Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Unfortunately Oakwynd is about ego. It's about progress. It's about their vision of THEIR game.

No developer had any real ego invested in making sure Mangler had a 1/2 exp rate or whatever. They were trying, ineptly, to give players what they wanted.

The first to engage thing is clearly an entirely different case. Someone in DBG has an idea. A vision, if you will. Whether it's to even the playing field against multi-boxers, or whether it's to cripple PLing, this idea is that if they fundamentally change a number of core game mechanics, they can make the game more user friendly, more equitable, and more fun for everyone.

The fact that 90% of their player base is telling them this is misguided is unlikely to sway them. Because again, this is ego. It's their baby. Their idea. Their vision which they must force upon us whether we like it or not, for our own good. It's their first attempt guys! Not their last attempt! That was the plan anyways.

Maybe it really was a personal loot server that got scrapped last second once they saw the horrible reactions from EQ2 players. Could well be. The only thing we know for certain is that certain people who have all the say in how this game is developed see this as being the future. They know they can make it work. They know it will improve things once we get used to it.

I truly hope I'm wrong about all of the above, and someone with wisdom and just little bit of freaking common sense is able change whoever's mind it is that needs changing. I would love to be completely wrong. We'll see in the coming days, but I'd wager that all we get from the brain trust of DPG is 'clarifications' and 'reassurances' rather than apology and retraction. God help us all.
    Lawyer likes this.
  2. Pizzanomicon Augur

Oakwynd - officially the laziest/ most useless server ruleset yet. I now retract making fun of Vaniki's ruleset, because hey at least you could get a rat illusion.

Yelinak already exists and is reasonably healthy all things considered, why make another plain server ?
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

These changes have very little impact positive or negative when it comes to griefing. Most of the Phinny Clone rerollers hate large boxers and these changes cripple them. The majority of the people that reroll every year will like these changes.
    Demetri likes this.
  4. Loscropos New Member

You are 100% incorrect. I reroll every year and hate this.
    Most people who reroll every year want a free trade server or a Mischief clone.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  5. Kunfo Augur

+1. Not only will this be the first TLP cycle I don't roll, I won't be rolling again if they push FTE to other servers.
  6. Magician9001 Augur

Congrats my dude you're 1 dude of 10k that's complaining. Combined with the rest of the forums you're like 1% complaining. 99% of the people aren't complaining. That's a pretty popular idea. It's Rizlona vs Aradune all over again. According to the forums Rizlona was gonna be the highest population TLP ever and Aradune was gonna flop. You know why? because people that are upset are more vocal, people that aren't don't go "Hey i like this don't change it"
    Demetri, Aiona and Zrender like this.
  7. Tripps New Member

Another year another truebox server and one more year I won’t be giving my money to the game. Why is it so difficult to listen and give us an FV ruleset without truebox.
    Lawyer likes this.
  8. Loscropos New Member

Are you deluded? We are currently on page 66 of people’s comments who are unhappy with this ruleset.

So according to you there are thousands of people who love this ruleset. Yeah ok ‘my dude’.

Or should it be ‘ my delude’
  9. Tranced Lorekeeper

We must have been reading different forums. I distinctly remember the call for "two aradunes because who cares about mass boxers they can go play on live"
  10. Vindar Augur

Well according to a recent poll on Reddit, most are either neutral or willing to try it out. The ones who think it's horrible make up about 20% of current votes. Certainly doesn't fit with the narrative the loud mouths in here are trying to create.
    Demetri and Zrender like this.
  11. Kunfo Augur

LOL what kind of spin is that? I'm looking at the poll you're citing

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/12dkhqk/will_you_play_the_new_tlp_oakwynd/

1 - I love the idea and I can't wait! - 9.52%
    2 - I will give it a shot to see how it turns out. - 20.27%
    3 - I am on the fence, I might give it a shot if I get bored. - 27.03%
    4 - No way, I think they made a grave mistake! - 19.50%
    5 - If it is not a Mischief clone I will likely never try another TLP. - 23.66%

So 9.52% think its a good idea. Less than 30% plan to play. 43% say they never will play. Combined with the people who say they will only give it a shot if they "get" bored, thats over 70%. How's that for stats? By the way, pretty favorable poll design for Oakwynd by giving 2 neutral options.

And this is currently with Oakwynd as the only option people have to roll on this year for new TLP. Abysmal.
    Lawyer likes this.
  12. Vindar Augur

I find it rather amusing that you accuse me of trying to spin it, when that's exactly what you are doing by trying to combine neutral with the nos with the neutral votes. According to people like yourself, this poll should be 95% #4.
    Demetri, Zrender and Magician9001 like this.
  13. Ambee Elder

So by your logic every idea will always be massively popular because 99% of people never complain and are always happy.

No matter how much you try and pretend otherwise this is a terrible idea that will bomb hard
  14. Kunfo Augur

Ok I'll be as favorable as possible and call "I'm on the fence, I'll try it if I get bored" the "neutral" option, and "I will give it a shot to see how it turns out" a "favorable" option.

Looking as favorably as possible at the results for Oakwynd, thats still under 30% who plan to play, and 43% who are 100% "no"'s, on the only option people have to play TLP this year. These are people who play TLPs voting on this poll bud.

I would looooove to see them take out the "if I get bored" option and see where those votes go.
  15. Vindar Augur

The part I like the most is only 23% want a mischief clone.
    Demetri and Zrender like this.
  16. Kunfo Augur

You do realize that's above average out of 5 choices, and that the portion of people who would play on a Mischief clone is much higher than the portion of people who would only ever play on a Mischief clone, right?
  17. Ambee Elder

23% refusing to play anything other than a mischief clone doesn't mean only 23% want one. Maybe work on your reading comprehension.
    Lawyer and YouDaGoob like this.
  18. Vindar Augur

It's just great we won't be getting any Mischief clone, how delightful.
    Zrender likes this.
  19. Ambee Elder

Come on, Bro. That just means there's 6600 pages worth of people LOVING this
    Loscropos likes this.
  20. Magician9001 Augur

No i base what's popular off how many people end up playing on the server and how many people in the past played on similar servers. The forums are never a good indication of what players want. The reality is anything that has limited boxing has lead to healthier populations and i see zero reason as to why FTE will be any different.

It's again a small sample size. But your side is losing. People seem more upset about not getting Mischief clone they do about FTE.

That's
    30% for
    20% against
    27% undecided and
    23.5% that don't want anything besides Mischief 2.0.
    Demetri likes this.