Trivial Loot Code for Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vekaras, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Can we consider ditching the TLC for Ornament sets? Off the top of my head, the Dark Elf set, Defiant set, the & Sol'Dal armor sets are not really acquirable anymore since you can't shroud down to a level that content is doable, and most mains are 120 (outside the TLC range)

There are a number of other sets that are extremely challenging to obtain since they require shroud shenanigans.
    Fenthen, Aanuvane, Iven and 9 others like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't you have the option of forming a raid to get around that? I know it isn't a good solution but it would at least let you get the items.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

TLC should not apply to ornaments.
    Fenthen, Aanuvane, Iven and 7 others like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This needs to be done x 100. But for different HF sets.

On my server Dark Elf is quite frequent in the baz if you want to pay that price.

Sol'Dal armor sets are not really a problem - very easy to get those and are a quest you do to make them - no raid involved and you can do it easier at level 120 than lower. This one is not really a TLC.

And not sure which you mean by "Defiant set" as those are also abundant.

BUT Beryl is so rare that I have not seen any drops in over a year. And only 1 item showed up in the baz. Even using alts I made just for the TLC to farm it but I still have not gotten any.

Another rare drop was increased during the charity bonus last year and I was able to get a few more of that item, so I know increasing the drop rate is doable.
    Fenthen, minimind and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Which begs a question. Why level restrict ornamental stuff in the first place ? Not expecting an answer on that really, but I am curious as to why precious dev. time was wasted on this.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Tried to farm a set of this by leveling a couple of characters only through the zones where it can drop. Got 1 piece that I wanted. Lots and lots and lots of cloth hats, but not much else.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is deep. :D

Good question really.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. Knifen Augur

Thought the Bixi ornaments fell under this problem too.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Probably because it got super annoying for players to constantly have their loot window filled with hero's forge they don't actually want and they asked for it.

Yes, it is annoying if there is something specific you want that isn't easily dropping for you, but I personally would rather see older HF sets added to the marketplace than have my loot window cluttered up with dozens of different sets of HF.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

minimind likes this.
  11. Monkeychunks Augur

minimind likes this.
  12. Monkeychunks Augur

They did not drop that often years ago either. Not to fill up loot windows or even bags.

Its not one particular or specific item dropping for me or you or anyone. Its the entire set of some of these. And not dropping for anyone. If they want to add them to marketplace that is fine. But at this point the Beryl specifically should be considered as no longer in the game. That is how rare those drop - about like the Figurines Collectors Chest Dolls

They did alter the bixie and another one about 3 years ago and we see a slight difference on those but still rare. Wither and Decay scraps have a terrible drop rate - like .0000000001

And yes, I think we all are quite aware of the tricks, tips, and how to go about trying to get these items.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

I tried that sol'dal armor set quest but couldn't get any of the items out of containers due to TLC. Opened close to 50 and didnt see a single one.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hasn't the advanced loot window added functionality for always drop fairly recently? With that change the "filling up the loot window" issue of unwanted ornaments should have been drastically alleviated.

Which would make removal of all TLC for ornaments a common-sense follow-up change.
    Knifen likes this.
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

What containers? This one is not TLC based at all.

First you get the quest from Embersmith Nicha,

Then you also buy "Ember Mining Pick" and a template (just under 1,200 platinum each) from Embersmith Nicha,

You need ores and to get that you go to the mines and kill "a laborer" mobs that drop the Ores

And then for the shards, you'll need to find objects called "Magmatic Stone - they are on track and then Right-click the Ember Mining Pick - also in the mines.

I think you might be thinking of a raid HF armor, not Sol'dal
  16. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

yup none of the Magmatic stones contained the necessary items
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It doesn't go into the advanced loot window. You have to manually loot the corpse. That does seem like a bug, but it does drop.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  18. TheRealMuramx Elder

The heritage crates I am ok with having "special limited time" ornamentations. But everything else should be released into the marketplace the same time that expansion is unlocked for free players.

And they need more weapon ornaments and to stop with the stupid fin on the plate helms.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You have to use the pick.

And it seems the shards are more frequent if you have the quest up.

If your on TLP then all bets are off
  20. Monkeychunks Augur

Its not TLC in this one because the Hero's Forge ornament is not what is dropping. You loot a shard to turn in to then make the HF armor.

TLC means that the mob must be dark blue or higher to every member of a group or an armor piece will not drop and in a hot zone of level 10 or higher. Armor piece means a chest, leg, arm etc item. It does not mean the item to make the chest, leg, arm etc.

As far as the Bixie stuff, yes that was supposedly upgraded in this patch:

Update Notes:
    January 16, 2019
    Increased the drop rate of Dark Elf and Bixie Hero's Forge Ornaments. Bixie Ornaments can now drop from the bixies in Bixie Warfront.