There is a lot of interest in a new free trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Zapsos Augur

It also enables pay to win and toxicity.

Personally I will never play on another free trade server, Mischief was not fun to me.
  2. Faydra Augur

Sorry to hear that, but I think Mischief's ruleset popularity speaks for itself in terms of the amount of people that enjoyed it.
    Kunfo likes this.
  3. Crabman Augur

absolutely true! free trade is the best for possible rule for tlps
    Kunfo and Faydra like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because they have listened to the player requests doesn't mean that they have to agree with them and use them. Also what reason do they have to release a new server that could easily damage and existing one that they are wanting to see how it will be doing when it reaches live?

From my perspective they want to see how the random loot servers will be doing as they get closer to live and releasing another server for players to jump to in order to repeat content doesn't seem to help that.
    Dachhan, Zapsos and code-zero like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And how about Brekt which was Free-Trade & Dead?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Disagree.

While I think Free-Trade / Random Loot for GROUP gear is cool I hate it for raid gear & will never support it for that reason.

Should they split the Free Trade so only group gear is then I will definitely be in favour of that.

Raid gear as Heirloom I could get behind & that would aid the Legacy Character concept.
    Ragnoruk, Zapsos and Captain Video like this.
  7. Zapsos Augur

Agree, Heirloom fine, whatever I don't do alts.

Free trade just rubs me the wrong way, I enjoy raiding or camping my gear rather than just buying it.
  8. TheRealMuramx Elder

I never understood this comment. Nothing stops you from earning you gear or raiding on a free Trade server. No one is forcing you to buy anything from anyone.
    Kunfo and Crabman like this.
  9. Ambee Elder

We don't "need" any TLP server, so not sure what your point is.
    Any new TLP isn't going to start before PoP, so not sure what your point is.
    Few TLP players have any desire to play to live, so not sure what your point is
    The very few people who don't like classic-PoP are obviously not the same people wanting a new mischief style server, so again not sure what your point is.

Your entire post is arguing against people that don't exist and you seem like you're just trolling at this point or arguing because you refuse to admit you're wrong
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  10. Ambee Elder

Why make things up? Mischief makes things more affordable to casual players and is actually far easier for them to gear up. Literally nothing about it is any more toxic than all the other TLPs.
  11. Zapsos Augur

This is a dumb argument - That would be the same as arguing that nothing prevents you from not playing later expansions so why do we need a new Mischief? just self-enforce 'classic only'

It's a question of not liking the playstyle the rules of the server dictates.
  12. Crabman Augur

Those are not remotely the same.
    There are like 20 guilds on mischief that use normal dkp rules to get items. No need to buy items at all. Therefore you playstyle is exactly the same whether the items are tradable or not. Free trade doesnt dictate you sitting in the tunnel or bazaar and buying things instead of raiding, but it allows you to do so if you wish.
    Free trade limits nothing that a no trade server has, and only adds to the things you can do and the ways you can play / gear your character.
  13. Zapsos Augur

If you don't want to play BazaarQuest to try and maximize your Krono Stash and buy BiS gear you are gimping yourself compared to those that do, if you are worse of than those that participate it's not really optional.

I like participating on a level playing field.
  14. Kunfo Augur

Putting Velious-PoP raid gear on a level 1 in-era was really, really fun. It's as simple as that really. (Or planar armor in classic)
  15. Dominate Augur

It is almost like free trade gives you ALL of the old methods of obtaining gear with a bunch of new ways to obtain the gear as well. Then, what happens is you get to chose which ones you personally want to do. Not only that, it is dynamic, because you can choose to choose what method EVERY TIME you go after another piece of gear. It hurts normal DKP raiders 0, and gives a whole section of the playerbase who play on weird times, or cannot commit to a hardcore raid schedule options to acquire their beloved pixels and have their fun.

Then it gives you a chance to get a Hiero cloak in a less contested camp instead of paying the 2-4kr (early prices) to the guy who is camping it in every pick for his day job. Sounds super casual friendly to me!
  16. Dominate Augur

So you can stand in PoK and have shinier pixels than the next dude? What are you competing with? Yourself? Seriously, people are just mad that they don't get to have an inflated sense of self because they have a Quarm item and the plebeians don't. I guess if you are sucking on the DPS meters I can get why you would be salty that XYZ guildie purchased 50 more attack than you did so he did 1% more dmg.

Also (and this is hilarious to me) how is Mischief not a level playing field? You have the same options as every single other person. In fact, NOT having free trade random loot narrows the playing field considerably to only people who fit certain criteria and can dedicate 2-3 nights a week to slaying pixel dragons.
  17. Zapsos Augur

I never said it wasn't but I don't want to play the game they are offering.

I don't want to play BazaarQuest, and I prefer to play on a server where it isn't an option so that I'm not forced to if I want to 'compete'

And I get that competition in EQ is pointless, but acquiring pixels is still a core feature of the game, and how that is done clearly has an impact of people's enjoyment.
  18. Dominate Augur

Ahh ok. At least you can articulate what you like. I am cool with that. I also like to have shinier pixels than other people do.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As long as you are playing in a decent guild you can gear up easily without buying anything in the bazaar. And you got the added option of selling your older gear or handing it down to alts.
    Crabman likes this.
  20. Crabman Augur

Well, there are people who sell raid loot on every server. Mangler, Aradune, Yelinak all had crews who sold raid gear. There are people, even if they are in top guilds, who will buy that raid gear to make sure they are absolutely top geared. You, choosing not to do that, are really just gimping yourself if you do not participate.