Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Crabman Augur

yes it will. 100%
  2. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

I love this idea. Taking over someones camp is no different than people KSing and griefing as it is now. This prevents so much bullcrud with Power Leveling. Please dont listen to the vocal minority. Half of the post i see are from the same 10 people. Think about some extra tweaks. Leashing of mobs (which is on Live already) would likely prevent a lot of these complainers issues as well.
    Lejaun and Zrender like this.
  3. Demetri Augur

Pickzones won't work.... and then they worked...

AoCs aren't something people in EQ wanted... and now they're invaluable and loved...

Now for the next (likely bad) prediction we have locked encounters won't work.

Don't worry conspiracy crowd, you'll get a hit sometime or later with the shotgun methodology.
    Lejaun and Zrender like this.
  4. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Couldnt be further from the truth. Pickzones were always looked at favorably, as well as AoC. Both if those things went over very well on the forums. Youre pathetically disingenuous
    Thatoneguy666, Kunfo and Animosity like this.
  5. Master Kahleem Augur

Wrong, we know for a FACT that LockedEncounters do NOT work in Everquest.

Everquest2 was DESIGNED around the concept of LockedEncounters. Guess what, it was one of the least liked things of EQ2 (aside from the awful buff system).

We know, for a FACT, this is a bad idea. A lot of us were asking for the other examples you gave. (ie: they're not good examples for this context).
    Go Take A Nap and Kunfo like this.
  6. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Crabman and Tyrant has literally posted like 20 times today on their dislike of the server rule. Please stop cluttering feedback. You are making yourselves look desperate.
    Demetri and Zrender like this.
  7. Zrender Augur

You're joking, right? There were piles of people that were against both /pick and aocs. To this day there is a huge faction of EQ players that hate them. FTE is very much in line with /pick and AOCs and has the potential, if well implemented, to greatly expand the game's audience. The problem here is that since the new TLP is not free-trade there is a pile-on of people slamming it. Even then there is obviously a ton of support for FTE encounter locking as well.
    Demetri and Lejaun like this.
  8. Zrender Augur

Haha, where do you get your information? FTE is fine in EQ2, it's not even in the running for the least liked of EQ2's features. Most people like it and would probably quit if it was removed. The buffing system I'll give you.
  9. Go Take A Nap Augur

leashing mobs already is in the game, any further leashing makes it hard to pull from long distances when you run out of mobs in your camp. With long respawns this is not a good solution.
  10. Kunfo Augur

Are you kidding? 90% of unique new posters on this and the dev blog thread are anti-FTE, while Zrender and Lejaun clutter to make it look the opposite.
    Go Take A Nap and Crabman like this.
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

From launch up until today. The largest complaint is A: The EncounterLock system, and then B: The terrible buff system.

Plenty of other complaints (such as trash itemization and Raid encounters that are completely wild in terms of balance).

I'd argue you're in the minority here.
    Crabman likes this.
  12. Go Take A Nap Augur

Please explain how FTE will expand the TLP audience?

Picks and aoc have globally been well received and enabled a broader range of players. Those with low to high play times can enjoy the game equally without spending much time waiting for a camp or contesting OW raids.
  13. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

Its starting to get very easy to pick out the dev burner accounts, and you can tell that you're one. Theres 100s and 100s of people that dislike this on Discord, Facebook, and the forums. I have started a tally and its not even close to 50/50, currently based on the shier number of people its floating around 80% against and 20 for it. After reading some of the post in support of it, it looks more like burner accounts then it does actual people. There has been an absolute fall out over this server, and theres a reason why they're not doing two servers. They were embarrassed over how bad Vaniki flopped and get swept by a basic classic server, and they're scared for that to happen to a server that Enoch wants you to pay to beta test. No devs collectively agreed on this, and this reeks of a Enoch supervisor making a decision to use TLP as a live beta test server because no one is going to test this at the ability they need it tested at on test center. Enoch knows they can get a few months of 3,000+ subscribers before it dies.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  14. Phoenix17 New Member

Pickzones and AOC's are a consequence of them jam packing a ton of players on 1 or 2 servers. FTE does nothing like those did to add more mobs or split people up. This is only going to cause ppl to have just as much grief as before but with 0 way to fight back unless your using spam clicking macros. It doesn't add any value like those other things do this is only another way to mess with people now and potentially mess up raids and game events because people can lock out necessary mobs to finish the raid or events. Its is meant for a different style of game where open world is less important and doesn't drop loot from named mobs aka wow. Mobs respawn in a couple minutes in that game so something like this is not an issue. But here we have mobs that can take up to a week to respawn FTE is not a mechanic that should be used its not appropriate.
  15. IksarWarrior New Member

I do not like FTE mechanics. It is not EverQuest and it does not sound fun.
    Please do not bring this to live!
  16. Delacroix Journeyman

Dude that is NEVER going to happen.
  17. Basak Augur

LOL - Yeah, 34 weeks is probably too fast. Make it a year and we are good. HaHa! I know what you mean my guy. P99 is too boring for me, thank you though. Have a nice day, week, month, year, EQ! Check ya later!
  18. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

I do not like FTE mechanics. It is not EverQuest and it does not sound fun.
    Please do not bring this to live!
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  19. PudiTangk Apprentice

This is EverQuest, not WoW.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

the Encounter locking, looking at it generously only really solves problems that are present in classic, and to stretch it, Maybe kunark. The solution to this, is simple. Start the server in luclin or PoP. Plenty of places to go level, you don't have to kill entire play styles, or fundamentally change the game for a few forum whiners.

The people here who think that this will create grouping opportunities in the low and mid level are deluding themselves. If this gets pushed to live, and I want to create an alt, I'll get a couple guildies to create characters with me, twink the hell out of them, and level up in a night or two, never even looking at adding someone I don't know to my group, I would expect guilds to do the same if it came to it.

Most powerleveling that's done in this game after the PoP era, is likely done within guilds for no monetary exchange, but to get existing guild members leveled up if they change mains, or something similar, But as usual the people who are demanding wild changes aren't thinking past classic, because they only seem to care about eras from classic to PoP.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.