EverQuest Producer’s Letter April 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Aiona Augur

You're right, there are dozens knee jerk reactions to FTE, shooting it down before seeing it live or even waiting for the details about the mechanics to be released.

And this doesn't seem like a part of the problem to a lot of people, but it is.

I'd rather have incentives to group and earn everything myself. It's a good start in my opinion.

If you stopped buying everything with krono, including PL's, you wouldn't be bored. And if that doesn't sound fun, maybe starting ANOTHER TLP server isn't what will hold your interest long term no matter what the ruleset is.

Edit: as an aside, I don't mean to pick apart your post to be mean. I apologize if that's how I came off. But it gets pretty 'broken record' around here with all the parrots squawking the same negative response on brand new forum accounts.
    Magneress and Dullahan like this.
  2. Aiona Augur

If you can't believe that, you definitely won't believe the rest of the conversation.
  3. Kosha Journeyman

I think a guy who just created a new forum account with an immature, passive aggressive name to show how unhappy he is with the announcement, is going to struggle to be heard. You can't blame him, or anyone else, for skimming your posts.
  4. Aiona Augur

We need True-box forum posting. lol
    Baulkin and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  5. Twizle Lorekeeper

1 look at guild recruitment, 1 look at forums, 1 look at discord .... nobody is happy. When you have vicious the world renound griefer excited about a tlp and is currently 50% of the guild recruitment page for this server u know theres an issue
  6. Zrae Journeyman

I myself am not new. Just never had a reason to post much till now. I am sure most are in the same boat.
  7. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

I just figured it out! Oakwynd is a late April fools joke, and any day now they're going to post that they were just kidding, and we will all have a huge laugh after they post the real TLP server.
  8. Aiona Augur

There are plenty of guilds recruiting for the new TLP, including mine. They just aren't post about it because of the drama, and the details about FTE being both absent and way too hot topic at the moment.
  9. Sendaii New Member

Nobody asked for this, nobody. It sucks that DBG doesn't listen at all.
  10. Trident Elder

Get that cope checked out.
    Barraind and B0HICA like this.
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

Wrong

Knowing a Semi-Truck is hurling towards a toddler in a small plastic tonka-truck isn't a "knee jerk reaction". We KNOW that FTE is trash, the implications of it, etc. It does NOT fit within Everquest and is a "modern MMO Design" that most "modern" MMOs are actually moving away from.

Want to know more about it? Go and look at Everquest2's FTE system, that they've had since launch, and then imagine a worse implementation of that. EQ2's FTE system is itself completely garbage and makes the game feel like a pseudo-instanced world. It's one of the major complaints i've seen about going from EQ -> EQ2.

It's a bad idea, the majority who understand the mechanics of Everquest understand it's a bad idea, and it should not happen.

End of story
    Barraind and WeCameWeConquered like this.
  12. Twizle Lorekeeper

I think you would get a lot of interest if you posted your guild advert on the normal places as a lot of classic chads will want a home for 6 months.Though to suggest lots of guilds are recruiting is nonsense
  13. Animosity Elder

Sounds like a bold recruitment strategy by not letting anyone know you are recruiting. Hope it works out.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Everyone keeps saying the dev team is disconnected. Do you think they have no data to back up the idea a lot of folks might like encounter locks? Daybreak sees all the petitions. Pretty sure they have some confidence a lot of folks might like this experiment of theirs. Until we know how exactly it will be implemented the fact is we don't know for sure how it will go except that the first to engage will get the kill.

The big thing to remember is DB has for more info on this then we do. RMTers know how to make money under the current statue quo. They don't know if they will be as successful with the encounter locks and are panicking about it.

IF they can create a game system that respects camps somehow I am sure most folks will like it. I share the doubt they can do that and it will still be a race just a race to engage. But lets see what they are proposing.

While some find the namer stealing fun and a competitive thing most players don't like it. Anyone saying differently is in denial or is an RMTer.

DB clearly knows most players don't want to fight over camps the question is can they actually implement a system that prevents it.
  15. Aiona Augur

Thank you, it's working out better than ever. We don't need to openly recruit or do random invites. The results you get from that are very often prone to toxicity and drama. :)
    Magneress likes this.
  16. Twizle Lorekeeper

This server is an RMT we dream, they dont even need to kill the mobs to sell the loot rights. They dont need 24 accounts, they just need 3 to hold the fte
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They used to use guides for help in enforcing play nice rules in EQ in the early years. The actual enforcement was done by the GM but the guides collected info usually by standing around invis at the camp in question. I suspect stopping that may have had something to do with labor laws and using unpaid help. I don't know that for sure but it's my guess. That and some guides were more objective then others.
    Magneress and code-zero like this.
  18. AethDW Elder

Can a dev please confirm if the legacy character EXP buffs means it in the way that you normally use it and as used in the evolving part of the server description (only normal exp) or in the way the player base uses it (normal exp, AAexp, evolving item exp, and mercenary exp).
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Until we get more details on how it will work we don't know. You may well be right but we have to remember they will be spending money developing this. I have to think they have thought of the most obvious flaws. But we will see when we learn more.
  20. Twizle Lorekeeper

A dev told us it works like FD and theres a 15 second grace window from death or deagro until next engage