Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. WeCameWeConquered Elder

I assuming this is just a poor attempt at humor. No trade drops have been sold since EQ introduced them. FTE will just move the sale to before the mob is even dead.
    Kunfo likes this.
  2. Demetri Augur

My assumption is that FTE will use the * system like exists for current locked mobs.

For those you must already be in the group before engage in order to loot in my experience, although I've not played around with them that much to determine the specifics.
    Zrender likes this.
  3. brickz Augur

a normal server is the same schedule with none of the perks so what point are you trying to make?
  4. Braelvenae Lorekeeper

Asterisk mobs do not drop loot until a set amount of time passes. Then they are free to engage and kill/take loot. No matter if you were in the group or not.

I'll be interesting to see how that works (asterisk mobs) with this FTE. So if you spawn an asterisk mob but I tag it and hold it until that window stops now I could kill it and take your quest progress like the good ole days before Asterisk existed.
  5. Heirauz Journeyman

For TLPs a lack of free trade makes you unable to experience every aspect of the expansion you're in, especially classic. You won't get all the stuff from PoSky, you likely won't get all of your SolRo gear, etc.

I like the changes to affect PLing and OOG camps, but a lack of free trade imo makes questing in a 20+ year old game, with limited time per expac, frustrating.

If people want to buy stuff, I don't care, doesn't really affect me, since most of the zones that have things that would be bought like that, are mostly in pick zones anyway.

Personally, if I could make a TLP server, it would be free trade, half lockout timers, more XP, more rares, more faction, etc. etc. Like I said, it's a 20 year old game I've been playing since I was a kid, it would be fun to have one TLP that's just bonkers.
  6. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

This server will be on the basic same timeline as Vaniki, which was dead in around 90-100 days. By dead it means that server population drops to "low" status. The bonus XP, and expansion perks mean absolutely nothing. They just needed something to add to the FTE beta test, so players would think they're getting a little extra since they're paying to beta test something for them.
  7. Demetri Augur

Assuming every single method works exactly like you THINK it does.

As I said elsewhere, there is a FTE type mechanic being implemented into Pantheon - except, it does it with a concept called "phasing" where other copies of the same stuff will spawn the same, just that you won't be able to interact with if you've got a timer from the previous. In that type of case, you could literally have multiple groups pulling the same camp into a forced rotation by the system, since it would respawn many times before the first killer would be "phased in" to engage it again.

With just the general concept and none of the specifics it's impossible to mesh out how it would function for anyone that wants to be realistic instead of kneejerk.

Like all of the theorycrafting about "well people can just throw stone and kite it forever to troll people" - "to engage" doesn't necessarily have to be at first point of damage, it might have a damage threshold to count, similar to DPS racing like exists now, but only mattering for the first few percent.

If-when we can get in depth details and/or a Beta to see it first hand, then there's a means to truly be critical of it. Otherwise WARINESS is sane, but not doomcrying.
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

Abjectly incorrect in my experience. Had to actually reform a raid due to someone breaking from it before finishing his loot on a *Renux Herkanor - and thankfully whatever memory the system includes did remember the raid that existed previous.

And they were able to loot it before the 15 min mark for corpse looting.

Perhaps it goes FFA on the corpse after the 15 min mark for * mobs, but never played around with letting the stuff sit there.
  9. Zrender Augur

I respect your opinion, it's certainly valid. Sometimes we get the TLP we want and sometimes we have to wait a bit. I've been there myself. I like Oakwynd, so do plenty of others, some folks don't like it because of FTE and some (probably the vast majority) don't like it because it's not free-trade, that's fine. All valid opinions. I primarily wanted a no PL and no free-trade server and any other parameter that would inch it closer to people needing to level their own char and get their own gear. I enjoyed my time on Mischief trying out all the top gear, enjoyed it right up until I didn't and now have no desire to play on a free-trade server again. Made piles of krono, though, I will always appreciate Mischief for that :)
    Lejaun likes this.
  10. Obliteration Elder

I love classic and think kunark is the worst xpac for a tlp, funny enough tho when I originally played EQ Old Sebilis was my fave dungeon now I just skip kunark altogether and restart in Velious on my lvl 50s.

I'm looking forward to this next tlp overall it will be some fun EQ
    Aiona and Zrender like this.
  11. Obliteration Elder

Many of us are looking forward to this next TLP, should be fun!
    Lejaun likes this.
  12. Wordor Journeyman

Red mischief as second server pls
  13. Vindar Augur

How about random loot but no drop and heirloom? Maybe a compromise that people can get behind?
    Aiona, Lejaun and Zrender like this.
  14. Zinkeh Augur

Heh, you sound like the shill posters in facebook ads.
  15. Loscropos New Member

Maybe 5% of all the comments on here have been positive about this ruleset.
    Does that count as 'many"
  16. Mashef Augur

Server is DOA. Good job Darkpaw. You completely ignored any real suggestion from your playerbase. No one plays long enough to experience any reasonable amount of modifiers. Classic start sucks. Waiting until like OOW for a reasonable amount of modifiers is trash.

Encounter locking is cool end the dramatic DPS racing. Actually encourages some open world content. This should just be defaulted to all servers at all time as on if you have the tech to do it. It is absolutely awesome that we can grief AOE PL groups and just engage mobs so they can't round up the whole zone. Unless of course you plan on suspending people for messing with AOE pl groups. Then your rule is pointless and it should only apply to MOTM mobs.

Good work very creative concept for OW raids. Now the first guild to engage a mob will get a fair shot without the 60 man wizard/necro/mage/monk team rolling in.

More people box then play alts. So the stupid exp bonus for alts is useless in this game.

Complete and utter flop. Worse then mangler/selos/corinav/yelinak/vaniki.

Seriously truebox at start again? Wake up. Your players don't want this anymore.

This is a disgustingly incompetent job on your part. Might be time to hang it up for good on this game. PM me fore details on how to do this proper.

Glad I can play D4 on June 1.
    KronoCatcher likes this.
  17. Trident Elder

I look forward to doing my part in ensuring this mechanic is 1 and done.
  18. Zinkeh Augur

Hehe agree with most of this but man....Mangler was just SO good for some reason. Had some of my best times in EQ so far on Mangler.
  19. Mashef Augur

I am referencing original mangler that was "hardcore" with all the dumb penalties and things they put on it. It was so bad at announcement they immediately fixed it.
    WeCameWeConquered and Zinkeh like this.
  20. Zinkeh Augur

Oh that's right! Totally forgot about that, lol. You're right though, another example of wtf were they thinking?