NoS raids Monks and Zerkers

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Yinla, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to get the best out of monks and zerkers in current raids.

All the class forums I know of are no longer in use.

2. Riou EQResource

You ask them Re-roll to Casters instead
    Ssdar, Skuz, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  3. Marton Augur

There were links to zerker and monks discords here somewhere.

Or what Riou said :).
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The links I've found so far are no longer working.
  5. kizant Augur

Skuz likes this.
  6. Tolzol Augur

minimind, Skuz and kizant like this.
  7. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    Hurrikane likes this.
  8. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

But who would be the goat MA?
  9. DaciksBB Augur

just have a necro MA and watch the raid descend into chaos
    minimind, Metanis, Quatreh and 3 others like this.
  10. Silvena *poke*

I like this plan.
  11. Goratoar Elder

MA is to lead around the melee peasants and for the big boy classes to know where the peasants are.
    Hurrikane and Astral64 like this.
  12. Hurrikane Journeyman

At this point you’re better off not rolling a Zerker or Monk. The casters are completely blowing them out of the water. A serious raid guild might not want either class at the moment.
  13. Szilent Augur

Smart raid guilds want both right now because *not* being flavor of the month means you get a free miss on players that just chase flavor of the month classes.
  14. Snazster Elder

We do all 9 raids in minimal time each week. We usually have 4 monks in the mix. We don’t really have any raid role other than dps which is unfortunate but that’s the nature of the game. Many of the raids in this expansion are not r great for parsing but on the ones that are I typically see a couple of necros at the top, then the top rogue or two, then the top ranger or two, top mage or two, then all four monks in a clump, then other classes. Could do better ADPS with more beasties, zerkers, and bards but you don’t raid with what you want, you raid with what you have. We don’t really get much opportunity to ever really shine anymore in raids but we are fairly dependable dps and relatively low maintenance, and our proportionate damage delivered goes up when fights go extra long, and suffers against mobs that make us break contact with targets a lot.

Long after the death of pulling, the class is still in need of something that would give it a real raid role
  15. Sokon Augur

For a few months my guild had 6 monks, recently down to 5. We had a couple with 50ish % RA but I was joining them recently while they already had 5, and since Triton is a top raid guild I was worried I'd get a no when inquiring to app. Couple that with being a transfer from Zek.

My experience in the past is the preferable number for most guilds is 3 monks, as guilds typically have 3 adps groups.
    Triton raids with 4 adps groups; shm, brd, beastlord, zerker. Although we only have a couple zerkers/beastlords atm.
    Rogues and rangers also can be put in those groups of course.
    That's definitely what will make you excel is if you have a group with those 4 classes, shm/brd being the most important but beastlord+zerker have some decent adps as well. And rog, ranger have a bit also, while Monks literally have only one ability that adds decent/marginal adps to a group.

So we are highly dependent on Adps and particular groups. We've never been in a good spot without one, and we've always been able to near top the parse in one, particularly if the raid event doesn't have undercon trash mobs we parse high. Always have.

That being said, as we are so adps dependent and add nearly none on the group ourselves, our dps should be a bit higher considering we basically need perfect groups to shine.
  16. Szilent Augur

Monks are no more dependent on adps than any other class, and do provide good melee adps via Synergy. The monk synergy favors berserkers & tanks, and completely misses rangers, but it's intrinsically more powerful than rogue & ranger ones that are more class-agnostic.

Everyone basically needs perfect groups to shine, that's how EverQuest works. ADPS is powerful in EverQuest. Performance being so heavily weighted to group interdependence is a different way than nearly all MMOs, but it is not some situation unique to any class in EverQuest.
  17. Sokon Augur

There's gotta be an appropriate meme for this somewhere!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Unfortunately, this is probably the real answer.
  19. minimind The Village Idiot

Here's your berserker intro:

1. Get contemporary armor.
    2. For type 7/8 augs: AC and hDEX.
    3. For type 5 augs, hDEX at least until you're at 100% melee crit rate (see calculator on Zerk discord). After 100% crit rate... explore. Plenty of debates around this.
    4. For weapon: The best ratio you can get your hands on. If everything is available to you, then make the berserker-only 2HS from NoS.
    5. Follow the burn cycle on the Zerk Discord.
    6. SPAM all (most) of the things. I think there's a list of abilities to set on a multi-bind in the Zerk discord as well.
    7. AAs: Get them. Don't worry about hemming and hawing about which to buy first in modern era unless you're having trouble surviving (dead zerks do no DPS). If that's the case, focus on defensives.

Seriously, zerks are not complicated. It's why I play one. Just doing the above will get you into 75%+ of max zerk potential. The rest has to do with timing, farming/using certain clickies, and knowing when/how to jump in and tank to save the day.

Final thoughts: I used to top the parses pretty consistently. Now I'm usually #5-10, but the raid overall has more DPS. That's more wins and more gear. We all win together.
    Skuz likes this.