Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The announcement for the servers that called them random loot servers? It was all about random loot with just a bullet point for the free trade aspect.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-mischief-progression-server-2021

From what I have seen the random loot solves a bunch of the issues with free trade and people being able to monopolize spawns and items.
  2. Lawyer Augur

Oakwynd is a ranger, so it's fitting that this server will be deathtouched.
  3. Crabman Augur

Oakwynd says "evolving ruleset progression server" yet here we are all talking about fte. same thing.

Edit: But also, I love that it was called random loot servers. so next they should make a free trade server, put random loot as bullet point 3 and boom, not a mischief clone at all
  4. Koshk Augur

Ahh, I see now. Of course, I'm sure you noted that the bullet point for "Free Trade: Enabled" is actually higher on the list versus "Random Loot: Enabled." Should we write that off as a clerical error on the part of the author? Because if not, I think there's some wiggle room to debate that Mischief is, in actual fact, the "Mangler EXP Progression" server.

You're so much fun, Waring. Easily more than half the reason I still login to read these forums.
  5. TheRealMuramx Elder

When you have 2 years worth of feedback and last year they pushed out to bad TLPs then this one that's not even in the realm of some of the terrible ideas that people pitched. That screams "We don't care what community thinks." The saying don't where you eat, comes to mind and that's exactly what they are doing. They tried to implement something on EQ2 awhile back and the community didn't bend at the knee over it and they ended up back-pedaling.

You want to keep bowing to them good for you. But as for me I don't want to see the servers close because DBG decided screw the community and what left of the population leaves.
  6. TheRealMuramx Elder

If you haven't noticed they have been importing things from EQ2 to EQ1 for a few expansions now.
    For example linking mobs to each other. Do it on a small scale like spiders in CC, makes it easy to implement later on serverwide down the road.
  7. Demetri Augur

Linked mobs in EQ1 work nothing like EQ2, it's clearly not the same code, lol.

Frankly, I wish they did, I love pulling 4+ mobs at a time for XP and the linked aggro in EQ2 makes that trivial.
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Obliteration Elder

Random loot creates many more issues, on the whole it's terrible vs traditional EverQuest rules.

Raiding groupable raid mobs for top end items is not fun, playing with more people is fun
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

You can't have it exactly the same because they are 2 different games but it gives the base to start with. On EQ 2 you hit a beetle let's say in a noob zone and you get 3. That are all next to each other no matter what you do you will always get those 2 or 3 or whatever because they are losing naked. The little spiders in CC do in fact work the exact same way.
  10. Obliteration Elder

Yelinak is literally a traditional EverQuest TLP, this is EverQuest right?

I haven't been confused and come onto a forum for a different game have I?

People who want triple random loot have Mischief, it's a non traditional server, unique and one of a kind, they likely want to leave it that way for a few more years then maybe do something similar again.

Until then they will try other ideas like Oakwynd
    Demetri likes this.
  11. Suffering New Member

I honestly like most of these rules. Target locking will be interesting as to how it plays out. People will still find ways to cheese encounters, train and grief, but what's new its EQ.

The one thing I would ask for and what make my return a 100% guarantee is free trade. Legacy characters is going to mean you are going to want to pass raid loot between your characters. Imagine trying to level your second and third or fourth squad with group gear in PoP. Free Trade is one of the best TLP rules and it would make this TLP the best TLP. Pleras, please, please consider it for this TLP. Thank you DBG
  12. TheRealMuramx Elder

You maybe on the wrong forums. Because nothing you tried to discuss quote whatever had anything to do with what I said. Do you want to try again?
  13. Chopsuey Augur

See you guys on Oakwynd in 2030 when all the perks are in game. Looks like Mischief is saved for another year. Praise Brad.
  14. Aiona Augur

I am not bowing to anyone, I am just playing the game and enjoying myself.

You want to deprive them of your wallet juice, you go right ahead tough guy, show 'em who's boss!

I'll be enjoying my time on the TLP while you stew.
    Demetri and Zrender like this.
  15. Demetri Augur

You talking the CC in Destiny of Velious or whatever it was called? Because no, those absolutely didn't have linked aggro like EQ2, they ASSISTED together, but they didn't share aggro.
  16. TheRealMuramx Elder

And you have doing that with the 10 other people that play it. I will enjoy staying where I am. And next year when you want to move to the next TLP and it's even worse make sure you pay your self on the back.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

Go to the small room just before you get to the city area. There is a large spider a golem guy and 3 little spiders at 120 they should be light blue. Split the little spiders and when you do come back and let me know. I will probably be dead by the time you give up...
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The announcement, news, and even how Daybreak calls it a random loot server and not a free trade server.

Higher on the list then being what the post was titled and how it was mentioned several times before they got down the bullet list of features?

That is a matter of opinion but that doesn't change the fact that the servers were designed for random loot which is what led them to enabling free trade.
  19. Crabman Augur

right. you didnt read what i said. i didnt dispute it. thats why i said they should change oakwynd to a free trade server that also happens to have random loot. then no one can call it a mischief clone
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I see no reason why they would make a new random loot server at this point which would only draw players from the existing ones or a free trade server with the drama of RMT camping all the important drops.