There is a lot of interest in a new free trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Crabman Augur

what do frogs have to do with free trade? p99 isnt free trade but thats what I am hoping for.
  2. Xhartor Augur

Mangler still has 7 or 8 guilds plugging away, and that server is on TDS.
    Aradune is currenlty on SoD.
    They are both standard loot TLP servers.
  3. Crabman Augur

and thats fantastic! the argument i was commenting at was that mischief is only in tss so their shouldnt be another so soon. I only countered with the fact that there was a standard loot server that was actually newer than that, do by his logic, it would be time for another mischief. I wasnt saying anything bad about the standard loots servers, just pointing out the flawed logic
  4. Xhartor Augur

Mischief is specialty server, where the others are vanilla Phinny clones.
    Aradune, Mangler, and Yelinak were all released with a specialty server along side them. The general expectation most years is that they will drop a Phinny clone.
    I suspect that the Yelinak and Vaniki having smaller populations then the last few rounds of TLP's is why they are only dropping 1 server this time around.
  5. Crabman Augur

I definitely agree thats the reason they are dropping only 1 server. I just think the mischief/tb rules were so wildly popular that its crazy they arent trying it again, or at least something similar. or fine tuning the random system or something like that. i get that we had phinny clones for a long time but last years showing should be enough to say maybe we dont need that every year
  6. Tucoh Augur

Recommendations to DPG on TLP cycling:
    • Try 1 server per year and make it experimental
    • Either have someone in the decision making process play on TLPs or talk to your CRC through the process before deciding rulesets
    • Wait at least 3 years before making clones to avoid cannibalization
    • If an idea is really popular, make it a standard feature
    I wouldn't mind seeing them refine Mischief's random loot and make it somewhat standard on TLPs and even live servers. Something that mixes up drops a bit across all named or all named in a zone while retaining normal loot tables. I also think that free-trade could be done across all TLPs. Making that change now would assuredly cannibalize Mischief but it'd be worth it in the long run.
    Crabman likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

Or that market for Phinny clones is just stretched pretty out over several servers. I still play on Mangler and have no interest in playing on a server prior to TSS.
    Traktur likes this.
  8. Crabman Augur

but theres exactly the thing. thats not ruleset thats era preference. You enjoy tss and beyond and I enjoy pre pop. ive been playing on mischief up through tss now but still in a heartbeat would go back to classic-luclin because thats what i enjoy even more now having seen some later or mid expansions whatever you want to call them. but on top of that i also enjoyed mischief extra because of the free trade which is why i stuck with mischief this year. and your point of phinny clones being stretched thin also adds to a reason for another mischief/free trade style server
  9. Go Take A Nap Augur

cant find the dislike button , so instead ill attempt to show you how i feel about this.

aoihsdf098yqip34unhklajnhdfl;kgnmsalkfnvkjsadf8uyvg8
    Crabman likes this.
  10. TheRealMuramx Elder

We get it people on Mischief don't want anyone else to have a good experience. We know your scared of your guildies jumping ship and you not being able to raid, or your small clique of friends you group with everytime you log in leaving so you have no one to play with.

No one wants a fresh start 1/2 through content. No one wants to play on empty zones because everyone is playing current content. Not everyone wants 6 computers so they can try and play catch up. Maybe they should delete Mischief... Because they there is always FV you can start on right?
    Schwifty, Zinkeh, Khanfu and 2 others like this.
  11. Sakuraba Augur

I actually don't play on Mischief. But it is an existing ruleset, it's at the perfect point for catching up. The Classic thru PoP gauntlet is supposedly not fun at all (According to this forum) so that shouldn't be an issue -- the issue is whether or not we actually need another free trade yet. I would wager we really don't, Mischief's not even close to live yet.

But you do you.
    Zrender likes this.
  12. TheRealMuramx Elder

Uhm, halfway through the game is not even close to a good place to catch up. Especially when the server is set up to be extremely end game heavy.

Not sure what forums your talking about because it's definitely not this one. TLPs take off at the begining and have a die off point at GoD and another one around OoW. If that was not fun then a vast majority of TLP players wouldn't be playing that part of the game over and over...

Clearly we do as that's the #1 thing that a majority of people have been asking for.

So basically if it happened, it wouldn't affect you yet you comment on every post about it basically talking booing and hissing at the idea... That's just weird.
    wade_watts likes this.
  13. Zinkeh Augur

See this response constantly.

People....many people play TLP for the classic to pop experience. People want a mischief like experience from classic to pop. Mischief and Thorny were an absolute blast and folks want to do it again on perhaps a different class. Why is this so hard for folks like you to understand?
  14. Vindar Augur

Catching up is not hard at all and if you can find people to play with if you would actually put in some effort. Also, yea, why would anyone want their server cannibalized for another?

It seems like if they remove FTE and add something like heirloom for no drops, most people would be satisfied.
  15. Schwifty Journeyman

I picture a literal EQ troll behind the keyboard of anyone against this.
    No one is asking for a Mischief clone, we'd simply like free trade added to the current rule set. We prefer not watching loot rot on raids and not being able to hand down gear to alts. There is essentially no down side to having free trade.
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  16. Xhartor Augur

I would have agreed with prior to playing on Mangler. I returned to EQ after a long break when a friend told me about Agnarr, and that sounded great. Having a server that lived in EQ's most popular period. It was experiencing the post TSS game that changed my mind.

The game play is overall better, there more to do outside of raids in most expansions. The UI interface is still manageable and hasn't become a clutter clusterf--- yet.

I think that Mischief is hurt post Velious by the random loot and massive increase in volume. Basically once group obtainable loot stops being comparable to raid loot. It too easy for everyone to get full dressed in BiS, and to much of the raiding is a race to the bottom. A number of guilds in PoP gave the EP's a higher priority because they could walk over most of the fights, instead of needing their raider paying attention in PoTime. On a standard TLP in TSS, FC2 and AG:N are your guild main loot hauls during the week, on Mischief they focus that energy on mass splitting Haerol in FC1, and other encounter that can easily for loot volume.
  17. TheRealMuramx Elder

This right here is why. I played on Mischief from the start right around OoW the grouping slowed down to the same couple of guildies everyday. If they weren't on then off to solo or box I went because that's how 95% of the population was playing. I took a short break with oN and came back for DoDH. I played for 2... In that time no one was in the LFG tab, I saw 2 people in general LFG an different days. I got onto 2 partial groups that never did anything because we couldn't fill up the other slots. I got 1full group for about 10 mins which I spent dragging a couple bodies before everyone split.

Saying "put some effort into it" is like telling someone they aren't catching fish in a pond because they aren't trying hard enough, while failing to mention there are no fish in the pond to catch.
  18. Vindar Augur

I started not long ago and had no issue. If you're relying on LFG, yea you set yourself up for failure.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Random Loot / Free Trade is a "Special Ruleset" TLP.

Those have so far only been re-released after the original has already reached Live status & ceased being a special ruleset server.

I see no reason to change that pattern, releasing a new TLP with Mischief's special ruleset only after Mischief reaches live is in line with expectation.
    Waring_McMarrin and Zrender like this.
  20. Zansobar Augur

If you don't give your customers what they want, you will lose your customers. Free Trade / Random Loot should have become the normal ruleset after they realized the success it became (and it wasn't just because it was "different").