Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I agree with your first comment. Changing anything to your latter comments makes the first comment untrue. :rolleyes:

There is a reason I play more TLPs these days than Live, I dislike the rehashed zones.
  2. Dmitry Elder

This doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. The big boxers are all cheating using 3rd party software and they are just going to automate the tagging process and still get the named mob. How is this a problem for them?
  3. coltongrundy Augur

It means however I intended it to mean.
  4. Demetri Augur

Note --- this is not me! I legitimately had to think a second if I posted this, lol.
  5. Gnomie Denser than most

If Oakwynd had been announced 2-3 years ago, it would have been praised as one of the best TLP ideas ever. The concept is cool, the evolution of the server is cool, and the legacy XP bonus is cool. Even encounter locking is something new and interesting.

I think the problem is that Mischief was such a wild success, and still is, that everyone is going to compare any new TLP to Mischief's ruleset. And no matter what they do, it will always feel lackluster to people. Folks like free trade, whether it's to gear up alts, or so they can sell raid loot for Krono. And when people have that expectation set by Mischief, it's going to be hard to live up to that without having a free trade server.

Oakwynd is a cool sounding server, and despite all the complaining, they very easily could have just done another Yelinak clone like they've done almost every year. At least it does have some cool new features and concepts.
    Zrender, Lejaun, Khanfu and 1 other person like this.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

It's not. It's only a problem for the people who sell PL groups.
    Zrender likes this.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

No it wouldn't. encounter locking would have been as bad 2-3 years ago as it is today. Everyone who is in favor of it just lacks the foresight to see how it will be used against them.
    Crabman, B0HICA and Kunfo like this.
  8. Kunfo Augur

At this point I could care less about the ruleset and wait for 2024 TLP, as long as they don't break the entire game with encounter locking.
  9. Traktur Elder

and that's why we have 'new users' crawling out of the woodwork today
    Zrender likes this.
  10. Faydra Augur

Maelsong, is that you?
  11. Khanfu Elder

I'm not really disappointed with what they decided to do. I'm glad we get the totally unexpected servers and not just classic. They have been great. I am just surprised that there is no alternative.
  12. coltongrundy Augur

well yeah everything else about the server is nice, but it just has that 1 deal breaker.
    Khanfu likes this.
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

Not necessarily the encounter locking, but I won't judge that until it's tested and the details are worked out. But a lot of the other features of the server do add some nice perks for being there.
    Zrender and Lejaun like this.
  14. Kunfo Augur

This. The same account character bonus is benign and whatever. The server unlock bonuses are a fine idea (too bad they didn't add free trade).

But the first-to-encounter change breaks the game and is a huge problem, especially since they are planning to bring it to every other server.
  15. Kunfo Augur

This server has already gotten more negative feedback in one day than the last TLP announcement thread got over the past year. People seem to be flooding to the forums who don't usually post to voice their frustration about the game about to be broken.
  16. Brazy Augur

Free-Trade just makes sense. They want us to level multiple characters on one account having free-trade would at least let this be a fun process.
    Crabman and Kunfo like this.
  17. Aiona Augur

Until they disable krono trading on a new TLP.
  18. Brazy Augur

Haven't been playing EQ for a couple years which is why I think an alternative to this FTE test server would be great.
  19. code-zero Augur

I'm thinking a lot of the forum negativity is coming from people who truly did fantasize about stuff like "All classes available at opening", "PvP", "Free Trade redux" and on and on.

FTE isn't EQ IMHO so I'm not interested but the fact that this is going to be the first zero training server and people think that's toxic is the funniest thing about it
  20. Kunfo Augur

If your argument is TLP players need to play on a server on its 20th expansion, we know you're trolling and this doesn't warrant a response.