There is a lot of interest in a new free trade TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Thewiz Augur

Why just have 1 new TLP. Would it be possible to please add another free trade server? It would be heavily populated in any form. Easiest way may be to have a clone of Oakwynd but have free trade enabled,
  2. Sakuraba Augur

No Mischief clone is needed. Play Mischief, it's there and it will be there.
    Lejaun and Zrender like this.
  3. Thewiz Augur

I want to box on one comp eventually. Mischief, as of now, does not have that option. And there in no guarantee that it will. With Oakwynds rule set, plus free trade, I would be happy.
  4. Mayor Journeyman

Mischief is not a fresh start and isn't appealing based on it's progression so far into expansions a large amount of people have no interest in
  5. Kunfo Augur

Don't make it an Oakwynd clone, make it a mischief or FV clone, and I'm in.
    wade_watts likes this.
  6. Khanfu Elder

I certainly don't want to start "progressing" from serpents spine...

I wasn't able to start on mischief at the time it was released but after last years TLP I held out hope it would come around this year since it was so successful.

Id just be happy with an alternative to the proposed ruleset.

I hope the planned TLP is successful and fun for those who want to play it. I just want a choice for those of us who want to get back into EQ this year.
    Iove and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  7. Zrender Augur

I have nothing against those that love free trade but I think you're missing the fact that while, yes, a free trade server would most certainly be populated (dpg knows this), it would get that population from existing free trade servers and would get virtually zero players that don't want free trade. If this server prevents mob training and PLing (depends on devs skill) it's the first server I've seen that could get new players or get back players that left due to the mass PL spam or free for all mob training and toxic camps.
  8. Kunfo Augur

I can guarantee you there are plenty of people who will not play on Mischief from this point on but will play on a Mischief clone, and vice versa. I am an example of the former.

In any event, they used to cannibalize Phinny clones year after year, and we are now 2 years removed from the last free trade server.
  9. Crabman Augur

No TLPs are needed. Play live servers, they are there and will be there.

same argument really...
  10. Noxious New Member

I also would like AT THE VERY LEAST free trade. I would honestly be happy with Yelinak-Free trade at this point. I love to barter and trade in the tunnel in classic. Some people may hate it, but I think its great. I can play with a game currency and if I make some bad investments my life isn't over like it is in real life. People keep trolling to "Go to mischief" or "Go to yelinak" if you dont like it. Here is what I have for you. This is a nostalgia game. A lot of us come to play for that very reason. its a 20 year old game. you DO NOT overhaul a 20 year old game. Look at how successful WoW lich king servers were. They did not change the games fundamentals. Give those of us a chance on another server with free trade, or just simply NOT those new rules. I like the classic experience. Why do people get mad when others want a separate server? Im not going to play on your server if I dont like it, so why come play on ours? They have released 2 servers before, so whats different? People are so scared of their server dying. Guess what. If a server DOES die, then that means the PLAYERS HAVE SPOKEN. Its what they want. If not, they WOULD STILL BE THERE. How can people be so blind as to not see that?
    Thewiz, Khanfu, Kunfo and 1 other person like this.
  11. Khanfu Elder

Cant we just have a Choice? I'm all for the new server and hope its successful, but I was personally looking forward to a more traditional TLP this year. I want everyone to have fun playing EQ.

This post isnt asking for changes to their new server. just an alternative.
    Jakken likes this.
  12. Loscropos New Member

Yeah, cause we all want to start from scratch in TSS.

Its like saying, we don't need new servers. There are already servers.
    wade_watts likes this.
  13. Xhartor Augur

Isn't free trade an overhaul of the classic game?
    Only 1 server in the old days had Free Trade and it had several rules to balance out the free trade.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  14. Crixos Journeyman

I'm not convinced on Free Trade, where is the fun to be BiS within a half the expansion unlock on several chars?! Make all no drop items attunable from classic onwards and the server is more challenging while still getting people their easy mode
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  15. Twizle Lorekeeper

if your not BiS on any normal rule set server after pop a month or so in, you probably wouldnt be BiS on mischief either. Brummals still sell for 20kr on mischief, there are not that many monks with 40kr to spend on something they upgrade in a month
  16. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I like the idea of all no drops being attunable instead of free trade. Feels like a 'best of both worlds' to me.
  17. Crabman Augur

Attunable is best for people who are selling all the raid loot and not using it, which is one of the biggest complaints I see about mischief, and is the worst for the normal player who likes to gear out alts after his main is geared or use something for a while then try to sell it when you get an upgrade.
  18. Tserothen Journeyman

It will not happen until next year =( ! The current server is only in TSS keep dreaming
  19. Crabman Augur

Current standard loot server is only in ldon… so it sounds like it should happen by that logic…
  20. Tserothen Journeyman

If you need to kill frogs in guk so badly go play p99