There is a lot of interest in a new free trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 5, 2023.

1. TheRealMuramx Elder

They are doing 1server this round because practically anything would perform better. They knew there would be backlash, they knew if they paired it with even a standard server Oakwynd would have a smaller population then Zek. They are testing things and need people to test on. It's only reasonable to have 1 server and tell people 'You don't like it then don't play, wait another year." They get more players this way.
  2. Crabman Augur

Its always an option dude. you can always buy your way to the top. thats true in everything. free trade just makes it more enjoyable along the way if thats what you choose to do.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  3. TheRealMuramx Elder

Not even close to the same.

Let's just be honest because you would look better and I'd respect you more even if we had differing opinions. The truth is you don't want to raid 3-4x a week then when that rare BiS item drops blow all your dkp beating someone else. Then watch someone else that plays on off hours or can only make 50% of the raids to buy a few Krono either from the market or for plat then trade for it the first week an expansion is open. You don't want someone that plays less then you to be equal to or better.
  4. Zapsos Augur

Even if people are selling raidloot (rare once you get past a certain point) Most raiders have lockouts so they can't buy it even if they wanted to.
  5. Crabman Augur

if you let a little loot lockout stop you you will never have the shiniest pixels come on now!
  6. Obliteration Elder

I mean Yelinak is a standard tlp for the most part, maybe EverQuest isn't the game your looking for
  7. Obliteration Elder

Free trade isn't horrible, but the actual regular ruleset is much better if given a choice
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are either a fan of free-trade allowing buying & selling raid loot ad-infinitum on the open market or you are not.

I am not.

I am not going to waste my time trying to convince otherwise the people who already made their minds up they want it, they made that choice already.

I am okay with group loot being free trade because anyone can do group content, it helps casuals who only need group gear anyway. Groupers do not need raid gear because they don't raid and if they decide they want to later on then they can get it conventionally anyway.

The minute you have free trade raid items you have undermined raiding & no, selling a raid item that is no-trade is not the same as free trade at all, free trade the buyer can sell it aftrerwards, the buyer of a no-drop item from a raid cannot. That is actually a huge difference.
    Free Trade raid items also devalues group content by making it too easy for group players by over-gearing it, you may be blind to the fact that you are making them weaker players by letting them overgear content, sure raiders over gear group content too but their gear is for tackling raids and they spend less time in group content anyway once they blast through progression its mostly done bar for aug farming.

Maybe one day all raid gear will scale down to group level in group content & nobody will have a way to overgear group content by wearing raid gear, something I would be in favor of, but until that day comes nobody should be getting raid gear unless they are raiders.