Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Crixos Journeyman

Not a bad idea.
  2. MischiefTLP Augur

3: Quarm/Brekt, Mischief, Thornblade
  3. Larsen Augur

So any random person can now waltz into a camp and KS entire groups, or grief a zone by kiting all the mobs around for the lulz. Sounds like I'm done with Everquest.
    Kunfo likes this.
  4. MischiefTLP Augur

1) Form raid
    2) Gather mobs, everyone in raid is flagged for those mobs
    3) Disband raid to keep the groups together since some people are likely AFK
    4) Chain stun and kill the pull

It's two extra button clicks per pull, one to invite the group leaders to raid, another to disband the raid. Same with high level pulling a bunch of mobs to DS them down and low level group only has to do 1 point of damage to get credit, now you have to gather the mobs with the high level in the group/raid, nothing else has changed.

In theory the raid disbanding could mean it randomly picks one group and is immune to all other groups and in theory someone leaving the group could make the current pull reset but most likely the above is exactly how to PL on Oakwynd using the two most effective methods.

This is of course the problem with trying to provide feedback, it relies on making guesses what the mechanic does and then offering a critique. Encounter locking could also mean that anyone who isn't in the initial group/raid can't loot anything from the corpse.
  5. Tserothen Journeyman

How about no?
    Pikallo likes this.
  6. Xhartor Augur

We don't know the specifics on how the lock will work, any answer is just speculation.
    Does first to engage mean first aggro the mob or first to damage?
    The could end up meaning, that outside party can attack, but FTE ends up getting kill credit.
    Non-damaging effect might still work from outside the group(AE stuns would fall in this category).
    Will outside healing work?

[IMG]
  7. Tserothen Journeyman

yeah were money printing machines who need our classic-velious! Were here for bags and purple clerics! You made us into the wild wild west! You can not turn around and un do Brads dream!!! The end of an era and a dream! Casuals do not deserve naggy loot how far have we fallen!
  8. Tserothen Journeyman

Pretty simple... This server is a dud and its a great chance too give back!? Pop Locked like Agnarr

Yearly progression server that ends in LDON and dumps your toons onto agnarr! This server will shut down and be wiped clean yearly.

Add a merchant in each town that allows you to sell one item from Classic-pop so you can reclaim that item on the next go around. you can only claim that item in the era it is marked. So yes when Kunark drops the 2nd time you can claim you epic. All items claimed become no drop account locked.

Bonus loot , Increase Rare spawn , Live Exp , It can be free trade just make sure people when they go to prison Agnarr items will be "No Drop"

OGRE OF THE PPL
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are right they know about both legacy character xp and first to engage mechanics as they have been used in other Daybreak games. However that doesn't change the fact that first to engage seems like it is more focused on the issues that are present mainly on a TLP server, especially a fresh TLP server, as the types of problems it addresses are not really an issue on most live servers.

Regarding the test server how can it be used to test something with this large of an impact when it doesn't have a large player base that will be competing against each other? The only way that I can see to test it is on a new TLP server with a population that will be playing in the same areas.
  10. Triconx Augur

If you think FTE is a major feature to be tested for live, you're clueless. A vast majority of all gear can and is acquired through instances. All raids are instances; almost all group gear can be farmed through missions. Also live community doesn't actively sit there dps racing each other. Most respect camps and move on. Only the TLP slimeballs partake in dps racing and KSing.

Also, judging the FTE mechanics before actually trying them is reactionary and entitled. You have zero clue how it will end up. Stop with the knee jerk reactions.

This same community will cry about phinny clones then cry when they don't get another in lieu of a creative server with unique rulesets.
  11. Bewts Augur

They said OOG cannot damage (therefore no ability to get credit).

There’s ways around this in theory like grouping to pull then disbanding before blowing things up so that the lock only remains on those being PL’d.

There’s also a lot of other unclear things like can OOG non-damage spells land such as heals, slows, snares, taunts, buffs and the like.

I think it just makes PL a tad more complex and limiting unattended AKF PL, but it certainly narrows the PL crowd for both pay for XP and those doing it for boxes.

I’m not sure at this point if this was an unforeseen consequence of trying to deal with DPS races that impact a small percentage of TLP players or if this was intended to curtail the Krono for PL market. If it’s the PL market/universe, that seems counter intuitive to the Legacy perk because far less people will realize it’s “benefit” if PL becomes more difficult for casual players to obtain for their horde of alts marching to max level each expansion.
  12. Bewts Augur

Legacy Xp needs to carry over between expansions to be worthwhile.

Players put a premium on XP during the first 10 days of an unlock. The bonus shouldn’t revert to zero on Day 1, but should decay by 10% each day.

This would make it worthwhile for people to level alts on the same account to speed up their main’s XP gain during the first few days of an expansion unlock.

Otherwise, TLP life span at a certain level is far too short to really make Legacy perk anything other than an after thought. The time spent leveling 3 alts to max level (especially with gimped PL xp due to encounter locking) are easily covered with the monthly SC xp pot you can buy.

An alternative would be to make the Legacy XP a bard buff that lasts so many hours when an expansion with a level increase unlocks.
    Appren and Crabman like this.
  13. Crabman Augur

10% a day is a solid option. the other way they could do it would be to say instead of specifying for the current era, just say, for the previous era. that way if I have 10 alts at 60 when pop releases, i get the bonus all through pop. but once ldon releases, pop is now the previous era and that bonus is gone unless i have leveled the alts to 65.
  14. Traktur Elder

The odds that people are posting on a TLP forum and aren't playing on a TLP at all is about the same odds that the KC Royals will win the World Series this year.

That's a zero.
    Ruhi likes this.
  15. Triconx Augur

Well you have about 8 to choose from if that's the case.
  16. AethDW Elder

I think folks are also missing that "Exp", "AA exp", "merc exp", and "evolving item exp" are all treated by the devs as separate objects. That's also present in evolving part of the server rules with them being separate. So I suspect what they actually mean here is just "exp", and you won't even get an aa xp benefit. That's how I'd read it at least & based on the past where they treat those as different things. Super pointless part of the rules, especially with AOC lockouts being account wide.
  17. Bewts Augur

Agree another way to approach it is then Legacy XP bonus is active for an expansion and refreshes based on character levels at the next level increase unlock or when another character reaches max level during an expansion.

5 characters at 50 when Kunark drops = 50% for Kunark.
    During Kunark 2 new characters reach 60 = 70% for remainder of Kunark, Velious and Luclin.
    When Pop Drops your bonus is set at however many characters are at 65 and lasts until 70 unlocks.
    Crabman likes this.
  18. Bewts Augur

I think the AOC topic has merit, but is also separate in the Legacy discussion. Gearing 3 or 4 alts on a single account to raid in an expansion seems to be a small subset of the population affected by this.
  19. Traktur Elder

Why don't they?
    Because they didn't in original (because it was poorly tuned/WoW) and also because there's always a new 'fresh' TLP at that time so the treadmill rerollers move to the new server to make me more krono.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I am reading there is a part of this that is being missed/ignored, even if you just have a single character you still get a 10% xp boost as soon as they are max level.