Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Demetri Augur

Was thinking individual scale - I remember a giant blow up over DSK aug farming KSing...
  2. Vindar Augur

Wasn't small time at all. Websites like Playerauctions and similar have been around since 2000. I remember looking through all the listings myself, tons for platinum, accounts and other stuff.
  3. Vindar Augur

See you next year.
  4. Kunfo Augur

There wont be a next year of EQ for me if they implement FTE. Might as well play any modern MMO if that's what they want EQ to be.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

Huh, must have missed it. But I totally get you, a few isolated incidents are a great justification to fundamentally change how the game plays. I mean the game hasn't been out that long, we should expect wild changes to make sure some people aren't potentially mildly inconvenienced by Lets see, what have I seen in this thread.

People advertising PL services in optional chat channels.
    Potential trains.
    People playing in ways they dislike.
    People who play in ways they dislike, Killing mobs they want.
    People potentially KS-ing them.
    People using built in features to do things they don't like.

I'm rather unmoved by these reasons.
  6. Zansobar Augur

Not if i see you first.
  7. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I was on these forums when the Mischief ruleset was first announced. It had a lot of negative feedback, however, it also had a large group of happy players too.
  8. Vindar Augur

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    Magician9001 likes this.
  9. Crabman Augur

a lot of the negative feedback i remember was how the queues to get in were going to be so bad at launch since they only had one server, then they added thornblade after the fact
  10. Magician9001 Augur

The forums are notoriously wrong about everything. Only a few hundred people post on the forums and 10s of thousands play on TLPs early on. The forums are mostly made up of the most whiny 1% of the playerbase and act like a bunch of Chicken Littles at the announcement of any change in the norm while also constantly begging for change.
    Demetri, Lejaun and Aiona like this.
  11. Zinkeh Augur

The negative feed back was mostly krono kids angry they could not monopolize their usual wash rinse repeat content. The big botlords have a very specific routine from classic to early luclin and random loot completely disrupted this. This is also partially why people adored random loot because they had a chance to actually loot an item rather than hand a botmule in the tunnel a krono.
  12. Zinkeh Augur

Sure, sure...but any eq player with even the most CASUAL mindset and playstyle can see that this server in its current proposed launch state is a horrible, horrible idea.
  13. Nessirfiti Augur

I will say that, no matter how many times other proposed features receiving criticism is brought up, none of them have received the ferocity, volume and proportion of negative feedback this one has.

Honestly I think even the server that a particularly virulent anti-boxer brought up that would basically ban guilds and required people to group with random people got less derision than encounter locking is receiving.
  14. Crabman Augur

Hello pot, meet kettle...
    forums said that vaniki would be dead within a month... they sure were spot on there
  15. Arclyte Augur

server will be fine and fun

your giant sweeping assertions make no sense btw, why would a casual player not want more exp / rare spawns / loot?
    Demetri and Lejaun like this.
  16. Aiona Augur

Launch/classic is going to be chaos regardless, I'm down for whatever. Can't wait.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  17. coltongrundy Augur

Is this a late April Fool's joke?
    WeCameWeConquered and Kunfo like this.
  18. swarws New Member

Honestly, I don't mind the server ruleset, however there is nothing about the new server to make the gameplay feel fresh and interesting... the rotating bonuses are pointless and unnecessary.

I don't mind encounter locking depending on how it works, TBD. The extra exp for leveling alts? Sure doesn't hurt, obviously basically no one has alts on the same account so its not really a benefit.

I was just hoping for an actually experimental server. Vaniki was great, at least yall took a shot at something.

I would love to see a server with variable raid sizes so we don't have to fight roster bosses and can play with our friends. Add a stacking buff that increases players hp/mana/dps etc if there are less than the "intended" amount of players in the DZ/instance, or give the boss a debuff based on the player count.
  19. Noth New Member

Is this how you want to invest 7 years into a character? IMO this server was doomed at concept. I don't think Daybreak understood what the player base wanted. Instead we got what they thought was a good idea. Now they are committed to this server but what they missed is their player base will abandon it once the next TLP comes along.

YEAR 1
    Classic - Legacy Characters and Encounter Locking
    The Ruins of Kunark - Loot Modifier - 125%
    The Scars of Velious - Faction Modifier - 125%
    The Shadows of Luclin - AA EXP Modifier - 125%
    The Planes of Power - Coin Drop Modifier - 150%
    The Legacy of Ykesha - Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 85%(With PoP Release)
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath - Alternate Currency Modifier - 150%
    Gates of Discord - Tribute Donation Modifier - 200%

YEAR 2
    Omens of War - Rare Spawn Modifier - 200% - Relax Truebox to 3
    Dragons of Norrath - Faction Modifier - 200%
    Depths of Darkhollow - Evolving Item EXP Modifier - 150%
    Prophecy of Ro – Chance to Increase Skills Modifier (includes Tradeskills) - 200%

YEAR 3
    The Serpent's Spine - Loot Modifier - 200%
    The Buried Sea - Alternate Currency Modifier - 200% - Remove Truebox
    Secrets of Faydwer - Faction Modifier - 300%
    Seeds of Destruction - EXP Modifier - 125%

Year 4
    Underfoot - Tribute Use Reduction - 75%
    House of Thule - AA EXP Modifier - 150%
    Veil of Alaris - Alternate Currency Modifier - 250%
    Rain of Fear - Collection Spawn Time Modifier - 75%

Year 5
    Call of the Forsaken - Mercenary AA EXP Modifier - 200%
    The Darkened Sea - Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 70%
    The Broken Mirror - EXP Modifier - 150%
    Empires of Kunark - Rare Spawn Modifier - 300%

Year 6
    Ring of Scale - AA EXP Modifier - 175%
    The Burning Lands - Luck Modifier - 125%
    Torment of Velious - Evolving Item EXP Modifier - 200%
    Claws of Veeshan - AA EXP Modifier - 200%

Year 7
    Terror of Luclin - EXP Modifier - 200%
    Night of Shadows - Rare Spawn Modifier - 400%
    Unlock Schedule:
    • Eight weeks after launch: Ruins of Kunark
    • Eight weeks later: Scars of Velious
    • Eight weeks later: Shadows of Luclin
    • Eight weeks later: Planes of Power and Legacy of Ykesha
    • Twelve weeks later: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Four weeks later: Gates of Discord
    • At this point the schedule becomes consistent. Enjoy expansions for twelve weeks when a new level cap is unlocked, and eight weeks in expansions where the level cap stays the same.
  20. Braelvenae Lorekeeper

Even if I think this server is not great those aren't rotating bonus but they are permanent once each expansion is reached until a new one replaces a similar ones value. IE bonus loot 25% replaced by 50% later or what not.