were getting errors and having to submit petitions to do the transfers. It was trickling down to 1 or 2 now and then

By August 2016 they were no longer offering transfers but they did not close the Help section or change the wording until 2017 and then it just said "Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. We hope to restore this service in 2018."

And here we are.
    Stymie and FranktheBank like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's like the Taco Bell green sauce debacle of 2016. The sauce maker quits and my favorite taco sauce vanishes. I may get over it someday, but it still hurts. I need a hug.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or when they brought back the enchrito last year but did not put black olives on it. I mean come on guys.........
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

Add a way to order food and other medicine that helps make the food taste better from within the game to be delivered to my house.
  15. Alarya Augur

/pizza lol
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Svann2 likes this.
  17. Turha New Member

Take 1:
    The drops available from content equal to your level has been better from SoD onward than in any previous era. Nothing felt more wasted than killing a tough named in BoT during planes of power and if it wasn't an ornate mold it was just alt gear.

It is nice having actual group gear progression instead of resorting to farming to buy leftover items from those who raid and have access to the higher tier zones.

Take 2:
    The variety of gear/stats is less important than the options for transmog. I doubt many would care whether a focus is on a different slot or not, but we'd rather customize the appearance of said gear without paying 30 bucks for heroes forge. Cookie cutter gear is fine, but cookie cutter appearances arent.
  18. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

This timeline is slightly off, as you could get account transfers done in 2017 during Kunark on Agnarr.

It was not long after that when transfers stopped though, I was in the last batch of characters to get a split there.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

There is some truth to this. I stopped playing during ToV and alot of NoS group named gear is still worst than T2 ToV raid gear. This is 3 expansions later and old raid gear is still better than group gear????
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only reference to Angarr transfers being allowed is for March of 2022, so not sure how you did it in 2017? Would like to see the announcement that it was allowed cause my google skills are really lacking on this one.

Besides transferring off TLP is not the same.