EverQuest Producer’s Letter April 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

On EQ2, Yell breaks the encounter, it doesn't simply "unlock" it. When the encounter is broken, the mobs are not agressive and are invulnerable to damage or other methods of gaining agro as it wanders back to its spawn point. Once it is back to the spawn point (or within a certain range of it), the encounter becomes engagable again. How does that make Yell something for PL abuse? Same for any other way to break an encounter like zoning. Dropping agro with feign or "forget me" spells doesn't break the encounter immediately. The encounter will break when it has had no one on the agro table for a short amount of time and no one of the group (or character) that was on the agro table is nearby. If someone is nearby who was very recently on the agro table when the duration of the feign or forget mechanic is over, the encounter will re-engage. If no one is, then it will be invulnerable for the journey back to spawn point.
  2. Rygan11 Journeyman

Can someone enlighten me on how FTE isn’t going to be 50 people standing on a spawn point losing to people using 3rd party programs
  3. Aiona Augur

You seem to be focused only on the bonuses that apply during classic and Kunark, or pre-OoW?
    I am referring to the overall total bonuses this server will have by the time it reaches live, which is as follows:

AA EXP Modifier - 200%
    Alternate Currency Modifier - 250%
    Chance to Increase Skills Modifier (includes Tradeskills) - 200%
    Coin Drop Modifier - 150%
    Collection Spawn Time Modifier - 75%
    Evolving Item EXP Modifier - 200%
    EXP Modifier - 200%
    Faction Modifier - 300%
    Loot Modifier - 200%
    Lowered spawn timers on all NPCs - 70%
    Luck Modifier - 125%
    Mercenary AA EXP Modifier - 200%
    Rare Spawn Modifier - 400%
    Tribute Use Reduction - 75%

You said they don't add any flavor? That's 14 types of "flavor!" (and many of them double that of other servers)

You called these bonuses completely lackluster but they are not. And I couldn't give a rats tail if you or anyone "agrees" with me, the math speaks for itself.
    demilich likes this.
  4. Arvis New Member

This means 85% and 70% of their original spawn timers respectively. a 10 minute timer becomes 8.5 mins and then 7mins later on. Is my guess since the additive percentages are done the same the other direction.
    Aiona likes this.
  5. Aiona Augur

Oh! Yeah, I didn't even catch that while I was posting. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Arvis likes this.
  6. IksarWarrior New Member

can’t wait for 400% rare spawns in 4 years
  7. Kahna Augur

Well. Normal TLPs aren't 50 people standing on a spawn point losing DPS races. Why would this be 50 people standing on a spawn point trying to engage first?
    demilich likes this.
  8. Rygan11 Journeyman

Ok so 20 toons?
  9. Kahna Augur

Actually, this is what happens when you leash/deaggro an encounter on EQ2. /yelling also "breaks" the encounter, but anyone can attack and kill the mobs, who are still aggressively trying to kill whoever they were attacking before the /yell.

However, when killed, the broken encounter does not give exp or loot to anyone involved. Unless it leashed/murdered it's victim and is allowed to reset.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Kahna Augur

Outside of a handful of encounters that are toxic on every server and right now boil down to "bring more boxes" this just isn't a thing. At worst you will have two groups encroaching on each other's pulls get in a minor tizzy, or a group decides to plonk themselves down in someone else's camp and take it over. Happens on servers now and DPS wins, FTE winning instead is a minor difference. The end result is still the same, one group has to go somewhere else because another group forced them out.
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Having been in a guild on a non-PvP sever that solved multiple raid mob disputes by killing the leader of the other guild and forcefully evicting them from a zone for a few weeks in an agreement that they could just leave now, thanks, with a GM watching to make sure they all did leave now and not come back into the zone for a few weeks, I'm going to disagree with more or less all of that, and also the parts I didnt quote.
  12. Rygan11 Journeyman

What’s groups? I only need 1 toon to hold down a spawn. You don’t think the multi boxers won’t make 6 necros and just Ebolt
  13. D4 it is FTE is the real EQ killer

What you’re describing didn’t impact the game in other ways. PNP didn’t stop me from helping someone that over pulled for example.
  14. Kahna Augur

Again... how is that different from now? They already make 6 necros and Ebolt everything. Ebolt has a decently long cast time though and they prolly aren't going to win a lot of FTE races that way.

Do I think folks will try to take advantage of this? Sure, people are people. I don't think it is going to be the falling sky some folks seem to think it will. No real reason for it to be any worse than just boxing a group and overpowering some other group, which doesn't really happen that much, and happens less and less when you get out of classic/Kunark. By Velious it is basically a non-issue. I imagine it will be the same here, assuming peeps stop throwing a tantrums long enough to give it a try. They probably won't though so, whatever.

Heaven forbid they try something new.

I will be on Mischief still, so it's no skin off my nose either way.
    demilich likes this.
  15. Rygan11 Journeyman

16. Accendo Guest

Thank you for the immense amount of feedback regarding the proposed ruleset for Oakwynd. We are listening and having internal discussions about your comments and questions. We will be posting more information to address some of your feedback in the not-so-distant future.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

I encourage people to not even play on this server. They had thread after thread, post after post of what the community would like too see. Some good some bad. But this is like people asking for chocolate, vanilla, or even something a little different like sherbet and chocolate chip mint... But what did they unveil? Guacamole flavored with fish chunks, they couldn't even be bothered to offer a 2nd server.

The only way they are going to figure it out is if the community stops saying "well ok I will still play because it's there." When they start failing and losing money maybe then they will listen and maybe drug test and fire the person that came up with and approved this server.
    Ketchup4, Kunfo and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  18. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Don't let them bully you, Daybreak. They're all a bunch of rogue and wizard players, and everyone knows it.
  19. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Server needs free trade and pvp benefits
  20. Aikharos Journeyman

Though I am not big into forum talk, I have been playing since the creation of EQ. Didn't really like broken mirror so I tried a TLP. Liked it enough to play at least through Velious. HOWEVER, when MISCHIEF came out, I was literally the happiest I had been in over 20 years.

I don't understand the unwillingness to do rando loot/free trade again, but please consider the following. Adding these back into the game literally will help people's mental health. Many players i have known over the years use EQ as a treatment for depression, anxiety, and other things. For some, the first few months of a good TLP (like Mischief was), not only increases memberships, but also makes a difference in the lives of players.

Also, I just learned to start playing a druid, which was incredibly helpful in PL a couple of my other characters. Under the next ruleset, I assume that a druid can no longer pull a group of mobs for other people to hit? If that's the case, I can't see myself playing this time. I mean I like the general idea that once you have engaged a mob, no one can KS you, of course. But if that is going to ruin other elements that way more important, I don't understand the logic.

Please consider a few changes and listen to the majority here. If you guys are overloaded and need extra in game help, I would quickly volunteer, as would many others I'm sure. Here's Hoping!
    Yinla, Go Take A Nap, Guen and 4 others like this.