There is a lot of interest in a new free trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

One successful server using that ruleset does not mean all will be successful, after all was Thornblade as big a success? No, showing that success has a limitation on how many players do in fact want it, Mischief almost addressed that need completely.

Agnarr was a success to begin with, but the very small number of players asking for another locked era server show that too has a limited demographic.

Another Mischief rules server created after the current one reaches live has a great chance of being successful, but making a new one while that old one is still running makes that a much more risky proposition & also risks cannibalizing that older server's population badly.
    Zrender likes this.
  2. Kunfo Augur

Of course Thornblade wasn't "as big a success" as Mischief. It was released at the same time as the secondary server. Why would you even mention that?
  3. Zapsos Augur

I don't dispute that Mischief was popular, and that they should probably do another one at some point, but to claim that all servers should be free-trade because of it is asinine. Lots of players prefer regular loot rules, while Mischief may be one of the largest single servers all the free trade enthusiasts are concentrated there, there are still way more total players who play with and enjoy traditional loot rules.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

Exactly. Tiny example but my 5 person friend group is skipping this TLP entirely due to it being an awful idea and we've been together since mangler.
  5. Kunfo Augur

Are you sure about that? FV is far and away the most popular live server. It's not even close. And that's just with 3 servers out of the 20+ there are that have free trade.
  6. Zapsos Augur

You are making it sound like Mischief has a several magnitudes more players than other TLPs
    I know it's not an exact figure but currently there are 774 players in general chat(s) on Mischief compared to:
    182 on Agnarr (Pop Locked)
    325 on Mangler (currently in TDS)
    393 on Aradune (currently in SoD)
    348 on Yelinak (currently in LDoN)

So is it popular? Yes... Is it a *majority* of the TLP players? No.
    Zrender likes this.
  7. Kunfo Augur

When did I say it was the majority? It is 1 out of ~10 servers that mostly came before it with established server communities on them.

If the TLP servers were 50% free trade 50% not, I'd love to see the total numbers at that point.
  8. Zapsos Augur

You disputed my claim that 'way more people play on and enjoy traditional loot servers'

Regardless, more free-trade servers? Sure, at some point. Every new server free-trade... nah fam.
    Zrender likes this.
  9. Kunfo Augur

You quoted a post that put 50%-50% as a hypothetical, and replied with every server free trade nah? Are you reading the posts you are quoting?
  10. TheRealMuramx Elder

Didn't say I was relying on LFG, just that it was empty. No one is looking for groups because just like live they either box or have their set guild/friend group they play with everyday. Once you hit a point on the game the pug grouping is dead, and Mischief was there 6+ months ago.
  11. Vindar Augur

Like I said, I had no issue. Sounds like a you problem.
  12. Obliteration Elder

There is a lot of interest in the server as is, free trade/random craziness was a fun distraction, but now it's time for some Everquest
    Zrender likes this.
  13. Kunfo Augur

If its time for EQ, why are they releasing a server with an EQ2 ruleset?
  14. Zinkeh Augur

And..and that is..is what you're calling this new abomination? It's just Yelinak with extra steps. Yelinak was.............HORRIBLE.
  15. Zinkeh Augur

The weirdest thing is they had over a year to plan this and you go down the list of player requests like:
    Bst/Zerker on launch
    Random Loot
    Fast AA or AA's for certain classes earlier.
    Change in unlock times
    Halfling rangers, Gnome SK, etc at launch...
    on and on......and they're like nah, be a test server for Live and pay us for it.

Very strange logic.
    Skuz and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  16. AttilaTails New Member

Here is what I think. Someone in their dev team has venomously opposed free trade and after careful consideration, the only reason I can come up with is the fact that the free trade server's on live are constant, stable and that simply isn't what they want. If they launched a free trade server, similar to FV, they next TLP would be a failure. They don't want to create a server that people won't leave when the next TLP comes out. It isn't that they aren't listening to the player bae, it'd because the player base wants to nest and that is corporate suicide.
    Zinkeh likes this.
  17. Aiona Augur

100% agreed.
  18. Brazy Augur

Just make this new server Free-Trade or add a normal Free-Trade TLP alternative and the masses will be happy! Thanks Darkpaw. Please at least give us a little of what we've been asking for all year. People who are so opposed to Free-Trade can go play the new FTE server. Only people who will be so oppose to this are Mischief players.
  19. Mashef Augur

I think people are more support of things outside of classic start and randomizing group loot so you aren't forced into specific camps that are highly desired.

Free Trade is super nice though.
  20. Faydra Augur

Free Trade should be the new standard, it supports random acts of kindness in the community and enables you to help returning friends and guildies. That is reason enough for me.