Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Faydra Augur

It's just going to bring back ENC charm AFK PL's.

i.e. 2 chanters with stacked pets, 4 in group AFK. Heal pets with clerics OOG, simple.
  2. Crabman Augur

look at us. 3 options in 30 minutes all better than what they gave us lol
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For starters it would allow everyone that wanted to play a Beastlord or Berserker do it at the start of the server.
    Vlahkmaak and Traktur like this.
  4. Traktur Elder

also allow halfling paladins and gnome SKs.

#win
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

I'm still fascinated by the concept some have that they can kite with a bard and force people to pay them to engage.

How do you propose to do that?

So let's say you have that train following you. If you drop aggro and an NPC heads back home unable to be engaged because it's still locked...how are you going to guarantee that the person who paid is going to be the first to engage when the NPC resets.

Too many people thinking that they are oh so clever
    Zrender and Aiona like this.
  6. Traktur Elder

You don't have to change servers.

But I like the dramatic effect.

7.5/10
    Zrender, Ruhi and Aiona like this.
  7. Zrae Journeyman

Some people like dead servers. Maybe try making eq an offline game so these people can enjoy their ghost towns. Anyone saying no can take their pick of dead ones the list is long.
  8. Zrae Journeyman

100% perma exp bonus.

Battlepass with db store stuff and unique illusions or toys.

Free Trade attunable loot. Item unlockers sold at a vender to sink plat. Each expack with a lvl increase adds a new lvl tier at a new price. Other option is to buy them from DB store.

Bst / Zerk at launch.

All Race Class Combos - Remove racial traits. Just add npc's to commonlands, easy.

Give rogues something unique.

Add Focus back to classic for casters.

Nerf charm and aoe stuns again

No FTE, it doesn't work for eq.

Toggle Bazaar in classic with a portal there.

Cut DZ in half until Gates. Add double loot to DZ.

Have at least 1 gm banning 24/7 bots, let's be real, it's obvious who is doing it.
  9. Ruhi Augur

how so what?

my point is in a dps race against a mob with low health - no one is beating a wizard with the dd wand or an sk with HT - no one else has a snowball's chance - with FTE others do.
    Ragnoruk, Laronk and Lejaun like this.
  10. Crabman Augur

the way to block people from getting their epic is not to kill the ph. thats what some of you arent getting. you can just keep the ph agroed on you as long as you want and no one can do anything about it.

you know someone on the server starting day 1 or 2 will have "a grizzly bear" agroed on them in rathe and they will keep it that way for all of classic. this will mean no jboots for the entire server.
    Trident likes this.
  11. Traktur Elder

I agree with most of these!

We dont' know about FTE yet. Welcome to the new 'test' server.

Free Trade will wipe Mischief out.

Rogues need love. Add some BS mods to early weapons and/or make the 1.0 range usable again.

Good post.
  12. Ruhi Augur

This can already be done with charm and dire charm once luclin is out.

i recall the same kneejerk when the nerf to dispelling charms happened - did people go and grief for the fun of it after that? i don't recall hearing anything
  13. Traktur Elder

You complete me.
    Moforyguy12345, B0HICA and YouDaGoob like this.
  14. Jedis Arch Mage

Krono were designed to help pay for a monthly subscription. This would still allow folks to still use it as intended.
  15. Crabman Augur

charm requires you to stay active and can be stolen when recharming needs to happen. this now does not need you to stay active nor can it ever be stolen
  16. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I'm probably going to get barraged posting this, but figured if I let the mass-boxing haters flood DayBreak Games, they might actually be convinced to change something.

As someone who always have played a single account in EQ with my alts on it (true boxing would be a headache to set up for me lol), FTE sounds amazing for multiple factors:
    1. Stop griefers. Yes, it does happen, we can put our tunnel vision blinders on and ignore it, but it 100% still occurs with the amount of degens playing EQ
    2. With the assumed halt to power-levelling, I would assume that the result would be more LFG players --> more players in the pool to group with in the day. With the declining EQ player-base, this actually sounds relevant.

My only concern is regarding proximity aggro, or even bard aggro causing FTE - it's a touchy subject that i pray to god DayBreak has figured out prior to this haha.

Honestly, my only "con" to this server is the evolving ruleset. I dont think this really motivates or incentivizes anything for anybody, and EverQuest has gotten quick enough as it is (at least personally).. It doesn't seem to be a positive note for anybody to add these, though it's not "game-breaking" so I don't ultimately care too much. Hopefully Daybreak will review these as I think most people agree it's just not necessary and probably creates a convoluted TLP.

Thanks for your time!
    - Tracking (Aradune/Yelinak)
    Fallfyres, Zrender and Lejaun like this.
  17. Trident Elder

In your scenario the charm eventually breaks and others at least have the ability to charm it themselves, attempt to kite/kill to prevent charm hitting due to range or just blow it up before charm hits again. That's never going to be a possibility here.

Pointing to dire charm is also ??? considering most of the grief this will be occurring in are expansions before that's available and severely limited due to the low level restriction.
  18. Bewts Augur

Yeah, 10% per, not 10% after first. So... bonus xp when reaching max level. Later on it becomes relevant but really isn't from a "main" perspective for Classic, Kunark and Velious where AA isn't a "thing" yet.

Although it does give people a "lot" of time to level an account full of alts to 60 when AA becomes a thing to cruise through AA very quickly. Still doesn't solve the problem that all that "time" you put into leveling alts gets negated the moment PoP drops and you have 0% bonus.

I do also think this could artificially create a more robust "market" for equipment. If OOG PL becomes more challenging, people will have to hack and slash their alts to max level which requires geared alts.

But this also assumes people actually have an incentive to obtain Legacy XP bonuses and I just don't see the work/investment being worth it for the Luclin AA grind which is one of the few early expansions where Legacy XP would carry over between expansions.
  19. taliefer Augur

I dont need free trade, but something extra would be nice. Oakwynd is really just a phinny clone at its heart. The whole encounter system is a gamewide change they want to test, not really a ruleset. and all those bonuses tied to expansions are just watered down holiday events that become permanent at different times. which is nice, but its again something they want to test for the game as a whole, not a server rule thing.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  20. Ruhi Augur

an enchanter can charm a ph and wonder off to a remote corner - how you gonna find it? (i know what you use lol, but na dawg, that's fine)

Talking about jboots -

hasten can be agro'd and killed which can keep people from doing jboots already - has anyone locked him down for all of classic? no

the occasional monk kills him looking for bro z and a few times some edgelords killed hasten for fun - that's about all i've encountered

my point is there are already many things that can be griefed within the normal dps race stratosphere of this game.

fte isn't better - it's no worse though - we're just trading 1 set of problems for another set - and the folks that have mastered the intricacies of the dps race know all the tricks and don't want to trade it for the possibility that a "tag" beats them.