Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Mayor Journeyman

It's not just raid mobs, do you know how long I can hold the raster PH on aggro? Bruh I got a manastone on p99 green, I can sit in guk for days.
  2. Aiona Augur

Same, AoC is the way to go to avoid the troll games. lol
  3. Mayor Journeyman

So what are the odds a legitimate player can compete against a motivated person with a 3rd party program that tracks spawn times of mobs? The player that uses 3rd party software will know the exact time and rotation for a rare spawn and knowing the countdown to the mob pop will either allow them to kill it, or sell kill rights to any mob as they knew in advance when it would pop and can take aggro first. This is going to drastically change krono farmer tactics and make the plague of them worse in every possible way.
    Joules_Bianchi and Kunfo like this.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Do you really need to make a new thread every time you think of something you don't like about this server? Play on it or don't.
    Ruhi, Ragnoruk, Bullsnooze and 3 others like this.
  5. Franklin Tanklin New Member

[/q
    Seriously, some peeps are annoying.
  6. Mayor Journeyman

No, id rather make it known that there are issues i see with the new TLP and add them as I please to a public forum. Read them or don't.
    Ruiner and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

This has already been addressed in other threads, multiple times. There is one that is several pages long that talks about potential griefing that can occur.
  8. Sweetkisses New Member

If it goes in like you say here, not only will out of group healers be possible but in many instances will be massively preferable once exp gain isn’t necessary for them. Imagine being able to heal with impunity and even if the group wipes the cleric can stand in the middle of it and the mobs won’t engage unless your standing at their “home”

And if heals do generate aggro then I imagine aggro can be generated other ways too, which means a monk could unintentionally drop an untouchable mob on your group when pulls cross each other and no way to taunt it back.

No matter what implementation they go with I expect some busted mechanics.
  9. Bananabread Apprentice

This isn’t a play on it or don’t because of a gimmicky ruleset like Selos, Mischief, or Vaniki. That would be the progressive stuff. The FTE is a complete change to the how EverQuest is played and could be coming to all servers if everyone isnt vocal about it now.
  10. Jakken Journeyman

Third party software? You can do this with an egg timer.
  11. Lejaun Augur

You mean vocal about something that is new to EQ that they haven't tried out yet? Yes, EQ, not EQ2 or other games. What works in other games may not work here and vice versa.

Or something that may or may not get implemented that will likely have little effect on most servers if it does get added? There isn't much KSing issues on live servers.

Maybe, just maybe, people are being a little over dramatic about this and should wait until it actually plays out.
  12. Franklin Tanklin New Member

Except back in 1999 it was first hit and if someone KSed you, you reported it to a GM who would ban the Kser.
  13. Mayor Journeyman

or maybe, just maybe, when a vast majority of people don't want something they come together to rally against it just like with D&Ds licensing agreement. People's opinions are valid, and when the vast majority don't like something they're gonna be heard
    Thatoneguy666, Kunfo and Jakken like this.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Complainers going to complain.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Raid lockout being account wide is limited to AoC instances. Once you get to PoTime or LDoN and beyond the lockout are character based, not account wide.
  16. Aiona Augur

And that is why so many players love it, that and the fact that there's a lot of money to be made off of players that would rather buy their gear/AA's/levels/epics/achievements/etc. instead of spending their valuable time earning it themselves.

I couldn't possibly enjoy such a thing myself, but if others do, then who am I to say no.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They know about Legacy XP. They've know for well more than a decade. They know how to implement it. They know how players regard it. It is "new" to EQ, it is not new to SOE/DBG/DPG.

If they wanted, they could just as easily add it to DCUO or any other product line they manage that allows multiple characters on an account.

While engage locks exist in EQ2 and they existed in Vanguard, both games were built with that as a core mechanic. It is much more likely that FTE is being tested for porting to live. It doesn't really make any sense to me as to why, aside from trying to kill off decades old tactics (talking live here not just TLP).

Vanguard's needed a tweak to reduce/stop griefing. I don't believe they had to tweak much of anything from EQ2 (remember VG started out under different management). We (yes the collective "we") don't even know all of the details with FTE lock. I'm pretty positive that it is going to cause a load of unintended consequences, as well as making srcipt programs much more obvious to the general playerbase. When waiting for that NPC to spawn and it either renders as a corpse or already locked.. that'll be fun.

I've played both EQ2 and VG and had no issues with how the NPC's lock when engaged. I know the "sore" points that caused CS issues and ended up regularly monitored. I know that, for EQ, FTE at 100% is going to be a BAAAD time. Even more so with the additional provisions they've tacked on. They need to roll it back a bit, at the very least. They didn't mention it, but they also need to ensure that, after rolling it back, the "losers" of the engagement phase is removed from aggro and also cannot damage the NPC. This way a force powerful enough to actually take on the NPC would need to be present and prevent burst DPS grief locking, and not burn other character's time, HP, mana, etc.. DPSing and tanking a mob just to find it was locked. Quite a bit of that data existed. It might not anymore, but it has been a thing.

TBH, nothing added to Oakwynd is "new" to the company. I see nothing standing out as a truly new feature. Legacy XP is definitely not new and needs no testing at all. FTE needs testing, but it isn't a new concept to DPG.

Either way something like FTE, that impact a myriad of core gaming strategies is what TEST is for. That is why TEST gets to play for FREE. This is just going to continue to stir the hornet's nest after every expansion unlock. Every time a new ability/spell is given to a class that somehow breaks old strats, makes the spell/ability useless, allows for some massive exploit, you name it.. the forums will explode just like today.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Bananabread Apprentice

You are completely missing the point you can KS with this rule easier so that’s not an issue. It’s the fact they are changing the way the core game works.

And don’t you think this should have been I don’t know tested before it was put on a pay to play server? Or any server live or tlp.
    Thatoneguy666 and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  19. Mayor Journeyman

This should be pinned, great post.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Over in Funny Car, John Force still is the king of the start line, as he's 23-5 and is in first in the points standings by 115 over his daughter Ashley Force Hood, who is 10-14 against her opponents. John's average reaction time is 0.085 seconds, while Ashley's is 0.115.

3rd party software clocks in at .00010

Go ahead, try.
    Mayor likes this.